Luke's coaching staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject:

Forget the Bulls... read up on Jen Swanson's CV prior to the Bulls. It's very very very impressive.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject:

Can someone post the Theo Robertson article the Lakers just tweeted? My work comp won't let me view it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

Don't care much about Jens competency, just mostly about her level of attractiveness which imo is very acceptable.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Don't care much about Jens competency, just mostly about her level of attractiveness which imo is very acceptable.

I guess Seto wasn't cutting it for you.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:

So the rehab exercises I was given led to me not only setting back the original injury, but also blowing out both knees, but it was cool, because the chick was so hot.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Can someone post the Theo Robertson article the Lakers just tweeted? My work comp won't let me view it

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160914-coaching-staff-theo-robertson?cid=tw
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

It appears Robertson will be one of the player development personnel:

Quote:

In the meantime, Robertson will trade in the clipboard for some sneakers, as he is tasked with "on-court skills development" for the Lakers.

I'm guessing he will help the perimeter guys with shooting since he was a sharpshooter in college.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
22 wrote:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160914-coaching-staff-theo-robertson?cid=tw

Thanks KC2K!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

So the rehab exercises I was given led to me not only setting back the original injury, but also blowing out both knees, but it was cool, because the chick was so hot.

Finally, someone who gets it
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:

I guess Seto wasn't cutting it for you.

Seto was beautiful in her own way.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

Meet the Staff: Theo Robertson

Quote:
“It really speaks to both Luke and Jesse — just their willingness extend me that opportunity to really grow and be in that seat, which is completely different,” Robertson said. “Get my feet wet and lead that group. ... From a competitive standpoint, I had a blast doing it. Just looking forward to another opportunity to do so."

In the meantime, Robertson will trade in the clipboard for some sneakers, as he is tasked with "on-court skills development" for the Lakers.

Keeping up with L.A.'s young roster will be a challenge, but certainly isn't a deal-breaker for Robertson, who ended his five-year collegiate career at California in 2010.

As a senior, Robertson was named Second Team All-Pac-12, led the league in 3-point percentage (44.0) and helped the Golden Bears to their first conference title in 50 years.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160914-coaching-staff-theo-robertson?cid=fb
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:

In this Chinese Yi interview, there is really interesting footage of the coaching staff working with the peps:

some things I noticed:
- Zu is expanding his perimeter game quite a bit.
- Coby Karl is working actively with some of the players/coaches, which would imply he'll be more than just the d-fenders coach. They view him as an integral part of the Lakers organization already.
- The coaching staff is on the court showing where the ball needs to be moved. I guess that's the upside of having a younger coaching staff - they can get on the court and show how it's done.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I don't know bout you guys but hiring Jud Buechler (shooting coach who cant shoot and has no bball coaching experience) and Jen Swanson ( blamed for Rose and Noah reinjury) makes me nervous.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
I don't know bout you guys but hiring Jud Buechler (shooting coach who cant shoot and has no bball coaching experience) and Jen Swanson ( blamed for Rose and Noah reinjury) makes me nervous.

Just to lighten up your mood:

Jud has connected with the young players from everything I have read, and is closely doing a good job of working with Ingram, he is not a waste on the staff and is actually more valuable then Tracy Murray or Mark Madsen.

Jen is actually a good physician, lets see...

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/health-top-priority-bulls-bring-swanson.html/

She has helped a lot of athletes over the years.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
twisted wrote:

Jud has connected with the young players from everything I have read, and is closely doing a good job of working with Ingram, he is not a waste on the staff and is actually more valuable then Tracy Murray or Mark Madsen.

With Jud, can't say for sure he's more valuable than Murray. I mean, lot of our players have better FT% than Jud ever did, so what pointers can he impart them? And I seriously doubt he is more valuable than Madsen. Officially, Luke has assigned Madsen the bigger position as an Asst Coach while Jud is only a player devt coach.

With Jen, I do realize she is being hired as an in-house PT to replace Judy, and not for the athletic director position which was her last job for the bulls. But I only know of her work with Bulls players, which other NBA players has she worked with? Man I still wish we have kept Alex McKechnie.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
twisted wrote:

With Jud, can't say for sure he's more valuable than Murray. I mean, lot of our players have better FT% than Jud ever did, so what pointers can he impart them? And I seriously doubt he is more valuable than Madsen. Officially, Luke has assigned Madsen the bigger position as an Asst Coach while Jud is only a player devt coach.

With Jen, I do realize she is being hired as an in-house PT to replace Judy, and not for the athletic director position which was her last job for the bulls. But I only know of her work with Bulls players, which other NBA players has she worked with? Man I still wish we have kept Alex McKechnie.

Not knocking on Murray, but this year's coaching staff made more progress in just a few weeks than Murray did all of last season.

I believe Jud and the coaching staff played a big role in Ingram's progress throughout the summer league - he was working closely with Ingram and the other prospects on the team. Ingram broke out in his last game because his stroke was actually better than what he displayed in his previous games. Yi also appears to have a quicker release than what he displayed in the Olympics. I can only assume it was something the coaching staff pointed out.

They've impressed from the little I've seen from them. I expect huge strides in everyone's game. I think we'll find out why Luke hired Jud during the season, but I still trust his judgement in hiring him.

The only question mark for me is Jen. I believe Thibs is as much as to blame for Chicago's injuries.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
twisted wrote:

Don't underestimate Jen, I know she didn't handle the Rose and Noah injuries well, but her overall track record is very positive.

Jud shouldn't get criticized cause he's not the main proceeder in wins or loses, he's just there to work with players and help them evolve.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Coby Karl is also in the background of that Yi Chinese interview... helping with the reps to... someone?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Jud Buechler has been designated as a "shooting" coach. I think he's just a coach. You don't need to be a shot doctor to run shooting drills.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I don't think Jud Buechler has been designated as a "shooting" coach. I think he's just a coach. You don't need to be a shot doctor to run shooting drills.

Right. Official roles/areas of expertise on the staff hasn't become public knowledge as of yet.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160919-coaching-staff-jud-buechler?cid=tw

more on Jud
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

more on Jud

Quote:

“I’ve been told I’m the most positive person on the planet,” Buechler said, beaming. “I don’t know if I am or not, but I think positive energy’s huge, especially with a young group of guys. We’re not going to win every game, and losing is really tough on young players and on teams in this league. So we just need to stay the course, (think) more big picture and enjoy the process of getting better.”

81-1 confirmed.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
22 wrote:

more on Jud

Quote:

“I’ve been told I’m the most positive person on the planet,” Buechler said, beaming. “I don’t know if I am or not, but I think positive energy’s huge, especially with a young group of guys. We’re not going to win every game, and losing is really tough on young players and on teams in this league. So we just need to stay the course, (think) more big picture and enjoy the process of getting better.”

81-1 confirmed.

I think you mean 97-1!
You forgot playoffs, silly.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
22 wrote:

more on Jud

Quote:

81-1 confirmed.

I think you mean 97-1!
You forgot playoffs, silly.

wow how did I miss that.

http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif?noredirect
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
22 wrote:

more on Jud

Quote:

81-1 confirmed.

Political answer, The staff has no idea how the young players are gonna do, until then there is gonna be some question marks, but if the young players show there star potential this year, then the whole game changes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 60 of 62
Jump to: