An Embarrassment to Officiating..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Thanks rpadma12..

I'm happy it's at least been given some publicity.

Amen to that!
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Teabagging??????? What?????? I thought I had heard it all.
That's actually hilarious.....
To the officials. Can't stand these guys, especially the red asses like Joey Crawford and Steve Jave. They get an attitude and then officiate the game with it.
My feeling is David(too busy to hand out the laker championship rings because I'm busy kissing MJ's arse on his triumphant return to the Wizards??) Stern needs to appoint a non-biased basketball person to oversee these pieces of crap. Not just another cronie. They have made the NBA unwatchable with their arrogance and absolute defiance of the ACTUAL rules of the game. I have watched alot of ball over the years and it's horrific to see what these guys get away with today. The game has changed a whole lot but the refs NEVER EVER got in the way of the game. They let them play. That's how it should be, 5 on5, playing the game and deciding the game.
Somethings got to give.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

It seems the bad calls they make are made with impunity...there is no discernable disciplinary action taken (suspensions, fines, probations, etc.) unlike with the players. If refs are disciplined for calls they make, why isn't it made public? It's like a secret society that isn't allowed to be criticized. It's really stupid. I don't know what the answer is, but the issue needs to be addressed. It takes all the fun out of watching the game. BTW, what was going on between kobe and that Riles lookalike ref. They jawed at each other for quite a while, I assume Kobe was telling him basically that he sucks as a referee, but I had never seen an argument go on that long between a ref and a player...I was surprised Kobe didn't get ejected...it was right after kobe got the tech after getting fouled...I was watching the dallas feed on nbatv and didn't really get what happened in that exchange...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: