Who Do You Hope the Lakers Draft - Simmons or Ingram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Hope the Lakers Draft?
Ben Simmons
45%
 45%  [ 205 ]
Brandon Ingram
54%
 54%  [ 243 ]
Total Votes : 448

KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject:

This thread came back from the dead.

It was under the premise that the Lakers got the #1 pick overall.

If it's #2 pick overall then I would agree it doesn't matter ... as fans we'd be happy with either Simmons or Ingram.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject:

I kinda feel it's a bad omen to talk about the pick we don't yet have so close to the lotto, but I think given the keeping of the pick, #1 is Simmons and #2 is Ingram. As others said already, it may mean eventually that Randle moves but I'd love to try it out and see what happens. In an ideal world. both Julius and Simmons would turn into good shooters with 3 point range and we'd have the makings of a monster lineup to match up with.

I also think Simmons or Randle could play a lot of small ball 5 and just destroy other bench units.

Anyway, we don't have a pick so back to hiding until the lottery.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

I've never understood the premise of trading Randle if we get Simmons. You can always play either Randle/Simmons at small ball center, and play the other at the 4. The hope is that one of Nance/Randle/Simmons develops a jumper to keep the defense honest. That gives you the flexibility to penetrate with the dribble against slower bigs, stretch the D, and keep up against smaller lineups. That being said, this point is completely moot if we don't keep the pick.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject:

Simmons reminds me as a young Lamar Odom. i still have that SLAM magazine when LO was one of the top recruits came out of high school. people were raving at his dynamic skill set, ability to play multiple positions. Does Simmons do any one particular area well? we don't want a jack of all trades master of none type of player.

as for Ingram, i haven't watched any games he played, is he like justise winslow? all defense and no offense?
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Simmons reminds me as a young Lamar Odom. i still have that SLAM magazine when LO was one of the top recruits came out of high school. people were raving at his dynamic skill set, ability to play multiple positions. Does Simmons do any one particular area well? we don't want a jack of all trades master of none type of player.

as for Ingram, i haven't watched any games he played, is he like justise winslow? all defense and no offense?

Not like Winslow at all. Ingram has a nice stroke with length which lets him have the potential to be an elite defender, as well as a rip through move, which allows him to explode by his man and get to the rack. He doesn't project to be the elite defender that Winslow is right away, but his floor is probably just as high as Winslow's ceiling offensively.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

Need perimeter shooters so Ingram.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject:

Either way, this would be a nice problem to have...
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

I really hope Luke isn't as singular minded as many Lakers fans expect him to be. I hope he can adapt to the talent the Lakers have, so that the Lakers don't start restricting the kind of talent they go after (thus lowering their chances of getting the best player on the board,) like they did under the triangle. The Lakers missed a lot of talent with their draft picks when they were clearly drafting for the triangle rather than trying to get the BPA.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers get the 1st pick, I feel they are gonna pick Ingram. He fits perfect with what the team needs and his defense will be huge at the 3 position.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

Apparently CBSSports not only gave us the #1 pick, but already selected for us...

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25582950/nba-mock-draft-2016-lakers-pass-on-ben-simmons-to-take-brandon-ingram-at-no-1
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Either way, this would be a nice problem to have...

Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

Either would be a blessing, but I'd love to see Randle and Simmons together in the same line-up.

Holy crap that's a devastating combination if they both get where they could.

DLO-Clarkson-Nance-Randle-Simmons

If Luke is as clever as we all hope, and our boys work on those shots, that could be a very fun lineup.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Either would be a blessing, but I'd love to see Randle and Simmons together in the same line-up.

If Luke is as clever as we all hope, and our boys work on those shots, that could be a very fun lineup.

The scary thing is if free agency followed a certain strategy that could be the bench.

Arguably could sign a entire starting roster if the Lakers wanted to do so.

Just for fun imagine Livingston, DeRozan, Deng, Bass and Ezeli.

Not advocating the plan or specific players just pointing out the possibilities this summer holds.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Roon wrote:

The scary thing is if free agency followed a certain strategy that could be the bench.

Not advocating the plan or specific players just pointing out the possibilities this summer holds.

Well that would be fun. Could filter out the Young with the vets per performance. I'm excited to have a coach that I can hope will actually create clever and positive lineups.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
Roon wrote:

Well that would be fun. Could filter out the Young with the vets per performance. I'm excited to have a coach that I can hope will actually create clever and positive lineups.

I would love to see that line up too. There are obvious questions though, like where is the front court shooting and the rim protection coming from. I would hope Nance can develop into a 3&D guy, but I'm not sure about his lateral quickness. He will develop a strong 3 point shot I believe.

Another thing is, with all our cap space and our requisite to spend a certain amount, I'm sure free agents coming here would want either a guaranteed starting spot or playing time. So I don't see that as our starting lineup.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

If we're lucky enough to choose I guess Ingram. I still can't believe LSU didn't even make the tournament with Simmons. Something isn't right
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

JamezAmp wrote:
If we're lucky enough to choose I guess Ingram. I still can't believe LSU didn't even make the tournament with Simmons. Something isn't right
I think he's a nice prospect but not generational. He'd be a sick addition to our team though.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

assuming we get it and don't trade it, Ingram
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Apparently CBSSports not only gave us the #1 pick, but already selected for us...

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25582950/nba-mock-draft-2016-lakers-pass-on-ben-simmons-to-take-brandon-ingram-at-no-1

Well that eliminates the suspense.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
If the Lakers get the 1st pick, I feel they are gonna pick Ingram. He fits perfect with what the team needs and his defense will be huge at the 3 position.

Yeah, that is why It's not a need to put effort in getting Durant.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Roon wrote:
Roon wrote:

I would love to see that line up too. There are obvious questions though, like where is the front court shooting and the rim protection coming from. I would hope Nance can develop into a 3&D guy, but I'm not sure about his lateral quickness. He will develop a strong 3 point shot I believe.

Another thing is, with all our cap space and our requisite to spend a certain amount, I'm sure free agents coming here would want either a guaranteed starting spot or playing time. So I don't see that as our starting lineup.

Is the starting Line-up you're referring to the

DLO-Clarkson-Nance-Randle-Simmons one?

I wasn't really projecting that to be our starting line up next season, but maybe in a year or two, which would give the front-court time to work on their jumpers. In my head I see the quickness of Nance, Randle and Simmons could be effective in help defense. I could also argue what it could be worth giving up some rim protection to be able to switch, and defend the perimeter with everyone on the floor.

If we were to get the above FAs it'd probably look like either

DLO/Clarkson
DD/Lou
Deng/Simmons
Randle/Bass
Ezeli/Black/Nance

I don't know actually because you could also do

DLO
Clarkson
DD/Deng
Randle
Ezeli

Looking at it now, if we get Simmons we won't need Bass(or Nance) or if we get Ingram we won't need Deng.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Ingram because he's a much better shooter and has elite length to be great defensively. Both would be great to have but you have to fit your team around Simmons.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Ingram because he's a much better shooter and has elite length to be great defensively. Both would be great to have but you have to fit your team around Simmons.

Why do you have to fit your team around Simmons?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Luke would play Simmons at 5 most likely. He's 6'10 245 pounds at 19. He'd play Ingram at the 3.

Both can fit if you have a coach that knows how to utilize their strengths.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

man I just hope we keep the pick
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 2 of 65
Jump to: