2014 and 2015 drafts - would you re-do them in retrospect?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What happened to the, "let's be family for...a day or two" mentality?

Days up, back to fighting

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
I'm very happy with Russell, but Devin Booker would be really nice in this offense (Klay-lite?)

I actually think he will be Klay Thompson. Watched alot of Suns games due to tanking interests, and he looks like a real steal. They'll have a fun backcourt when Bledsoe comes back.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject:

I think Dlo is getting underrated here. He played solid for a rookie in a B.Scott "offense" which is really no offense or direction. We should see a big leap of improvement in Luke's system. But again, he was pretty solid last year
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
I think Dlo is getting underrated here. He played solid for a rookie in a B.Scott "offense" which is really no offense or direction. We should see a big leap of improvement in Luke's system. But again, he was pretty solid last year

If he can up his numbers a little with more efficiency I'll be very happy.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
shortodom wrote:

he will do that easily. next year he'll be at 17/5/5 on 43/37/78%
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject:

I didn't want Randle, I must admit. Still think we should consider moving him.
I was extra happy about the Russell pick, the kid is gonna come good.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Grind wrote:
shortodom wrote:

13-3-3 and played 26 min. A team with zero point guard and he played only 26 min. He should have been playing 36 min and his numbers would have been 18-6-6 at the very least. Wasted a whole year jerking him around.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Grind wrote:
shortodom wrote:

13-3-3 and played 26 min. A team with zero point guard and he played only 26 min. He should have been playing 36 min and his numbers would have been 18-6-6 at the very least. Wasted a whole year jerking him around.

Yea it was also just a big wasted year becuase he learned minimally in an outdated offense.
He was soo far from being physically ready last year. This year tho, he'll look a lot more like he belongs - that plus the modern O and skill progression , he's going to play really well.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:20 am    Post subject:

Since we know how things developed of course we can do better.

For example last year take Josh Richardson over Brown and trade the umber #2 pick for #4 and # 13 and take Booker + Porzingis
or #11 and #13 and take Booker + M. Turner

Clarkson
Booker / J. Richardson
Ingram
Randle/Nance
M. Turner(Porzingis)/Black
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Grind wrote:
shortodom wrote:

Yea it was also just a big wasted year becuase he learned minimally in an outdated offense.
He was soo far from being physically ready last year. This year tho, he'll look a lot more like he belongs - that plus the modern O and skill progression , he's going to play really well.

Nobody is saying Russell is a bad player, but now you have the luxury to see that it was a really deep draft so the best scenario was trading the #2 pick to go down and take 2 players with the similar potential to Russell.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:

For example last year take Josh Richardson over Brown and trade the umber #2 pick for #4 and # 13 and take Booker + Porzingis

Clarkson
Booker / J. Richardson
Ingram
Randle/Nance

Yea that would be better sure. But nobody saw all of those sleepers coming. Booker looked like nothing but a shooter at Kentucky.
Last year's draft was such an aberration , I wonder if the team's really even believed what they were working out - like, all these kids with great measurables and then they don't miss shots in the workouts , and they show other skills. Did teams really think all of these players would prove to be great rookie prospects? Because previous drafts would have me skeptical that they all couldn't translate well, but they did.

And with Booker it's like, the kid was just a shooter in college - comes to your workout and shows all combo guard great skills --- but he never did it in a game in college. The Suns were able to recognize that these combo guard skills in the workout were enough , because they've had a bevy of these type of guards. With the tide turning to small/skill in this modern NBA, the Suns knew exactly what that looked like , a lot of other teams are still figuring out how to identify it. Clarkson dropped. 20some teams passed on Rodney Hood.

I'm not mad that we didn't execute that trade. If I were a Celtic fan I'd be super pissed at all of the talent they've missed out on in the past two drafts. They could have dominated the middle of the draft
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lewis wrote:

Clarkson
Booker / J. Richardson
Ingram
Randle/Nance

Yea that would be better sure. But nobody saw all of those sleepers coming. Booker looked like nothing but a shooter at Kentucky.
Last year's draft was such an aberration , I wonder if the team's really even believed what they were working out - like, all these kids with great measurables and then they don't miss shots in the workouts , and they show other skills. Did teams really think all of these players would prove to be great rookie prospects? Because previous drafts would have me skeptical that they all couldn't translate well, but they did.

And with Booker it's like, the kid was just a shooter in college - comes to your workout and shows all combo guard great skills --- but he never did it in a game in college. The Suns were able to recognize that these combo guard skills in the workout were enough , because they've had a bevy of these type of guards. With the tide turning to small/skill in this modern NBA, the Suns knew exactly what that looked like , a lot of other teams are still figuring out how to identify it. Clarkson dropped. 20some teams passed on Rodney Hood.

I'm not mad that we didn't execute that trade. If I were a Celtic fan I'd be super pissed at all of the talent they've missed out on in the past two drafts. They could have dominated the middle of the draft

Ofcourse nobody could see all of that , but the thread just ask what would you in hindsight. This is what I would do.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lewis wrote:

Clarkson
Booker / J. Richardson
Ingram
Randle/Nance

Ofcourse nobody could see all of that , but the thread just ask what would you in hindsight. This is what I would do.

Well alright then! That's a good scenerio , yea.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject:

can we wait 4 years before asking this question?
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Dlo was the right pick. Stay salty.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: