Which players will Luke ask the Lakers to sign or acquire?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

lakeshowtacular wrote:
I cant help but wonder if this years #1 and anyone else we have not named D'Lo or Randle, could net us Anthony Davis instead of butler. I have a bad feeling about Whiteside and Butler, and as much as I like DeRoz, it seems like we could strengthen the roster better with that $$.

We moved up to the 2nd pick last year, now have the odds in our favor this year, we've fired Byron, we hired Luke...the pipe dream is coming true, roll with me!!!

D'Lo
Clarkson
Durant
Randle
Davis

Please please please let me get what I want...

His injures don't scare you? I'll pass
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject:

The key to Golden State's success other than their talent is the great depth they have.

So with that said, the Lakers will target the obvious in Durant, DeRozan, Batum, and Whiteside ....

The next group should be

- Assuming no Durant, then Harrison Barnes warrants consideration base on what Luke thinks.

Others to bring Golden State's scheme which I assume Luke will implement should be

- Mareese Speights for $5M
- Brandon Rush for $2-3M
- Leandro Barbosa for $2-3M

Big time shooters for the right price
- Mirza Teletovic
- Courtney Lee

Versatile front court players that could defend multiple spots
- Bismack Biyombo
- Luol Deng
- Matt Barnes
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

lakeshowtacular wrote:
I cant help but wonder if this years #1 and anyone else we have not named D'Lo or Randle, could net us Anthony Davis instead of butler. I have a bad feeling about Whiteside and Butler, and as much as I like DeRoz, it seems like we could strengthen the roster better with that $$.

We moved up to the 2nd pick last year, now have the odds in our favor this year, we've fired Byron, we hired Luke...the pipe dream is coming true, roll with me!!!

D'Lo
Clarkson
Durant
Randle
Davis

Pelicans won't trade AD

And if they did they'd want 3 First Round Picks, DLo AND Randle

And they'd still prob say no
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject:

One of the things I am expecting is that Luke, Mitch and Ryan will work closely together to find players that may be overlooked but will work well in the system that he wants to run.

If they can get some of these types of players we will be competitive, which will attract bigger name free agents and allow us to pass on players that may be too costly in terms of picks and/or are injury prone or have character issues. We can be more selective and that will give us more leverage.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject:

I think Luke prefers Batum over Derozan. And Ingram over Simmons.
Multiple, long defenders who can guard multiple positions (like GS has).

Thing is, Batum & Ingram might be overkill. Might need at least 1 elite player at dribble penetration (like Derozan and Simmons are).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Thing is, Batum & Ingram might be overkill. Might need at least 1 elite player at dribble penetration (like Derozan and Simmons are).

Randle , just gotta teach him to kick
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
One of the things I am expecting is that Luke, Mitch and Ryan will work closely together to find players that may be overlooked but will work well in the system that he wants to run.

If they can get some of these types of players we will be competitive, which will attract bigger name free agents and allow us to pass on players that may be too costly in terms of picks and/or are injury prone or have character issues. We can be more selective and that will give us more leverage.

Great perspective!!

Remember when the Laker Brand itself was leverage. Whether it's the CBA, cap-hell, loss of Dr. Buss, the veto-ed CP3 trade, Kobe demanding a trade, Shaq doing the same...it feels like forever since we have had leverage in any bball situation. With that in mind, I hope we offer D12 the vet min, and he says no!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Randle , just gotta teach him to kick

Ya. We'll see how Randle and Clarkson progress in terms of quick reads in the half court off the dribble. I still think they are a ways away from being consistent in that department. But I'm hoping for the best!

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Russell's not good enough at it? Clarkon is probably better at it than Klay already.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Whiteside is definitly not a guy that can play in a sytem similar to what gsw does. At least not more than 25 minutes. He would play the Ezeli role. I want us to get Horford and Byombo upfront. A rotation of randle/ nance and horford/ Byombo would be awesome
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I do like a player like Batum/Parsons over Derozan, just that both are really injury prone.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
Whiteside is definitly not a guy that can play in a sytem similar to what gsw does. At least not more than 25 minutes. He would play the Ezeli role. I want us to get Horford and Byombo upfront. A rotation of randle/ nance and horford/ Byombo would be awesome

Horford is heading for the wrong side of 30, injury is a
skip - hop away.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject:

lewis wrote:

Out of that group you only have Horford who is a real consistent shooter.
#Avatar-gate
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
Not sure who Luke will try to acquire, but there some current players that he will dump.

Nick Young - there's no room for clowns on a team that Luke coaches. Luke is going to bring in pros that respect the game.

Lou Williams - his form of me first iso ball will not work either here

I suspect that Luke will talk to young to see if he's gonna be apart of the team going forward. Young can still be that 16ppg 6th man. We just need to make sure he's good with playing with Dangelo. I don't see much of a need to keep Lou unless he becomes a good 3 pt shooter
Young and Lou got to go. But how do we go a out getting rid of them?
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
lewis wrote:

Nance will be the second. You can live with only one player that cannot shoot as long as he sets good screens or/and can move the ball.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
lewis wrote:

skip - hop away.

He actually is at his peak this season. He would still be very good for at least 2 years. Whiteside is a bigger risk, and Horford would make others better ( Nance/Randle). Playing Whiteside with Randle will be ugly and almost impossible.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
lewis wrote:

Nance will be the second. You can live with only one player that cannot shoot as long as he sets good screens or/and can move the ball.

Uhhhh.... I count 3 ... Randle, Nance, and Biyombo
#Avatar-gate
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
lewis wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
lewis wrote:

Uhhhh.... I count 3 ... Randle, Nance, and Biyombo

Nance will shoot better. I don't expect us to play Randle and Byiombo too much, hence only one non shooter at a time will be on the floor.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
lakeshowtacular wrote:

D'Lo
Clarkson
Durant
Randle
Davis

My god this board is delusional. You would pass on #2 + not {DLO/JC/Randle} for Anthony (bleep) Davis?

Incidentally that's what New Orleans does after you give them that offer.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
deal wrote:
lewis wrote:

skip - hop away.

He actually is at his peak this season. He would still be very good for at least 2 years. Whiteside is a bigger risk, and Horford would make others better ( Nance/Randle). Playing Whiteside with Randle will be ugly and almost impossible.

You can't sign Horford for 2 years though. I'm not saying don't but
Paying guys for what did could backfire.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
lewis wrote:
deal wrote:
lewis wrote:

skip - hop away.

Since we lack talent, we have to overpay. I prefer to do that with Horford and pay him 25 when he is 33 and 34 instead of 12 -15 instead of giving 20 to Whiteside, so he can pull a Larry Sanders.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Car54 wrote:
lakeshowtacular wrote:

D'Lo
Clarkson
Durant
Randle
Davis

My god this board is delusional. You would pass on #2 + not {DLO/JC/Randle} for Anthony (bleep) Davis?

Incidentally that's what New Orleans does after you give them that offer.

Yep it seems some are happy with 17 win seasons. But we should pass on Durant too, his foot might act up in the future. And pass on Batum because he had an ankle injury in the playoffs. And don't get me started on that stiff that is Steph Curry.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
deal wrote:
lewis wrote:
deal wrote:
lewis wrote:

skip - hop away.

Since we lack talent, we have to overpay. I prefer to do that with Horford and pay him 25 when he is 33 and 34 instead of 12 -15 instead of giving 20 to Whiteside, so he can pull a Larry Sanders.

Sorry, maybe I missed why Whiteside would pull a Sanders? Where does that come from?

Just curious, as I may have missed it, wth the excitement over the Luke hiring.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Ezeli, Barnes and Speights are all restricted free agents i think. so, he'll ask for those
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Ezeli, Barnes and Speights are all restricted free agents i think. so, he'll ask for those

Sounds like we want to hire the GSW's. Hopefully Luke can
think through how to beat the Warriors, not become their
B-Team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17
Jump to: