Which players will Luke ask the Lakers to sign or acquire?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
KobeMania wrote:
Just went and did some research on Lin and that type of season he had.

Wow! He really turned it on during the playoff stretch and was very consistant. Several 20pts + games

Doubt he would want to come back to LA...too much pressure. He seems like a chill guy and really settled in Charlotte

If Luke did the heavy recruiting/selling to Lin then I think it would be possible. Along with a $7-8M offer

I agree, if the Lakers were 1 of the few teams that calls Lin and his agent that will really give him some comfort.

I don't think Lin had any problems playing in LA or being in a pressure situation, for chrissakes the guy was playing in NY and was thriving in the pressure of Linsanity.

His problem was with Scott and how he was being used.

This.

He had a little chemistry going with E.Davis, but Byron almost didn't let they play together just like Dlo with Black or Nance.

If we can get J.Lin at a reasonable price, is there a disgruntled veteran star we can flip JC for?
since1991
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Barnes and Horford
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Harford is old and done.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Give me Barnes and Ezeli/Noah.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm not understanding why everyone thinks we're going to get Durant AND Westbrook. If Durant decides to leave the Thunder then I think its clear he no longer wants to play with Westbrook.

I'd prefer Westbrook out of the 2 of them personally. And I think he's the more likely to come to L.A.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
I'm not understanding why everyone thinks we're going to get Durant AND Westbrook. If Durant decides to leave the Thunder then I think its clear he no longer wants to play with Westbrook.

I'd prefer Westbrook out of the 2 of them personally. And I think he's the more likely to come to L.A.

I'd take Durant as I think he's going to have the longer career but realistically we're not getting either.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

I'd take Durant as I think he's going to have the longer career but realistically we're not getting either.

lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject:

Its Ezeli or Biyombo then Batum or Barnes.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The Grind wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

Why do you think "realistically" we wouldn't have a good chance at Westbrook? Just curious because he seems like a very likely candidate to come to the Lakers to a place where he knows he would be appreciated due to the legend who just left endorsing him and him sharing his tenacity for the game. Just seems like a good fit.
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:

Barnes would be a home run. Age fits the young core and he comes with experience, both via UNC and GS. Can shoot, defend and fit Luke's schemes instantly. Kerr is never going to let that happen though. He's part of the key for them where having Iggy, Klay, Green and Barnes means they can beat anyone with a versatile, wing heavy lineup. Unless they think McAdoo is ready to fill that slot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see LA go after McAdoo actually. He's an Arenas FA but even MLE money could pry him away. Luke used him a lot early in the season.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Harford is old and done.

This is absolutely incorrect. Horford is 29 and he's far from done. Clearly you don't watch basketball.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
RichD wrote:
Harford is old and done.

This is absolutely incorrect. Horford is 29 and he's far from done. Clearly you don't watch basketball.

Al Horford is still a solid player. That said, he'll be 30 in a few weeks, and his window doesn't seem to align with the window of our guys who are 20,21, and 23(and just scratching the surface of their nba careers and talent). I don't see any reason for him to come to the Lakers, as he will still be able to get his money on a team that is ready to win now. We just aren't at that phase yet, we're in the beginning stages of a rebuild.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
RichD wrote:
Harford is old and done.

Al Horford is still a solid player. That said, he'll be 30 in a few weeks, and his window doesn't seem to align with the window of our guys who are 20,21, and 23(and just scratching the surface of their nba careers and talent). I don't see any reason for him to come to the Lakers, as he will still be able to get his money on a team that is ready to win now. We just aren't at that phase yet, we're in the beginning stages of a rebuild.

Horford won't be the only big move, I'm sure the Lakers can convince him that the roster will be a contender once other moves are made.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
RichD wrote:
Harford is old and done.

he's far from solid, he's great. he anchored a great hawks defense. people just think being tall and blocking shots means being a good defender. its not. i come from the argument better players will help development. who cares about "windows" the lakers have to just get to respectable basketball. worry about contending later.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
RichD wrote:
Harford is old and done.

he's far from solid, he's great. he anchored a great hawks defense. people just think being tall and blocking shots means being a good defender. its not. i come from the argument better players will help development. who cares about "windows" the lakers have to just get to respectable basketball. worry about contending later.

Horford wasn't even the best frontcourt defender on the team. I don't think he really "anchored" the defense in the sense people say it.

He is a good all around player though, and turning him down if he were interested in LA (which he won't be) would be stupid.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17
Jump to: