I think that, overall, we're equally as attractive a franchise as the Wolves now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Okay so Towns is better than Russell right now, no doubt but how much better is he going to get?
I think Russell still has a couple more gears in him to go. In 3/4 years, I think many people view this differently
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
IF the wolves get Jamal Murray watch out that line up is SCARY GOOD.

Lavine, Murray, Wiggins,Shabazz, towns

Towns is gonna demand a trade playing defense with those bozos
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
Okay so Towns is better than Russell right now, no doubt but how much better is he going to get?
I think Russell still has a couple more gears in him to go. In 3/4 years, I think many people view this differently

When he gets better at shooting and polishes up his post game, he'll be able to be a higher volume player. 18-10-2 is nice, but he can turn into 25-11-4? Maybe better. But pretty much Anthony Davis type numbers.

Also defensively I think he has a lot of work to do but can be an elite defender.

So the answer is he can get much, much better.

(I do think Russell will be drastically improved, even starting next season.)
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject:

miamichico305 wrote:
loseyourname wrote:
They're still the T-Wolves. KAT is a great player, but he's not Kevin Garnett and it took them nearly a decade to get him out of the first round. They did nothing with Kevin Love. It's not even like they're in the Golden State position of having a down decade but being a past winner in a great basketball city. They've never been good ever and are in a place no one wants to play. They've won fewer than 30 games in half the seasons they've ever existed. I'll believe it when I see it with them. History isn't everything but it isn't nothing.

You do realize KAT just had probably the best season for a rookie big man since Tim DUncan... Kevin Love is not even close to the player KAT is/will become. Wolves are going to be really good in a season or two. Both Wiggins and Towns have superstar potential. History means nothing when you have great talent like KAT and Wiggins and possibly a guy like Dunn or Murray.

Sure, he's a great player, but I'm not convinced he'll even stay there. I don't trust franchises that have always been bad even when they luck out and get a single really good player. Cleveland still hasn't even been able to capitalize on LeBron and I'm not sure they ever will.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject:

Who cares about the wolves they didnt get the second pick we did

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:

When he gets better at shooting and polishes up his post game, he'll be able to be a higher volume player. 18-10-2 is nice, but he can turn into 25-11-4? Maybe better. But pretty much Anthony Davis type numbers.

Also defensively I think he has a lot of work to do but can be an elite defender.

Defensively ya, you're right. Very very very unlikely Russell becomes as much of a menace as KAT is probably going to be. On the offensive end though I think it could be a different story. Russell only went to the line twice each game last season. If he can figure out how to bate smaller defenders into fouling him in the post and if he can add more muscle I think he can FT at a 5/6 pg clip.

I'm pretty confident he goes for 20pg while still on his rookie deal and judging by the confidence he has in himself I think he goes beyond that.

Its all talk right now, KAT is the ROTY so just hope our kids bring it
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Is thibs better than Luke?

No and that is a good point. I think they will have a hard time attracting free agents with Thibs reputation whereas I think Luke is a big asset to us in that regard.

And I agree with the poster above who mentioned the T-Pup's history of awfulness. You just know that the Lakers will be back on top one day. It is in the Laker Brand DNA. You can't say the same about the Wolves.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject:

lakerhaterhater wrote:
tox wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:

Defensively ya, you're right. Very very very unlikely Russell becomes as much of a menace as KAT is probably going to be. On the offensive end though I think it could be a different story. Russell only went to the line twice each game last season. If he can figure out how to bate smaller defenders into fouling him in the post and if he can add more muscle I think he can FT at a 5/6 pg clip.

I'm pretty confident he goes for 20pg while still on his rookie deal and judging by the confidence he has in himself I think he goes beyond that.

Its all talk right now, KAT is the ROTY so just hope our kids bring it

Well DLO in particular was stunted by the Parking Brake Byron. So I agree with the analysis that DLO will improve quite a bit this next season. And they play entirely different positions. If DLO does blow up, he will set up and lead the team, potentially having a greater impact. It is a lot harder to do that from the center spot, especially in the day and age.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject:

KAT is an absolute stud. I don't think Minny would take all 3 of Russell, Clarkson and Randle for KAT. He had an all-time great rookie season. And yes, he's going to get even better. I have no doubt that MVP's are in his future. That guy is special.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
No way.

We are the legendary Lakers, we play in LA, we have money for 2 max free agents, why would someone choose Minnesota over us?

Because the average high temperature during December is 22º!! And it rarely gets much over 40º for 4 months out of the year!!

Southern Cal blows that away!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
The talent level we'll be about equal now that we have Ingram, but I think we'll be better because we can sign Whiteside. I'm not high on Wiggins, solid all star like DeRozan but not a superstar.
Can you please stop talking like ingram is a lock? Man, how old are you?

LMAO, I feel like that with around a quarter of the posts!! I just suck it up and move on.

....................... until I can't and then I risk getting a time out!! haha
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Well DLO in particular was stunted by the Parking Brake Byron. So I agree with the analysis that DLO will improve quite a bit this next season. And they play entirely different positions. If DLO does blow up, he will set up and lead the team, potentially having a greater impact. It is a lot harder to do that from the center spot, especially in the day and age.

I don't believe in guessing how players will progress, and then acting as if that guess has already come true.

DLO has potential. I like him. We'll see how well he pans out. Too early to pencil him in as an all-star or foundation of the future. He has to earn that first.

Towns already has earned that. He's a star.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Rubio is only 25 so I guess you have to count him in too. T-Wolve is still better talent wise.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
KAT is an absolute stud. I don't think Minny would take all 3 of Russell, Clarkson and Randle for KAT. He had an all-time great rookie season. And yes, he's going to get even better. I have no doubt that MVP's are in his future. That guy is special.

He will be the best player in the league before his career is over. He is strong in ALL aspects of the game.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I think that, overall, we're equally as attractive a franchise as the Wolves now

misterrunon wrote:
Luke is the big question mark, but our combination of young players PLUS the cap money/attraction makes us just as promising as the Timberwolves.

KAT>D'lo
JC= LaVine
Wiggins>JR
#2>#5

Fixed title.

More like

KAT > DLO + JR + JC

Yeah he's that good.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

We don't have a KAT, who's probably going to be a franchise player.
staticaa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry, but whoever called lavine a better player than Clarkson is bat sh*t crazy.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Our measuring stick is the Wolves? Gosh, times change.

Hopefully the FO,can bring 1 or 2 really good players; I doubt
we'll see KD, Bron, etc. just build a solid team that can grow an
All star may come when we have our act together...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
We don't have a KAT, who's probably going to be a franchise player.

yeah man, he's looking like Anthony Davis with farther range
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject:

The reason that the Lakers are ahead the Wolves in the rebuild is because we have 60 million, and warm weather, while the Wolves will have 22 million in capspace, and frigid temperatures.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
The reason that the Lakers are ahead the Wolves in the rebuild is because we have 60 million, and warm weather, while the Wolves will have 22 million in capspace, and frigid temperatures.

can't argue with that, been pressuring wife to move west
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

Russell > Rubio
Clarkson = Lavine
Ingram < Wiggins (Maybe not Long Term)
KAT > Black or Whiteside
Randle > Deing

Seems like we need a center and somebody who can play defense from FA.

KAT is the real deal may be best young player in NBA
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: