Keep Lou or Trade him?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Keep or Trade Lou?
Keep
32%
 32%  [ 25 ]
Trade
67%
 67%  [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 78

Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Keep Lou or Trade him?

The Lakers roster has only got six players with contracts for next season at the moment but the draft and free agency is still yet to happen. Four of the six players are Russell, Nance Jr, Randle and Brown. Nick Young is another who the Lakers are expected to try and trade but if they can't they could waive and stretch his contract. But it still leaves one player on the roster which is Lou, he's got two years left on his contract at 7 Million per year which I believe isn't a bad contract when you consider the cap is going up so players will be getting over-paid this free agency. The roster can't just be filled with young players it will need a couple of vets on it, so could the Lakers keep Lou or would it make sense to trade him?

You know what Lou is going to offer you points off the bench and doesn't offer much defense which is one of main weaknesses, some playoff teams could have done with a player like Lou coming off the bench.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject:

If we get DeRozan, I say trade. JC would be the new 6th man & I would want a 3/D SF beside DeRozan/Russell in the back court.

There should be a market for a 6MOY candidate locked in a cheap contract. Maybe a heavy protected future 1st round pick
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

Keep. 6th man of the year winners always help.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

Luke wants shooters and guys who can play in motion, that sounds like Lou can take advantage of playing in his system.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Luke wants shooters and guys who can play in motion, that sounds like Lou can take advantage of playing in his system.

deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Luke wants shooter and guys who can play in motion, that sounds like Lou can take advantage of playing in his system.

Yep, quick Offense. I think the lakers will have to acquire some pieces and shead some to get some, so we'll see how that looks...
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I think he deserves a chance to play in Luke's offense that hopefully won't be 89% comprised of iso
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

But Lou doesn't like to shoot, he just wants to draw the foul. I'm undecided, I'll wait to see who we get in free agency first.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

But Lou doesn't like to shoot, he just wants to draw the foul. I'm undecided, I'll wait to see who we get in free agency first.

We'll see.

Good thing is that Luke will use Lou to his limitations and won't over use him in extended minutes, it's always nice to have depth on the bench.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I've always seen Lou as a dribble heavy iso chucker. So no, I don't think his game fits at all with what Luke would want to run.

I hope Lou/Swaggy are both gone.

Roll with Nance/DLo/Clarkson/Randle and 8 new players
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

He has the passing and shooting to do well in the new system. I think you make him available, but get choosy about what you'll accept.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
He has the passing and shooting to do well in the new system. I think you make him available, but get choosy about what you'll accept.

Sounds good to me Jennifer Anniston!
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
If we get DeRozan, I say trade. JC would be the new 6th man & I would want a 3/D SF beside DeRozan/Russell in the back court.

There should be a market for a 6MOY candidate locked in a cheap contract. Maybe a heavy protected future 1st round pick

Not sure why a person would still want DeRozan after yet another disastrous postseason performance. 3 straight post seasons can't be a coincidence
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Not sure why a person would still want DeRozan after yet another disastrous postseason performance. 3 straight post seasons can't be a coincidence

What part of 24-4-3.5 on 55% TS% is disastrous, exactly?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject:

The truth about our lineup is we don't have many guys who can score right now. We need guys coming off the bench who can put points up and Lou's one of the best in the NBA at that. He has long range capability and know how to get to the line.

People thinking Lou is going to replace D'Angelo in the starting line because that's what Byron did shouldn't be worried about that. Luke knows one of the main reasons he was brought here is to develop the young guys.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Trade but only if we get equal return back.

I would trade Lou for Trevor Ariza.

Not sure what other kind of player we could get for Lou.

I don't mind Lou off the bench though.

He might help bring DRoz too.
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

I said postseason, his TS% this postseason has been a red hot sizzling 39.8%
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Lou for:

- Trevor Ariza
- Tyson Chandler
- Thabo Sefolosha
- Iman Sumpert
- Corey Brewer
- KJ Mcdaniels
- Shabazz Mohammed
- Kosta Koufos
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
tox wrote:
Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Let's not exactly act like the only player that struggles in the playoffs is DeRoz.

I'm sure if we go through lists every year we will see some players struggling in the post-seasons, no one realizes how tough it is when teams can adjust to you game 2 game in a 7 game series, that is why players end up being good or great to being a HOF when they can play in the biggest stage.

Anyone who is shrugging off DeRoz this summer, might want to do a recheck.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Move that Lou. Move that Lou. (Move that Dope instrumental playing in the background)

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject:

There are two reasons I don't like Lou's game.

1)His constant baiting/flopping whatever you want to call it while shooting up terrible shots.

2)He is a liability on defense majority of the time.

His contract is decent but if we can somehow replace him with someone who is more of a two way player I would be ecstatic. Or we could replace him as "6th" man with Clarkson and try to improve that way. If we kept him I wouldn't be too upset but I think we can do better. We have way too many one dimensional guys. Lets finally start balancing out that roster.
TylersLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject:

If he is on the roster, I don't see how he's going to get any significant playing time.

If free agency goes the way we hope, Clarkson will be the 3rd guard playing 30 MPG with someone like Bazemore or something as the starter. And if that happens, having Lou as the 4th guard is little to no minutes at all.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Not that I'm excusing him but he's going up against one of the better defenders in the league in Paul George. He does need to do better than that in order to warrant the max contract though.
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Iconic wrote:
tox wrote:
Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Let's not exactly act like the only player that struggles in the playoffs is DeRoz.

I'm sure if we go through lists every year we will see some players struggling in the post-seasons, no one realizes how tough it is when teams can adjust to you game 2 game in a 7 game series, that is why players end up being good or great to being a HOF when they can play in the biggest stage.

The thing is DeRozan has played poorly the past 2 postseasons as well, this is just his worst postseason by far. But maybe Toronto is just cursed because Lowry has been pretty bad the past 3 postseasons too
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Iconic wrote:
tox wrote:
Iconic wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

The thing is DeRozan has played poorly the past 2 postseasons as well, this is just his worst postseason by far. But maybe Toronto is just cursed because Lowry has been pretty bad the past 3 postseasons too

When that happens coaching is usually the culprit
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: