gsw picks vs. lal picks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: gsw picks vs. lal picks

if you had to quantify a player's draft pick "worth", how would you do so? *LAL picks have incomplete ratings but if you had to reasonably project.

curry (10/10)
klay (9/10)
barnes (8/10)
ezeli (7/10)
green (9/10)

randle (8/10)
clarkson (8/10)
nance (7/10)
dlo (9/10)
ingraham/simmons (9/10) --> totally a guess
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

Are we really going there? A team with players that just won a championship relative to a team that just finished next to last?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

Come back in three years to see if:

A) We still have our young core intact.
B) We're a playoff contender.
C) Our players have improved significantly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Are we really going there? A team with players that just won a championship relative to a team that just finished next to last?

Seriously.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Seriously.

Double that and
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

A perfect 5/7
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

Way too early lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: gsw picks vs. lal picks

nomoreshaq wrote:
if you had to quantify a player's draft pick "worth", how would you do so? *LAL picks have incomplete ratings but if you had to reasonably project.

curry (10/10)
klay (9/10)
barnes (8/10)
ezeli (7/10)
green (9/10)

randle (8/10)
clarkson (8/10)
nance (7/10)
dlo (9/10)

You are not making "reasonable projections." You're just arbitrarily giving your guys high marks because they're your guys. If they were on other teams, you would rank them lower, because your rankings are based on nothing except what you hope will happen.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: gsw picks vs. lal picks

activeverb wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

curry (10/10)
klay (9/10)
barnes (8/10)
ezeli (7/10)
green (9/10)

randle (8/10)
clarkson (8/10)
nance (7/10)
dlo (9/10)

You are not making "reasonable projections." You're just arbitrarily giving your guys high marks because they're your guys. If they were on other teams, you would rank them lower, because your rankings are based on nothing except what you hope will happen.

The best part is how only Ingram/Simmons is considered total guesses. Get ready, boys. We're winning the 2020 NBA title.
ningchi
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

Clarkson should be 10/10 not sure who else you would take at that position in the draft where we got him.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

Ask again in 2 years.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

How are Klay Thompson and Draymond Green not a 10/10?? And DLO should be lower just for the Nick Young video alone.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: gsw picks vs. lal picks

KBH wrote:
activeverb wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

curry (10/10)
klay (9/10)
barnes (8/10)
ezeli (7/10)
green (9/10)

randle (8/10)
clarkson (8/10)
nance (7/10)
dlo (9/10)

The best part is how only Ingram/Simmons is considered total guesses. Get ready, boys. We're winning the 2020 NBA title.

Well, not only are they "total guesses," but that guess is predictably a 9.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

i love how you guys criticize/mock the OP even though he/she states it's "totally a guess". typical. good stuff usual.

i like the OP's idea btw, and it doesn't seem too far off. yes, it's not crazy to go from the worst team to playoff contender in one season...when you are TANKING! what is it that people don't understand about tanking?

remember the spurs? had drob? mvp candidate? tanked. got duncan. won immediately? hello? continued winning for the nest 20 years? that's like the warriors deciding to tank after an injury to curry, post a terrible record, get ben simmons, then carry right along business as usual.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Whenever I talk basketball with my obnoxious cousin who lives in The Bay. I jokingly say Rookie DLO > Prime Curry. And then text him this LINK
Drives him nuts.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Whenever I talk basketball with my obnoxious cousin who lives in The Bay. I jokingly say Rookie DLO > Prime Curry. And then text him this LINK
Drives him nuts.

Quote:
D'Angelo Russell doing some... unidentified dance

Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
How are Klay Thompson and Draymond Green not a 10/10?? And DLO should be lower just for the Nick Young video alone.

Do people still care about the nick young video?
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

arbitrary ranking criteria

10-mvp
9-all-star
8-solid starter
7-solid rotation player (6th man type)
6-rotation player (7th-8th man)
5-bench depth (9th-10th man)
4-end of the bench (11th man)
3-bottom of the bench (12th man)
2-only there in case someone gets injured
1-NBDL talent

i think ingraham/simmons can reasonably project to be an all-star (based on nothing but speculation) and same with dlo. i think randle and clarkson could become reasonable starters and nance a solid rotation player.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

He said projection
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
i love how you guys criticize/mock the OP even though he/she states it's "totally a guess". typical. good stuff usual.

i like the OP's idea btw, and it doesn't seem too far off. yes, it's not crazy to go from the worst team to playoff contender in one season...when you are TANKING! what is it that people don't understand about tanking?

remember the spurs? had drob? mvp candidate? tanked. got duncan. won immediately? hello? continued winning for the nest 20 years? that's like the warriors deciding to tank after an injury to curry, post a terrible record, get ben simmons, then carry right along business as usual.

The Spurs were a 59 win team with an MVP level guy in Robinson, a 20 ppg all-star in Sean Elliot, and other key pieces. Robinson got hurt; they sunk artificially, and they lucked into a GOAT level guy in Duncan.

That's not our situation. We had a crappy team with no foundation. We've added some promising rookies who may or may not pan out, but none of them are no-brainer, #1 picks in any era like Duncan or Robinson.

So, yeah, at this point it's silly to compare us to the Warriors and the Spurs simply because we dream of being as successful as the Warriors and Spurs.

When a poster declares that DLO is equal to Draymond Green or Klay Thompson right now he's being delusional.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

The Spurs were a 59 win team with an MVP level guy in Robinson. He got hurt; they sunk artificially, and they lucked into a GOAT level guy in Duncan.

That's not our situation. We had a crappy team with no foundation. We've added some promising rookies who may or may not pan out, but none of them are no-brainer, #1 picks in any era like Duncan or Robinson.

So, yeah, at this point it's silly to compare us to the Warriors and the Spurs simply because we dream of being as successful as the Warriors and Spurs.

When a poster declares that DLO is equal to Draymond Green or Klay Thompson right now he's being delusional.

i'm not saying equal. sheesh. i'm just saying can we reasonably project. no one is saying sacre projects out to shaq, but dlo a multiple all-star? eh, that's not a total pipe crack reach. can dlo be a max player and maybe top 5-7 in his position in a few years? i, and seemingly many others, think that's reasonable.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
arbitrary ranking criteria

10-mvp
9-all-star
8-solid starter
7-solid rotation player (6th man type)
6-rotation player (7th-8th man)
5-bench depth (9th-10th man)
4-end of the bench (11th man)
3-bottom of the bench (12th man)
2-only there in case someone gets injured
1-NBDL talent

i think ingraham/simmons can reasonably project to be an all-star (based on nothing but speculation) and same with dlo. i think randle and clarkson could become reasonable starters and nance a solid rotation player.

I don't see how a "reasonable projection" can be based on "nothing but speculation." Seems like you're just pulling numbers out of thin air.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Do people still care about the nick young video?

Idk dude but if I was on the team I could never trust him again, at least for like a year or so when he's hopefully more mature.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

He said projection

No he said "reasonably project".
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
i'm not saying equal. sheesh. i'm just saying can we reasonably project. no one is saying sacre projects out to shaq, but dlo a multiple all-star? eh, that's not a total pipe crack reach. can dlo be a max player and maybe top 5-7 in his position in a few years? i, and seemingly many others, think that's reasonable.

I'm not sure if I'd consider your projections "reasonable" -- I'd say they are the upper end possibility, but there are many more modest outcomes that are just as likely.

So what you call "reasonable projections," I'd call "optimistic projections."

And there is a big difference between "reasonable" and "optimistic."

All I'm saying is it's way too early to start penciling all-star appearances for these guys and dynasties for the Lakers. Wouldn't surprise me if some of these guys aren't even here anymore by the time we are a contender again.

But it's cool. People are excited we kept the draft pick, so they are going overboard on their excitement.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: