Official everyone except Kobe and Lamar are jealous of Bynum thread...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Official everyone except Kobe and Lamar are jealous of Bynum thread...

NO one will pass him the ball. NO one... he played over 8 minutes tonite and didnt get a shot.. not one shot...

btw, wafer sucks

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm jealous of not having a team who cares god i miss Rick Fox Robert Horry and Glen Rice.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
I'm jealous of not having a team who cares god i miss Rick Fox Robert Horry and Glen Rice.

You had something going there until you mentioned Glen "I need a Screen to hit a shot so i can knock back an in-n-out burger" Rice.

That being said, I agree. More than not caring, it's as if some of our guys aren't playing full of energy, like a hungry young team should be playing.
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official everyone except Kobe and Lamar are jealous of Bynum thread...

Coca James wrote:
wafer sucks

Explain? The guy hasn't been given the chance to play and he went in when they were down 12 with a minute left why not just have some fun? You can't assume that yet he was thrown into the dog cage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

You had something going there until you mentioned Glen "I need a Screen to hit a shot so i can knock back an in-n-out burger" Rice.

That being said, I agree. More than not caring, it's as if some of our guys aren't playing full of energy, like a hungry young team should be playing.

Nobody averaged more points playing with Shaq and Kobe during their championship runs than Rice.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

Nobody averaged more points playing with Shaq and Kobe during their championship runs than Rice.

Wow, a third option. I keep forgetting what its like to have one.
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I miss Shaw, Grant, Harper, Fox, Horry, Fisher..
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official everyone except Kobe and Lamar are jealous of Bynum thread...

Coca James wrote:
NO one will pass him the ball. NO one... he played over 8 minutes tonite and didnt get a shot.. not one shot...

btw, wafer sucks

Maybe.... Just maybe... His coach and his teammates have a better evaluation of him than you do. If his team doesn't give him the ball and his coach isn't telling them to, perhaps they just don't think he will do something good with it.

He is very young, give him some time.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vlade wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

The Lakers do have a 3rd option, LO,... it's the second scoring option that is missing...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Layzie310
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official everyone except Kobe and Lamar are jealous of Bynum thread...

There was a moment in the 2nd quarter I think when Bynum was in the post with no one around for a double team and Luke had the ball over his head in great position to make a pass. I started screaming so damn loud, "Give it to Bynum!" I know my neighbors heard me. And instead Luke swung the ball around for the customary 20 foot brick. He looked right into the 18 year-old's eyes and thought "Nah, we might be playing bad but ain't no way I'm gonna let a high-schooler show me up." And you wonder why Kobe is how he is.

ppineda wrote:
Maybe.... Just maybe... His coach and his teammates have a better evaluation of him than you do. If his team doesn't give him the ball and his coach isn't telling them to, perhaps they just don't think he will do something good with it.

Maybe...just maybe...the coaches and the players (all except one...you know who) are idiots. Explain why Cook and Kobe sat in the 4th?

How anyone could be against Bynum getting game experience with the ball in his hands is beyond me. Especially with this garbage team.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Anyone here who objects giving Luke's minutes to Bynum deserves a spanking.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official everyone except Kobe and Lamar are jealous of Bynum thread...

VonWafer&KobeBryantFa wrote:
Coca James wrote:
wafer sucks

Explain? The guy hasn't been given the chance to play and he went in when they were down 12 with a minute left why not just have some fun? You can't assume that yet he was thrown into the dog cage.

Just having fun doesn't get you meaningful minutes.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

I agree.

It's much like with Kobe in his rookie year, where he would ask the ball from Eddie, Nick or a few other vet guards and not even get a look his way.

Rookie.
High schooler.
Keeps to himself.

That's not getting him touches unless he's already achieved franchise player status coming out of the draft.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official everyone except Kobe and Lamar are jealous of Bynum thread...

Hector the Pup wrote:
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa wrote:
Coca James wrote:
wafer sucks

Just having fun doesn't get you meaningful minutes.

Ive seen Wafer go up for like seven dunks and he has gotton swatted on EVERY one... plus, he shoots the ball every time he's in, and he misses... I love his eagerness to score, but the ball needs to go in.

Also, if someone THAT good cant get minutes over Sasha.... if Phil was positive that Wafer could hit open jump shots, he might get some more playing time

I cant remember the last open shot Sasha made... I think it was against the Jazz

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

You're right. And what a great third option he was wiht 16ppg.
I think I just never saw him play with much heart. He always seemed like the spoiled star who expected things as if he was a superstar.
Strokke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject:

I don't catch many games on TV but I was watching Bynum's 4th quarter vs knicks that I tivo'd and there is DEFINITE support that Walton doesn't like Bynum very much. Bynum made a free throw at one point and walked forward to get a five from his two players. One of them did it but Walton just stayed where he was and stared at him.
BallerAli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject:

Has anyone else noticed that whenever D.George passes to Bynum it's always a horrible pass that turns into a turnover...its sabotage.

During one play I saw Luke the Puke call Bynum off when he clearly was in good position and instead passed it around the perimeter.

Kobe looks for him from time to time.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

At least he hit his open shots! He was three point shooter who drove to the hole more times than Odom does. Lamar Odom will never have as good a career as Glen Rice...a true 3rd option.
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject:

I don't believe its jealously. Its the lack of ability to make the pass.

For a time, Bynum and Kobe were on the floor but it was Sasha, Walton and George jacking up shots.

What this team needs is a real point guard.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official everyone except Kobe and Lamar are jealous of Bynum thread...

ppineda wrote:
Coca James wrote:

btw, wafer sucks

Post passing is the hardest pass to make in the NBA. These Laker scrubs just suck at passing so much that they are scared to try and pass it in. You see this with Kobe and Lamar too, when they post up. It has nothing to do with the MF A-BOMB!
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

I'm jealous of your punctuation.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vlade wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

"option"
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

The thing about Drew is that he also doesn't expect a pass from most of these guys.

So he starts setting screens for them.

He needs to be a little more selfish. Just mantain a strong post position and demand the ball.

But what do these guys know. Apart from LO, noone on this team knows how to pass the ball to Kobe, let alone Andrew Bynum.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Vlade wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

What do you mean? we have one. He just didnt play. We need a second option
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Vlade wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

What do you mean? we have one. He just didnt play. We need a second option

Yeah. Mihm brings it every night..."it" may not be alot but whatever "it" is, he packs it.

Glen Rice was Wally S. A shooter who had little athleticism. No wonder he avgd alot with Kobe and Shaq drawing all of the attention away from him...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: