Luke's coaching staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject:

Bring in Gary Payton!
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

Brian Shaw is a win-win, and frankly is a better idea than Fisher anyways.

I would mind them keeping Mad Dog - I think it's helpful to keep someone from the previous staff.

So Mad Dog, Shaw, and then get the best defensive mind you can.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

The GSW way is to maximize the things you can maximize, including assistants. They told Steve Kerr to go out and hire the best assistants available and spare no expense putting that team together. I have to believe that Luke will have taken that lesson to heart and bring in top notch assistants rather than trying to fill those roles with people he has previous relationships with. So I strongly doubt Shaw or Fisher will be on the staff.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
The GSW way is to maximize the things you can maximize, including assistants. They told Steve Kerr to go out and hire the best assistants available and spare no expense putting that team together. I have to believe that Luke will have taken that lesson to heart and bring in top notch assistants rather than trying to fill those roles with people he has previous relationships with. So I strongly doubt Shaw or Fisher will be on the staff.

We shall see, Lakers are the type to keep hiring those close or had ties to the franchise.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:

And yet Shaw was the coaching goat's assistant for awhile, while Luke was on the team, not to mention he did pretty well for Indiana too. A bad run in Denver doesn't diminish him as a top quality assistant.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

And yet Shaw was the coaching goat's assistant for awhile, while Luke was on the team, not to mention he did pretty well for Indiana too. A bad run in Denver doesn't diminish him as a top quality assistant.

unfortunately i haven't seen anything to suggest that anyone on phil's assistant coaching staff outside of tex winter was worth anything so far. literally one of the least successful coaching trees of all time. it's kind of baffling to be honest
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

MDA makes a lot of sense.

Also from a loyalty stand point I think Fisher will be on the staff next year, as a commutator and leadership role.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Bring in Gary Payton!
Maybe he can get Clarkson to play some defense.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Bring in Gary Payton!
Maybe he can get Clarkson to play some defense.

Or at least practice it once in a while.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

I wouldn't mind Shaw, but don't want any part of Fisher. Luke and Shaw are nice guys, I think they also need someone on the staff to play the bad cop, to crack the whip. Kind of like Tex Winter, an old, long tome coach who really knows the Xs and Os.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

I wouldn't mind Shaw, but don't want any part of Fisher. Luke and Shaw are nice guys, I think they also need someone on the staff to play the bad cop, to crack the whip. Kind of like Tex Winter, an old, long tome coach who really knows the Xs and Os.

BLATT ATTACK!

!...
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

BLATT ATTACK!
I'm pulling for Rambis to get the Knicks job.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
I guarantee it's going to include Shaw and Fisher. Book it.
Kobe...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:

BLATT ATTACK!
I'm pulling for Rambis to get the Knicks job.

With a 5-year guaranteed contract.

I read a rumor the Knicks owners are not in favor of Rambis and I don't blame them. If not Rambis, who does Phil got left from his coaching tree? B-Shaw? Maybe he can make Sasha the new coach.
FromTheWestSideWithLove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

Bob Thate - shooting coach. He worked with Luke back in the day too. Lukes shot was broke when he got into the association. Eventually got it to a respectable threat.

- G.O.A.T.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

Fisher said he can bring KD and Westbrook to LA?

Add him to the caoching staff.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:

FromTheWestSideWithLove wrote:
Bob Thate - shooting coach. He worked with Luke back in the day too. Lukes shot was broke when he got into the association. Eventually got it to a respectable threat.

Murray regressed Randle's shot I can't get over it. So ya, Thate.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject:

Don't want Derek Fisher. Like many have already stated, we have enough drama as it already is, with the Buss family, D'Lo/Young incident. I don't want someone like Fisher around the young guys, I wonder if there will be trust issues on whichever team he works for next.

If Metta retires, I hope there is a spot for him on the staff somewhere.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:

Blatt, Blatt, mothereffing Blatt!
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

Chauncey!!!!!!!!

IMO, he'll prob take some arizona/memphis college coaches w him

Last edited by Sago on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject:

NO to Derek Fisher lol.

I wouldn't be mad at Metta World Peace being an assistant coach. I think he was beneficial to the team last season. I just don't buy into the notion that a good defensive player translates to making a good defensive-minded coach automatically.

No to Brian Shaw as he reminds me too much of Byron Scott. He had a lot of bad relationships with his players back in Denver.

I don't know if Mike D'Antoni would leave Philadelphia to come back to L.A. much less in an assistant coach capacity but I would most definitely welcome him back. If D'Antoni can make Ryan Kelly, Jodie Meeks, Jordan Farmar, Kendall freakin' Marshall look great.. IMAGINE what he and Luke could do for Clarkson, Russell, Nance, and Randle lol

Jeff Hornacek is interesting to me..

I wonder if theres a way to pry Steve Nash over here. He helped Golden State this season with reading defenses and moving the ball etc.. he'd be a steal.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Chauncey!!!!!!!!

I think our players have already learned how to take ill-advised shots at the end of games. No Cassell either, please.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
FromTheWestSideWithLove wrote:

Murray regressed Randle's shot I can't get over it. So ya, Thate.

I can't really say that. Because I think that is Randle rushing it.

Remember when he was calmly shooting and doing it and his shot looked tons better? Then he started rushing it again at the end of the season.

However you could see when he had to slow it down(his free throw shooting) his shot had the same changed dynamic and it was going in a lot more often.

First Month Free Throw Shooting: 60%
Second Month Free Throw SHooting: 68%
Third Month Free Throw Shooting: 66%
They reset his jumper
Fourth Month Free Throw Shooting: 80% F
Fifth Month Free Throw Shooting: 61%
Sixth Month Free Throw Shooting: 82%
Seventh Month Free Throw Shooting: 81%

So three of the last 4 months his free throw shooting was in the 80s. I'd say his jumper was tweaked and fixed, the problem is he went back to rushing his shots, which means to me it comes down to repetition. It would also behoove him to not always shoot his jumper off a step back, it seems to be reflex at this point. Even when given space he always takes the jumper with a step back 80% of the time.

So not rushing his shot, repetition and not using the step back to set up everything is what he needs to work on.

Last edited by MJST on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I hope we stay away from Fisher. B. Shaw is not that bad, he was well liked by players in IND. Denver had a lot of problematic players(Lawson, Mgee).

I wish we could get another guy from GSW that is familiar with their sets.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I'd be extremely pleased if they take a strong defensive assistant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 4 of 62
Jump to: