Luke's coaching staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Chip Engelland. Either this guy is the most loyal SA assistant ever or no one is opening up their checkbooks. Double his (bleep) salary and bring him aboard.

He's an LA guy too. I've heard funny stories about him shooting pull up 30 footers on 2-on-1 fast breaks and talking (bleep) to his own teammates after he makes them in pickup games.

Had no clue he was LA guy. Lakers better JUMP ON THIS!!! He can fix Randle's jumper too! Murray gonna have to prove it to me cuz I don't believe he's a quality shooting coach right now

Chip Engelland was Palisades High's prized shooter before leaving for Duke in 1979, only to be followed by Steve Kerr, who started as a freshman the next year.

Per Wikipedia (I'm not old enough to validate w/o Wikipedia), he was also a Bruin ballboy near the tail end of the Wooden era.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject:

"Chip Engelland is an American-Filipino former professional basketball player and currently an assistant coach..."

Oh wow didn't realize that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject:

Any name that I actually heard of in the past would be an upgrade.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I'd suggest Chuck Person, Glen Rice, or Mike Penberthy for shooting coaches. Randle's shot at the rim is broken and Clarkson's 3 just looks funny.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Chip Engelland. Either this guy is the most loyal SA assistant ever or no one is opening up their checkbooks. Double his (bleep) salary and bring him aboard.

He's an LA guy too. I've heard funny stories about him shooting pull up 30 footers on 2-on-1 fast breaks and talking (bleep) to his own teammates after he makes them in pickup games.

Had no clue he was LA guy. Lakers better JUMP ON THIS!!! He can fix Randle's jumper too! Murray gonna have to prove it to me cuz I don't believe he's a quality shooting coach right now

Chip Engelland was Palisades High's prized shooter before leaving for Duke in 1979, only to be followed by Steve Kerr, who started as a freshman the next year.

Per Wikipedia (I'm not old enough to validate w/o Wikipedia), he was also a Bruin ballboy near the tail end of the Wooden era.

Someone on LG posted that Jeanie and Chip used to date (in highshcool I believe), I hope that wouldn't have a negative impact, but you never know once those feelings get involved
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Someone on LG posted that Jeanie and Chip used to date (in highshcool I believe), I hope that wouldn't have a negative impact, but you never know once those feelings get involved

Didn't know Jeanie liked brown rice. (Don't worry. I'm Pinoy. )
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject:

If Metta retires then I'm pretty sure he will be offered a role as part of the Lakers coaching staff or at the D-Fenders but he thinks he can carry on playing for a couple more years yet. Casey Owens has done well coaching for the D-Fenders this season, could he get a look in at being part of the coaching set-up?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
I'd suggest Chuck Person, Glen Rice, or Mike Penberthy for shooting coaches. Randle's shot at the rim is broken and Clarkson's 3 just looks funny.

Being a good shooter doesn't mean you can teach it. Chip Engelland has a long history of fixing broken jumpers.

http://grantland.com/features/the-shot-doctor/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2014/06/11/chip-engelland-shooting-coach-san-antonio-spurs-vs-miami-heat-game-4-preview-finals/10340393/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

Being a good shooter doesn't mean you can teach it. Chip Engelland has a long history of fixing broken jumpers.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2014/06/11/chip-engelland-shooting-coach-san-antonio-spurs-vs-miami-heat-game-4-preview-finals/10340393/

DO IT!!
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

DO IT!!

Quote:
Lakers president Jeannie Buss was the team’s scorekeeper and Engelland’s girlfriend.)

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
pio2u wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

DO IT!!

Quote:
Lakers president Jeannie Buss was the team’s scorekeeper and Engelland’s girlfriend.)

Bruh, your avi is hypnotic.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
pio2u wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Scoffs wrote:

DO IT!!

Quote:

Bruh, your avi is hypnotic.

you are getting verrrrry sleeeeeepy

when I snap my fingerssss...you will paypal me alllllll of yourrrr moneeyyyyyy

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
If Metta retires then I'm pretty sure he will be offered a role as part of the Lakers coaching staff or at the D-Fenders but he thinks he can carry on playing for a couple more years yet. Casey Owens has done well coaching for the D-Fenders this season, could he get a look in at being part of the coaching set-up?

I would rate the chances of that as high.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Luke surround himself with a good staff just like Kerr and Phil did. I think that is the most important thing. Not sure who he is going for at all, but hopefully the Lakers FO says "Get whoever you want and the best you can get "

Also, I wouldn't mind Blatt in an assistant position but don't know if he would be okay with that. Probably would be if he doesn't get an HC job.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Nash and the best available defensive guru...

Nash is under contract with the warriors, I believe. How would we be able to get him, if Luke wanted him apart his staff?
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
22 wrote:

Chip Engelland isn't Pinoy.

He was a naturalized Filipino specifically to help the basketball programs in the Philippines and to join the FIBA Asia tournaments.

He's basically what Blatche is now for the Philippine team.

I asked my father about him, he said that he was a great shooter but vaguely remembers him because he only had a short stint in the Philippines Basketball Association.

It's pretty cool though. I knew about him as a shooting coach but not as a naturalized Filipino until I googled him.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/special-feature-naturalized-stars-chip-engelland-dennis-still-jeff-moore-cherish-philippine-team-memories
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

From WOJ Sources: Indiana coach Frank Vogel's contract expires at season's end and so far there's been no discussion of a contract extension.

His team Plays good defense
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Vogel is a damn good coach, but I did scratch my head at some of the things he did in this series. I think he stays, but would love to have him here as an assistant
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

How long is Pitino's team under ban?
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Vogel was a scout for us apparently back in the day
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe can be our shot doctor.

!...
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tim Bontemps ✔ ‎@TimBontemps
Heard tonight that Vogel may have been coaching for his job. Think he's a really good coach. Would be an odd move.

PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Get Nash, Becky Hammon, Gary Payton, and Mike Brown for D. He's not a head coach but a good Assistant coach. Doubt he'd go for that here though.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

David Blatt
B.Shaw
2 guys if Luke choice.

Kerr placed emphasis on filling his staff with young former players so they could participate hands on. Will be interesting if Luke goes the same route
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
22 wrote:

Chip Engelland isn't Pinoy.

He was a naturalized Filipino specifically to help the basketball programs in the Philippines and to join the FIBA Asia tournaments.

He's basically what Blatche is now for the Philippine team.

I asked my father about him, he said that he was a great shooter but vaguely remembers him because he only had a short stint in the Philippines Basketball Association.

It's pretty cool though. I knew about him as a shooting coach but not as a naturalized Filipino until I googled him.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/special-feature-naturalized-stars-chip-engelland-dennis-still-jeff-moore-cherish-philippine-team-memories

Haha oh ok.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 6 of 62
Jump to: