Colin Cowherd on the Lakers pick... Says we must trade it
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Colin Cowherd on the Lakers pick... Says we must trade it

https://www.facebook.com/WWLG4LIFE/videos/987362364713293/

Hopefully y'all can watch this video since it's off FB and not sure everyone has FB but what do you say about this ? Honestly I liked Cowerd but now I just lost a lot of liking for him.

The fact he said Simmons and Ingram would be irrelevant in the west but not in the east is pure ignorance. Yeah it may be tougher to make the allstar team but it won't take away from their talent.

He wants us to trade our pick to Boston for pick 3. 16, and a future pick. Lmao saying the Celtics need a shooter when Murrary and Hield are 2 of the best shooters in NCAA history and we be good fits.

Thoughts ? If this doesn't deserve a thread please move it. Thx
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject:

Another Ireland. Bunch of hacks who have opinions based on nothing.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject:

Cowherd is mainly thinking about what would make the best headline when he gives his opinion. He probably actually believes less than half the stuff he spews out.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Colin Cowherd on the Lakers pick... Says we must trade it

a2j1m wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/WWLG4LIFE/videos/987362364713293/

Hopefully y'all can watch this video since it's off FB and not sure everyone has FB but what do you say about this ? Honestly I liked Cowerd but now I just lost a lot of liking for him.

The fact he said Simmons and Ingram would be irrelevant in the west but not in the east is pure ignorance. Yeah it may be tougher to make the allstar team but it won't take away from their talent.

He wants us to trade our pick to Boston for pick 3. 16, and a future pick. Lmao saying the Celtics need a shooter when Murrary and Hield are 2 of the best shooters in NCAA history and we be good fits.

Thoughts ? If this doesn't deserve a thread please move it. Thx
Lillard is better than Irving?

2nd choice for 3rd & 16 choice - nope, unless they add a young rising star

Bulls are not going to take the offered package for Butler

Lakers will be in the playoffs next year and Ingram would be an ideal fit at SF (with Anthony Brown and maybe Nance)

Mitch will get a superstar FA in this offseason

Trailblazers have shown what can be done when a team is focused with leaders and young talent

Cowherd needs high ratings since he got a BIG CONTRACT at Fox
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject:

I'm sure teams are dying to give away Paul George, Jimmy butler, Demarcus Cousins
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Cowherd is mainly thinking about what would make the best headline when he gives his opinion.

Pretty much.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Another Ireland. Bunch of hacks who have opinions based on nothing.

I was about to say. We need to purge our airwaves of these loons.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I'm sure teams are dying to give away Paul George, Jimmy butler, Demarcus Cousins
Can DRose and Butler exist in the same backcourt, especially with DRose's productions are going down

Boogie comes with a lot of baggage that could be toxic with a very young roster
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't be as surprised as many people if the Lakers trade the pick. Maybe for a couple solid role players. It'll have to be packaged with someone but I wouldn't be surprised too see it happen. Maybe for a slightly lower pick and a player from last years draft? Idk just throwing stuff out there
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject:

Give me Kristine Leahy, please.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
defense wrote:
Can DRose and Butler exist in the same backcourt, especially with DRose's productions are going down

If it comes down to Jimmy and rose I think the bulls trade Rose for next to nothing.

Kings fired Karl most likely because of Cousins. Doubt he's going anywhere.

Paul George is just a laugher. Indiana would riot.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject:

Ingram's potential looks better than any of our young players. Simmons the same, if the mental red flags are not that serious. We will probably try to get a veteran star before free agency starts, so we can attract free agents, but I think Randle/Clarkson are better candidates to be moved than the #2 pick. Russell fit in Luke's system is very good, so probably he will not be part of offers.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:01 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
I wouldn't be as surprised as many people if the Lakers trade the pick. Maybe for a couple solid role players. It'll have to be packaged with someone but I wouldn't be surprised too see it happen. Maybe for a slightly lower pick and a player from last years draft? Idk just throwing stuff out there

I will be very surprised if there was a trade, and I would even be more surprised if it's a trade Laker fans would be happy about.

The reason I think there won't be any trade is because I trust Mitch not to bend over and get abused. Any trade involving any name that would make Laker fans happy would involve gutting the core. Why would you do that unless you have KD in your pocket? KD is the only free agent Batman that can put you in a position where you can still mold a title contender after gutting your core for his Robin, such as Paul George. There are no other free agents out there that would put you in that scenario. And if KD agrees to sign with you on condition of you getting George, you bet Bird will know it and will ask for the sun and moon. Ingram, Randle, sign and trade Clarkson, etc. Heck he'll ask for D'Lo. And the Lakers just might do it since they can probably field a contender around KD and George. But without KD, it makes ZERO sense to gut your collection of talent. And if you go ahead and make such an idiotic trade for Butler or George with no KD, then you're still not making the playoffs in the West.

You've sacrificed the future and you still need to clean out your office because of the stupid self-imposed timeline. The best roster the Lakers can field, and the smartest thing to do, is keeping all their assets under cost controlled contracts, over pay two guys not worthy of max, but they're getting it anyway, such as Whiteside and DeRozan. That's the only way to go.

Last edited by Runway8 on Thu May 19, 2016 1:15 am; edited 5 times in total
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
defense wrote:

If it comes down to Jimmy and rose I think the bulls trade Rose for next to nothing.

Kings fired Karl most likely because of Cousins. Doubt he's going anywhere.

Paul George is just a laugher. Indiana would riot.
Agree about the Buls

Kings are so dysfunctional, who knows what they will do

Paul George is staying

Maybe Batum will come
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject:

Well to be fair, cowherd is an idiot.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject:

First Ireland then cowherd

Cmon, man
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Cowherd is mainly thinking about what would make the best headline when he gives his opinion. He probably actually believes less than half the stuff he spews out.
this. FOX is seemingly in the click bait business with their most recent hirings.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
shortodom wrote:

I will be very surprised if there was a trade, and I would even I be more surprised if it's a trade Laker fans would be happy about.

The reason I think there won't be any trade is because I trust Mitch not to bend over and get abused. Any trade involving any name that would make Laker fans happy would involve gutting the core. Why would you do that unless you have KD in your pocket? KD is the only free agent Batman that can put you in a position where you can still mold a title contender after gutting your core for his Robin, such as Paul George. There are no other free agents out there that would put you in that scenario. And if KD agrees to sign with you on condition of you getting George, you bet Bird will know it and will ask for the sun and moon. Ingram, Randle, sign and trade Clarkson, etc. Heck he'll ask for D'Lo. And the Lakers just might do it since they can probably field a contender around KD and George. But without KD, it makes ZERO sense to gut your collection of talent. And if you go ahead and make such an idiotic trade for Butler or George with no KD, then you're still not making the playoffs in the West.

You've sacrificed the future and you still need to clean out your office because of the stupid self-imposed timeline. The best roster the Lakers can field, and the smartest thing to do, is keeping all their assets under cost controlled contracts, over pay two guys not worthy of max, but they're getting it anyway, such as Whiteside and DeRozan. That's the only way to go.

I think you are correct!
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject:

What happened to that big Kobe story he said was coming out?

Cowherd is a joke
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Give me Kristine Leahy, please.

Her role on the show is to raise and furrow her eyebrows as Cowherd yaps about what successful people do in life and how he believes it applies to the most minor story line in sports.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject:

I'll trade it for Blake Griffin
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject:

Can we just have ONE big "EVERYONE WHO WANTS US TO TRADE THE PICK" thread so we wont have a young stud on a cheap contract for 4 years??

Thanks, but no thanks. We'll keep our young stud to go along with our young guns. Following the OKC, G.S., and the Spurs blueprint isn't a bad thing at all.

Last edited by oldschool32 on Thu May 19, 2016 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That means we should definitely keep it.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

governator wrote:
I'll trade it for Blake Griffin

PASS. Doesn't look like he is able to lead his team anywhere, even when he is healthy.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject:

Everyday I'm astounded this man is still on the air. Spends his whole show setting up straw-men to knock down. It's ridiculous.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: