I think that, overall, we're equally as attractive a franchise as the Wolves now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject:

They're still the T-Wolves. KAT is a great player, but he's not Kevin Garnett and it took them nearly a decade to get him out of the first round. They did nothing with Kevin Love. It's not even like they're in the Golden State position of having a down decade but being a past winner in a great basketball city. They've never been good ever and are in a place no one wants to play. They've won fewer than 30 games in half the seasons they've ever existed. I'll believe it when I see it with them. History isn't everything but it isn't nothing.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Not high on Wiggins. See him having a career similar to DeRozan. We can make that up with FAs. He looks passive at times as well. Towns can be one of the greats of his generation.

I've never been too high on Wiggins myself. If he were on KAT's level, we would be close.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject:

IF the wolves get Jamal Murray watch out that line up is SCARY GOOD.

Lavine, Murray, Wiggins,Shabazz, towns
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Boston apparently really loves Murray... another guard for them.

Bender would be the proper call but supposedly he's not Ainge's kinda guy.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
JC < Lavine

He dunks better, but JC has drive. i don't think this comparison is as easy as you think

I'm with Lavine > JC it was pretty easy for me.

LaVine showed some real improvement on his shot this season. He has a strong work ethic. And now he's about to have Thibs beat some defense into him.

I like JC a little bit better. Looks like a more complete player to me. LaVine on last year's Lakers would've been a complete disaster.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Damn Rubio is only 25, I thought he was like 27 or 28. Regardless, I think Philly takes Simmons, we take Ingram, Boston takes Brown/Bender, Phoenix takes Bender/Brown (whichever one Boston doesn't take), and Minnesota rolls with Dunn. Dunn gets to be mentored by Rubio, while being in a good position to develop. Lavine gets to slide to his natural position in the 2, Wiggins moves up to the 3. Still think they have a better core than us, but it's closer.

Rubio/Dunn
Lavine
Wiggins
Dieng/Muhammed
KAT

D'Angelo
JC
Ingram (or Simmons)/Brown
Randle/Nance Jr
Black
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Damn Rubio is only 25, I thought he was like 27 or 28. Regardless, I think Philly takes Simmons, we take Ingram, Boston takes Brown/Bender, Phoenix takes Bender/Brown (whichever one Boston doesn't take), and Minnesota rolls with Dunn. Dunn gets to be mentored by Rubio, while being in a good position to develop. Lavine gets to slide to his natural position in the 2, Wiggins moves up to the 3. Still think they have a better core than us, but it's closer.

Rubio/Dunn
Lavine
Wiggins
Dieng/Muhammed
KAT

D'Angelo
JC
Randle/Nance Jr
Black

Yeah, their core is better than ours, but we have enough money for 2 max FA's, and we're in LA.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Rubio/Dunn
Lavine
Wiggins
Dieng/Muhammed
KAT

D'Angelo
JC
Randle/Nance Jr
Black

Yeah, their core is better than ours, but we have enough money for 2 max FA's, and we're in LA.

LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
misterrunon wrote:
shnxx wrote:
lucrative?

Talent/assets wise, not financially.

Talent wise and financially.

Beg to differ! Simmons wouldn't get extra moola from Adidas if he landed in Minny!

Lucrative also has an "economic" connotation...so I wouldn't use it to compare the Lakers and the Wolves..
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject:

No way.

We are the legendary Lakers, we play in LA, we have money for 2 max free agents, why would someone choose Minnesota over us?
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson = Lavine
Randle < Wiggins (just slightly though)
Dlo <<< KAT
Ingram >> Bender

Pretty even imo. But they also have other solid young players like Rubio, Shabazz etc

So at this point its still Wolves > Lakers
We do have 40m cap space though. Bring in Whiteside and Barnes, and I say we even out
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject:

loseyourname wrote:
They're still the T-Wolves. KAT is a great player, but he's not Kevin Garnett and it took them nearly a decade to get him out of the first round. They did nothing with Kevin Love. It's not even like they're in the Golden State position of having a down decade but being a past winner in a great basketball city. They've never been good ever and are in a place no one wants to play. They've won fewer than 30 games in half the seasons they've ever existed. I'll believe it when I see it with them. History isn't everything but it isn't nothing.

You do realize KAT just had probably the best season for a rookie big man since Tim DUncan... Kevin Love is not even close to the player KAT is/will become. Wolves are going to be really good in a season or two. Both Wiggins and Towns have superstar potential. History means nothing when you have great talent like KAT and Wiggins and possibly a guy like Dunn or Murray.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject:

I think only way we leap frog Minnesota is if Ingram becomes better then Wiggins.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
JC < Lavine

He dunks better, but JC has drive. i don't think this comparison is as easy as you think

LaVine showed some real improvement on his shot this season. He has a strong work ethic. And now he's about to have Thibs beat some defense into him.

I like JC a little bit better. Looks like a more complete player to me. LaVine on last year's Lakers would've been a complete disaster.

JC and Lavine are pretty much even at this point. JC had a better rookie year when they both played point guard. JC PER (16.9) Lavince (11.3). This year they both moved to the shooting guards spot and were dead even at 14.3. JC owns their head to head match up tho.

http://postimg.org/image/h5l6rzitd/

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject:

The talent level we'll be about equal now that we have Ingram, but I think we'll be better because we can sign Whiteside. I'm not high on Wiggins, solid all star like DeRozan but not a superstar.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Is thibs better than Luke?
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
The talent level we'll be about equal now that we have Ingram, but I think we'll be better because we can sign Whiteside. I'm not high on Wiggins, solid all star like DeRozan but not a superstar.
Can you please stop talking like ingram is a lock? Man, how old are you?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
The Grind wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
JC < Lavine

JC and Lavine are pretty much even at this point. JC had a better rookie year when they both played point guard. JC PER (16.9) Lavince (11.3). This year they both moved to the shooting guards spot and were dead even at 14.3. JC owns their head to head match up tho.

JC had to adapt to the farewell tour and giving space for a #2 pick. Before LaVine posting a PER of 17 JC is still to be considered the best player.

I have the same opinion comparing him with Dlo. Russell has a better potential as scorer IMHO, but he has still to prove he can play better than JC did his rookie season before someone ask JC to be the 6th man if a player like DeRoz arrive. There is a clear bias here, but outside LG Clarkson was an All Rookie first team. I think Russell has the upside to be the best player in the long run, I believe he can be an elite scorer in the future something I don't see Clarkson achieving, but at this moment Clarkson did more than both LaVine and Dlo.

Last edited by nash on Tue May 17, 2016 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
The Grind wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
JC < Lavine

JC had to adapt to the farewell tour and giving space for a #2 pick. Before LaVine posting a PER of 17 JC is still the best player.

I have the same opinion comparing him with Dlo. Russell has a better potential as scorer IMHO, but he has still to prove he can play better than JC did his rookie season before someone ask JC to be the 6th man if a player like DeRoz arrive. There are a clear bias here, but outside LG Clarkson was an All Rookie first team. I think Russell has the upside to be the best player in the long run, I believe he can be an elite scorer in the future, something I don't see Clarkson achieving, but at this moment Clarkson did more than both LaVine and Dlo.

... just stop, JC cant guard a dead body, we should ask him to practice defense for once in his life before making him a 6th man.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject:

miamichico305 wrote:
nash wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
The Grind wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
KOBE WAN wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
JC < Lavine

JC had to adapt to the farewell tour and giving space for a #2 pick. Before LaVine posting a PER of 17 JC is still the best player.

I have the same opinion comparing him with Dlo. Russell has a better potential as scorer IMHO, but he has still to prove he can play better than JC did his rookie season before someone ask JC to be the 6th man if a player like DeRoz arrive. There are a clear bias here, but outside LG Clarkson was an All Rookie first team. I think Russell has the upside to be the best player in the long run, I believe he can be an elite scorer in the future, something I don't see Clarkson achieving, but at this moment Clarkson did more than both LaVine and Dlo.

... just stop, JC cant guard a dead body, we should ask him to practice defense for once in his life before making him a 6th man.

Just stop. We have no guard able to guard a dead body.
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

sorry but we dont have anything close to a KAT level young superstar
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

loseyourname wrote:

No, that history has no relevance to their roster now, their organization is comprised of totally different personnel. The only thing that can hold over is the desirability of their location, everything else is different. There's no mojo, or lack there of that magically exists in the team's uniforms or something that holds over time.
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Is thibs better than Luke?

Yes, Thibs is a top 5 coach in this league. Luke is still an unknown
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Can you please stop talking like ingram is a lock? Man, how old are you?

Remember last year when we all thought Ok4 was our guy? I admit I was one of them.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject:

No sure about that but we are really gaining momentum with getting hottest coach out there (no homo) and getting #2 pick
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: