Kobe is getting 3 point trippy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Kobe is getting 3 point trippy

Hes attempting way too many three pointers in games right now. Tonight he has 11. Last game he had 11. Whatever happen to him limiting his attempts like in the begininng of the season? I dont mind them when their needed like late in the shot clock. I just hate it when he takes them when were down by like 5 or 10. Just takes the momentum out of the Laker's game.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe is getting 3 point trippy

KobeButler wrote:
Hes attempting way too many three pointers in games right now. Tonight he has 11. Last game he had 11. Whatever happen to him limiting his attempts like in the begininng of the season? I dont mind them when their needed like late in the shot clock. I just hate it when he takes them when were down by like 5 or 10. Just takes the momentum out of the Laker's game.

What (bleep)! Yah, Kobe is 3 point happy!
Neverland Ranch Survivor
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

What do you expect when the idiot coaches dont create plays for him to get open?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject:

how does that explain shooting so many during transition?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

How many transition opportunities did the Lakers have?? Fact is, this team was down double digits most of the game.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Kobe was incredible in the beginning of the season when he didn't take a single 3.
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

No he isn't. He was trying to bring the team back. He wasn't shooting them when we were getting close he was driving in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
Kobe was incredible in the beginning of the season when he didn't take a single 3.

What (bleep)! OK, I've had it. How has Kobe been the last 4 games? Check the stats!! Kobe has played better ball in the last 4 losses than he has all year. Clearly, you don't know much about basketball.
Endure 12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
tgf5 wrote:

What (bleep)! OK, I've had it. How has Kobe been the last 4 games? Check the stats!! Kobe has played better ball in the last 4 losses than he has all year. Clearly, you don't know much about basketball.

Taking 22 3's in the last two games just ain't right.

He isn't a 3pt shooter. Granted these srubs get scared and pass to Kobe with 5 ticks on the clock...but...that don't happen 22 times in the last two games.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

VonWafer&KobeBryantFa wrote:
No he isn't. He was trying to bring the team back. He wasn't shooting them when we were getting close he was driving in.

thats what I dont like though. When your down, you chip away the lead with easy shots and proper execution. 3 point misses lead to long rebounds and easy transistion oppurtunities for the opponents. Plus the fact, when you miss it totally takes the momentum out of the team. I dont mind if he takes a lot of 3's when thats the only option...like being down 9 with 2 minutes left. But we had like 6 minutes left when he started to jack up 3's. Thats plenty of time left to come back.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't know....it just seems a little nitpicky to hone in on Kobe's 3pt attempts given all the issues with this team. Anything having to do with Kobe's shot attempts seems a little low on the food chain.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kobe has been playing well individually. But as a team, until he goes back to staying inside the arc and shooting only mid-range jumpers and drives, we aren't going to win. As long he keeps coming out to the 3 line to receive the ball, our offense isn't going to be ran well and guys like Smush aren't going to get the necessary space needed to take and make shots with confidence.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

thats what I dont like though. When your down, you chip away the lead with easy shots and proper execution. 3 point misses lead to long rebounds and easy transistion oppurtunities for the opponents. Plus the fact, when you miss it totally takes the momentum out of the team. I dont mind if he takes a lot of 3's when thats the only option...like being down 9 with 2 minutes left. But we had like 6 minutes left when he started to jack up 3's. Thats plenty of time left to come back.

Whats the point when if you make it chip shot or not there going to go down and score again (opponents)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Anytime this team takes 30+ 3 point shots, they deserve to lose.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

Whats the point when if you make it chip shot or not there going to go down and score again (opponents)

I have more confidence with Kobe taking a fade away mid range shot then him taking a low percentage 3 pointer.

Last edited by KobeButler on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Me too but its more than just his 3's tonight that lost us the game.
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

He tries to bring the team back and win games himself by getting hot from the 3 like he's done alot of times.. ;/
Layzie310
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

The people to worry about taking threes are Luke, Odom, George, Sasha, Smush, etc. Don't worry about Kobe. When this team was down 15+ in the 4th with Cook on the bench about the only hope they had was Kobe somehow getting hot taking 25 footers. If anything, blame Phil for leaving Cook on the bench.
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

Kobe had no choice but to shoot the three tonight. For one, He was getting the ball back with like 3 seconds left on the (bleep) clock, he had to shoot it, other wise it counts as a turnover. 2nd, it's not like he was able to get to the basket at will, Dallas built a wall around him, shutting off his lanes. And by the time he splits 2 defenders heading towards the basket, the third man slides in, Offensive Foul. a wasted possesion. The Moment Phil brought Kwame and Walton back in the game was the reason we lost.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kobe took 22 shots total. And 11 of those were 3 pointers total. Thats half of his shots.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

What would have been good thinking would have been kobe continue drawing the defense by going to the hole and, Brian Cook should have been getting himself into position and, I truly believe Kobe would have been looking for him. Cook would have put down 40 tonight, Kobe would have given himself the option of either camping out at the foul line or, Cook would have set himself a new personal record. The Mavs defensive plan would have been blown up and, the Lakers potential to win would have been better...

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

Kobe took 22 shots total. And 11 of those were 3 pointers total. Thats half of his shots.

And how many of those did he get with the shot clock down to three seconds? Like 5 or 6 times.
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

SQUAD UP wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

And how many of those did he get with the shot clock down to three seconds? Like 5 or 6 times.

Exactly. Walton wouldn't take a shot to save his friggin life when it was down to 5 so with 1.453536245246251235 seconds left on the shot clock he through it to kobe across the court and that took off .22245246536235645 seconds leaving kobe with .2425245245 seconds to shoot the ball.
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

And he really didn't have to tonight. When they tied the game it was for the play of him and Cook. Cook was hot. If anyone was to shoot the 3 tonight it should have been Cook. I don't understand how they couldn't recognize how hot he was.

I'm not saying Cook is all that. I'm just saying that when a player is hot, milk that thing. Then they would have to guard him which will tapper down the double and tripple teams and allow you to get easy baskets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

That also. I know its Kobe's team but if Cook is makin it from everywhere give him the damn ball. DUH
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: