Karl-Anthony Towns named Kia NBA 2015-16 Rookie of the Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It's amazing how we can project careers one year in.

I mean... He put up 18/10/2 as a 20 year old... Even if he literally never improved, that's already huge.

I think he was probably referring to everyone else, especially DLo.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
So the guy Mitch reaches for with the 2nd pick the draft finishes 9th in the voting.

Cue the usual Mitch excuses, let's blame Jimbo...

Dang -- when will GMS learn they should draft based only on how players will perform in their rookie season??!?!

Yet, those idiotic Warriors chose Stephen Curry when they could have had Tyreke Evans who was better in year 1! Idiots!

Lead the charge for us all, smarter-than-everyone-else-guy!

Not sure why you are upset with me, I didn't make the pick. Obviously the voters observed what I did last season vs. Whatever it was that the LG Experts thought they saw.

Getting picked 2nd and finishing 9th is not good...but feel free to spin away.

Have a sense of humor, babe.

You're missing the point. Towns was the runaway best rookie as people expected. After that, everyone is about the same -- not much separates the 3 through 9 guys, so there isn't a reason to get worked up over the ranking or to think it in way predicts these guys future careers,

DLO might end up a bad pick or a great one -- it's too early to make any kind of judgment.

Last edited by activeverb on Tue May 17, 2016 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It's amazing how we can project careers one year in.

I mean... He put up 18/10/2 as a 20 year old... Even if he literally never improved, that's already huge.

I think he was probably referring to everyone else, especially DLo.

Umm, yeah.

Out of that class, with more certainty, KAT is the first to prove he's an all NBA level player. Guys like DLO, Porky, Booker, Mudiay, Oak, etc. are still to be determined.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
So the guy Mitch reaches for with the 2nd pick the draft finishes 9th in the voting.

Cue the usual Mitch excuses, let's blame Jimbo...

Dang -- when will GMS learn they should draft based only on how players will perform in their rookie season??!?!

Yet, those idiotic Warriors chose Stephen Curry when they could have had Tyreke Evans who was better in year 1! Idiots!

Lead the charge for us all, smarter-than-everyone-else-guy!

Not sure why you are upset with me, I didn't make the pick. Obviously the voters observed what I did last season vs. Whatever it was that the LG Experts thought they saw.

Getting picked 2nd and finishing 9th is not good...but feel free to spin away.

Excluding Blake Griffin, who redshirted, the 2009 draft has yielded five All-stars and 2 All NBA players. Only one of those players, Curry, even got a vote for rookie of the year.

The other players who got votes, including ROY Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, Darren Collison, Jonny Flynn, and Taj Gibson have never even gotten close to an all star game.

No one is going to take you seriously if you're trying to use rookie of the year voting order as evidence of anything.

For something a bit closer to home, take a look at the 1997 vote. Let's see if you can name the players who are missing here:

Quote:
. Iverson received 44 of a possible 115 votes. Minnesota's Stephon Marbury was second with 35. Vancouver's Shareef Abdur-Rahim was third with 25 votes. Boston's Antoine Walker (six) and New Jersey's Kerry Kittles (five) also received votes.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

For something a bit closer to home, take a look at the 1997 vote. Let's see if you can name the players who are missing here:

Quote:
. Iverson received 44 of a possible 115 votes. Minnesota's Stephon Marbury was second with 35. Vancouver's Shareef Abdur-Rahim was third with 25 votes. Boston's Antoine Walker (six) and New Jersey's Kerry Kittles (five) also received votes.

They overlooked our future starter, Samaki Walker.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Math wrote:
999 wrote:
im calling it now...

Minnesota will be in the WCF 2017

That's next year.

uhh yea
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: