Schadenfreude, Lakers style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject:

It's really unfair that CP3 to lakers was vetoed but garnett to boston was not
Agent P
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject:

Good sheet.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject:

I've always liked Dr. Laker...
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

Dr. Laker wrote:

1 - The Houston Effing Rockets.

Ah, the joys of watching Darryl "Prince of Nerds" Morey and his analytics machine crash & burn! The sweet savor of Dwight Howard's tears as the Rox exit in the 1st round for the 2nd time in 3 seasons! The delicious drollery of a locker room going nuclear whilst everyone involved pretends that all is well!

Morey has done a decent job. What did procuring Harden cost him? Next to nothing, other than two mediocre first round picks. In terms of value, contrast that with the first rounders we surrendered for Dwight and Nash. What did procuring Howard cost him? Nothing; the opportunity cost of the cap space wouldn't have improved the Rockets as much.

I get the hate as Howard signed with them, but Morey gave them a slim chance at being a contender for a few years, and that's better than what could have been expected given his roster prior to those moves.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

angrypuppy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Ah, the joys of watching Darryl "Prince of Nerds" Morey and his analytics machine crash & burn! The sweet savor of Dwight Howard's tears as the Rox exit in the 1st round for the 2nd time in 3 seasons! The delicious drollery of a locker room going nuclear whilst everyone involved pretends that all is well!

Morey has done a decent job. What did procuring Harden cost him? Next to nothing, other than two mediocre first round picks. In terms of value, contrast that with the first rounders we surrendered for Dwight and Nash. What did procuring Howard cost him? Nothing; the opportunity cost of the cap space wouldn't have improved the Rockets as much.

I get the hate as Howard signed with them, but Morey gave them a slim chance at being a contender for a few years, and that's better than what could have been expected given his roster prior to those moves.
Agreed but its still awesome they continuously suck.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

Dr. Laker wrote:
I've been fairly absent from this board the last 4 seasons - not from a lack of zeal, but increased job responsibilities and a commitment to making my wife less of a "computer widow" have probably limited me to under 100 total posts since 2013.

In any event, my love for the P&G has continued to burn even as their record has plummeted. While there hasn't been much to shout about for the Lakers, there has been plenty to smile about with respect to our foes. This will seem pathetic to some, but this is what has fueled my NBA-related joy of late:

2 - The Accursed Los Angeles Clippers

Tiny Archibald's achilles. Bill Walton's feet. Brian Taylor's achilles. Michael Brook's knee. Norm Nixon's knee. Marques Johnson's neck. Derek Smith's knee. Danny Manning's knee. Ron Harper's knee. Loy Vaught's back. Elton Brand's achilles. Shaun Livingston's knee. Blake Griffin's kneecap. Chauncy Billups' achilles. A bad enough legacy in and of itself. Now add - after Steph Curry goes down and the doorway opens for the Clips . . . BOOM! . . . CP3 and Griffin go down in the same game and the door slams shut! Die, Clippers. Again.

3 - The Queens and George Karl

Like an In-N-Out Double-Double with cheese, you get extra value at a small price! The Queens hold Boogie Cousins hostage rather than dealing him to the Lakers and pay the price. They still stink and their lockerroom goes Chernobyl. You should've moved to Vegas, rubes. Even better, the smug, arrogant Laker-baiting know it all named George Karl proves that his sell-by date passed about 10 years ago. Enjoy unemployment, George.

4 - LeBron's Bald Spot*

Tick . . . tick . . . tick . . . 31 years old and 2 NBA Titles. Kobe had FIVE at age 31. You've still got time, Bronnie, but if Steph's ankle's hold up, you aren't getting one this year, either. Tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

5 - Lurch

Heh heh heh. You clothes-lined Rambis. You let Googs walk for nothing rather than sign-and-trade him to LA for Eddie/Elden/#1. You gift-wrapped KG to Ainge instead of trading him for Bynum. You wooed D12 away from the P&G. But your post-playing career legacy? Awful GM and lousy coach. Kick rocks, loser!

My P&G will be back on top, soon, but until then, I have plenty to keep me going.

* - note: if LBJ signs with the Lakers, I will officially root for him to pass Kobe.

Covers it quite well.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject:

I particularly like the LBJ disclaimer.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

Vancouver Fan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

For me its not the moves . . . its the braggadocio unfulfilled.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Wish there was more green schadenfreude! All I've got is that their rebuild has been frustratingly slow as well.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

Dr. Laker wrote:
I've been fairly absent from this board the last 4 seasons - not from a lack of zeal, but increased job responsibilities and a commitment to making my wife less of a "computer widow" have probably limited me to under 100 total posts since 2013.

In any event, my love for the P&G has continued to burn even as their record has plummeted. While there hasn't been much to shout about for the Lakers, there has been plenty to smile about with respect to our foes. This will seem pathetic to some, but this is what has fueled my NBA-related joy of late:

Tiny Archibald's achilles. Bill Walton's feet. Brian Taylor's achilles. Michael Brook's knee. Norm Nixon's knee. Marques Johnson's neck. Derek Smith's knee. Danny Manning's knee. Ron Harper's knee. Loy Vaught's back. Elton Brand's achilles. Shaun Livingston's knee. Blake Griffin's kneecap. Chauncy Billups' achilles. A bad enough legacy in and of itself. Now add - after Steph Curry goes down and the doorway opens for the Clips . . . BOOM! . . . CP3 and Griffin go down in the same game and the door slams shut! Die, Clippers. Again.

Like an In-N-Out Double-Double with cheese, you get extra value at a small price! The Queens hold Boogie Cousins hostage rather than dealing him to the Lakers and pay the price. They still stink and their lockerroom goes Chernobyl. You should've moved to Vegas, rubes. Even better, the smug, arrogant Laker-baiting know it all named George Karl proves that his sell-by date passed about 10 years ago. Enjoy unemployment, George.

4 - LeBron's Bald Spot*

Tick . . . tick . . . tick . . . 31 years old and 2 NBA Titles. Kobe had FIVE at age 31. You've still got time, Bronnie, but if Steph's ankle's hold up, you aren't getting one this year, either. Tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

5 - Lurch

Heh heh heh. You clothes-lined Rambis. You let Googs walk for nothing rather than sign-and-trade him to LA for Eddie/Elden/#1. You gift-wrapped KG to Ainge instead of trading him for Bynum. You wooed D12 away from the P&G. But your post-playing career legacy? Awful GM and lousy coach. Kick rocks, loser!

My P&G will be back on top, soon, but until then, I have plenty to keep me going.

* - note: if LBJ signs with the Lakers, I will officially root for him to pass Kobe.

Lol Savage

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

japanesebeef1 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

For me its not the moves . . . its the braggadocio unfulfilled.

Bingo. It was the smugness - "Look at us, Lakers, this is how a real team does it! We're smarter than you!" - that ticked me off. Well, they lasted 14 days longer than the Lakers and haven't won a title in over 20 years. Way to go, geniuses!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
Wish there was more green schadenfreude! All I've got is that their rebuild has been frustratingly slow as well.

We want them to be stuck in that 40-50 win morass forever.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

Dr. Laker wrote:

4 - LeBron's Bald Spot*

5 - Lurch

6 - Sp*rs

Franchise Record 67 wins . . . NBA Record 40-1 Home Record . . . Tim "Mr. Spock" Duncan on the verge of getting his 6th NBA Title . . . Pop on the verge of surpassing PJax' 5 LA Titles . . . and they get SPANKED - knocked out in the 2nd round. NO 6th ring, Timmay! NO 6th ring, Pop! No 3-peat! Not even a back2back! 21st Century record: Lakers 5 rings, Sp*rs 4 rings. Eat it, hayseeds!
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

Dr. Laker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

4 - LeBron's Bald Spot*

5 - Lurch

6 - Sp*rs

Franchise Record 67 wins . . . NBA Record 40-1 Home Record . . . Tim "Mr. Spock" Duncan on the verge of getting his 6th NBA Title . . . Pop on the verge of surpassing PJax' 5 LA Titles . . . and they get SPANKED - knocked out in the 2nd round. NO 6th ring, Timmay! NO 6th ring, Pop! No 3-peat! Not even a back2back! 21st Century record: Lakers 5 rings, Sp*rs 4 rings. Eat it, hayseeds!

Dr. Laker LAYING MFS TO REST

your_soul_is_mine.wav
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject:

kermitsippintea.jpg

!...
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Lebronze best shot he might have for the rest of his career... Especially if GSW add a major name next off-season. Yet again he benefits from a watered down east. I hope whoever comes out of the west is healthy enough and able to beat them. I don't love the OKC matchup vs them though. I think the Cavs win that going away.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
kermitsippintea.jpg

this tbh desu sempai
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
japanesebeef1 wrote:

We want them to be stuck in that 40-50 win morass forever.

True that!
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

Dr. Laker wrote:

LOL!
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I demand QFTOS! NOW!!
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Schadenfreude, Lakers style

Dr. Laker wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

4 - LeBron's Bald Spot*

5 - Lurch

6 - Sp*rs

Dr Laker going Dr Kevorkian on these other teams. I love it!
iceberg01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker:

Good to see some of the "old heads" back in here. Good to see you on here again, and great post.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lebronze best shot he might have for the rest of his career... Especially if GSW add a major name next off-season. Yet again he benefits from a watered down east. I hope whoever comes out of the west is healthy enough and able to beat them. I don't love the OKC matchup vs them though. I think the Cavs win that going away.

Not to worry. GSW is solidly favored against OKC, and I'm confident GSW would beat Lebron in the finals, especially since they'd have home court advantage.

Outside of the Lakers winning the world championship, there is nothing else in sports more satisfying than Lebron losing in the championship series and looking crestfallen.
iceberg01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Not to worry. GSW is solidly favored against OKC, and I'm confident GSW would beat Lebron in the finals, especially since they'd have home court advantage.

Outside of the Lakers winning the world championship, there is nothing else in sports more satisfying than Lebron losing in the championship series and looking crestfallen.

I wouldn't speak so quickly. GS had problems with a vastly-inferior Portland, and look to have their hands full with an improved OKC team with a full head of steam & momentum. And, remember--Cleveland, WITHOUT Kyrie & Love, STILL took GS to 6 games last year. And GS looks tired, still a little beat up. Anything can happen....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: