Which players will Luke ask the Lakers to sign or acquire?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Out of all the Warrior players, Speights is the one I would hope this team avoids.

Why?

I might be wrong in this assessment as I admit I haven't been keeping up with the NBA as much lately outside of the Lakers, but I remember when he was drafted the biggest knock against him was his defense and that he was lazy. I remember him being a chucker with the Sixers, and we already have enough of those on the roster. Looking at him statistically he doesn't seem to be the most efficient player either (43% FG) and he has never been known for his defense. Again, I am just going by what I've known him to be previously, so I may be unfairly biased, but I've just never been a fan of his. Are my preconceived notions about his game wrong?

Speights is arguably a vast Improvement over any big man we have had in recent years.

Why wouldn't you want a guy with championship experience giving the other players some of that mojo? Speights is one way or another the vets Luke and Mitch were talking about when bringing in players who know what it takes to win.

Good point, I should reassess my thoughts about him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Klay Thompson
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Out of all the Warrior players, Speights is the one I would hope this team avoids.

Why?

I might be wrong in this assessment as I admit I haven't been keeping up with the NBA as much lately outside of the Lakers, but I remember when he was drafted the biggest knock against him was his defense and that he was lazy. I remember him being a chucker with the Sixers, and we already have enough of those on the roster. Looking at him statistically he doesn't seem to be the most efficient player either (43% FG) and he has never been known for his defense. Again, I am just going by what I've known him to be previously, so I may be unfairly biased, but I've just never been a fan of his. Are my preconceived notions about his game wrong?

Speights is arguably a vast Improvement over any big man we have had in recent years.

Why wouldn't you want a guy with championship experience giving the other players some of that mojo? Speights is one way or another the vets Luke and Mitch were talking about when bringing in players who know what it takes to win.

Good point, I should reassess my thoughts about him.

you should he's better then placeholders like Davis/Hill/Bass/Hibbert/Sacre

His winning experience will translate to the roster, that's why Im expecting Luke and Mitch to go after some of there role players.
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

We definitely need at least 1 player from the Warriors to assist Luke in teaching the young bucks the offense.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Sleights is gong to be 29 in August...no crazy 5 year $50 million deals. Pursue Whiteside or Horford with big money deals first.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Barnes. They can't match a big offer as they have Curry, Thompson, and Green getting big bucks already.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I would see if we can get James Michael MacAdoo. Restricted I think, but I liked his game in limited playing time
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Barnes. They can't match a big offer as they have Curry, Thompson, and Green getting big bucks already.

Might have to over pay him around 22-25 a year but remember dude is only 23 years old has improved offensive game not just a 3 point shooter anymore and has always been a great defender. Plus his ties with Luke and his scheme he will want to run
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Speights would be a great great fit offensively imo. And the amount of shots he could have, could entice him. We have 2 guards who are P/R centric. He's def competent enough with the ball in his hands to play the Bogut role at the top of the key passing (hopefully he can stick to the offense when asked, and not chuck. He'll get his fair amount of shots anyway) . And not necessarily any semblance of a selling point, but Randle drive/kick to Speights could get him a few open looks a game at least - Randle just needs to be coached-up.
And he'd get way more minutes, and money.
25mpg at least, and 10-12 mil per I'd guess to be our starter. He's a great fit offensively, we'd just have to pray he's in shape to compete on D.
He could make our offense a lot better imo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

^ I also really like the idea of Namce next to Speights for added D, and potentially a crap load of spacing
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

King Randle wrote:
Sleights is gong to be 29 in August...no crazy 5 year $50 million deals. Pursue Whiteside or Horford with big money deals first.

Speights is more of a 2-3 yr for $5-7M per.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lakerfanaticPT wrote:

That's what I was wondering. Green and Clay at 15 and 16 mil next year. Do they have the capspace to pay Barnes 20+mil?
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:

Might have to over pay him around 22-25 a year but remember dude is only 23 years old has improved offensive game not just a 3 point shooter anymore and has always been a great defender. Plus his ties with Luke and his scheme he will want to run

You can't overpay Barnes. The max for his tier is $20/21M
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:

That's what I was wondering. Green and Clay at 15 and 16 mil next year. Do they have the capspace to pay Barnes 20+mil?

If someone pays Barnes the max, I do not think the Warriors can match. Many forget that Curry is on a friendly contract right now, he will get maxed once his contract is over.

Is Barnes a PF or a SF?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Speights is more of a 2-3 yr for $5-7M per.

If that's going to be his GSW offer, we have to up it to entice him. 10mil for a starter ain't bad, w the new cap.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:

My bad thanks for the correction. Well let's say 21 I don't think they match that
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:

My bad thanks for the correction. Well let's say 21 I don't think they match that

More info on max salary for a bunch of free agents like Barnes: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/projecting-2015-2016-max-salary-tiers/
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:

If someone pays Barnes the max, I do not think the Warriors can match. Many forget that Curry is on a friendly contract right now, he will get maxed once his contract is over.

Is Barnes a PF or a SF?

Yup, one more year for Curry at 12 mil before he breaks the bank in the Summer of 2017: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/stephen-curry/
dablackmamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:

Is Barnes a PF or a SF?

SF.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious how high the Warriors will go to keep Barnes. 17-18 mil?
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

is it possible for us to sign and trade clarkson? or does he have to agree to go somewhere for us to do that?

for example, can we sign/trade clarkson + top 3 pick for butler and gasol (he would also need to sign and trade)

so if we get kd and whiteside..:

starters:
russell
butler
kd
randle
whiteside

bench:
gasol
lau
swaggy
tarik black
nance
anthony brown
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

I think their offer to him was 18 mill
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Speights would be a great great fit offensively imo. And the amount of shots he could have, could entice him. We have 2 guards who are P/R centric. He's def competent enough with the ball in his hands to play the Bogut role at the top of the key passing (hopefully he can stick to the offense when asked, and not chuck. He'll get his fair amount of shots anyway) . And not necessarily any semblance of a selling point, but Randle drive/kick to Speights could get him a few open looks a game at least - Randle just needs to be coached-up.
And he'd get way more minutes, and money.
25mpg at least, and 10-12 mil per I'd guess to be our starter. He's a great fit offensively, we'd just have to pray he's in shape to compete on D.
He could make our offense a lot better imo.

He's my back up plan for Horford. I'm also thinking Deng can be our Harrison Barnes. Long 3 and D guy who can switch onto PFs both should be cheaper but effective options
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

I think their offer to him was 18 mill

It was at 16M. 4y64M. & that's before the somewhat down year, espically in the playoffs
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

My Back up plan players

Speights
Deng
Rush

They fit right in with Randle and Russell

Speights 38.7 3pt% = Bogut with stretch ability

Deng 6'9 defense and capable 3 pt shooter = Barnes

Rush 6'6 defensive minded knock down 3 41% 3pt = Klay
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17
Jump to: