gsw picks vs. lal picks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Are we really going there? A team with players that just won a championship relative to a team that just finished next to last?

That's what I mean what's going on with LG posters these days. These comparisons are embarrassing.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
How are Klay Thompson and Draymond Green not a 10/10?? And DLO should be lower just for the Nick Young video alone.

Do people still care about the nick young video?

Idk dude but if I was on the team I could never trust him again, at least for like a year or so when he's hopefully more mature.

Two dicks don't make a right!

DLO has bent over backwards to admit he screwed up. It was NOT a malicious thing he did, it was a stupid mistake of letting it get in the wrong hands. Other players who let the hate go on, are the problem, not DLO. He was just a stupid teenager. He knows it, people need to let go. Any player on the Lakers who didn't, I would look to move.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I live in the SF Bay area, so i can understand the local SF Bay Area infatuation with the Dubs, but I just can't understand the infatuation with the Dubs on this forum!

So, I really want to hijack this thread

I hope we look at the process of build for GSW and its "timing" to see where we can place our Lakers. This is not to say that the Dubs had a great formula or an incredible GM, or even a long term coach (Mark Jackson?).. If anything they had a lot of luck... More importantly, I'd also urge us to remember all the jackass trades they made (David Lee anyone?) but also the ones that did pan out: e.g., Livingston

Warriors Timeline
Code:

Year     WhoDeyDrafted     WhoDatStudAt#1and#2                  Win Record    Playoff?                                       

2009    Curry #7            BlakeGriffin#1, HasheemThabeet#2       26-56     NO
2010    Ekpe Udoh #6       JohnWall#1, EvanTurner#2                36-46    NO
2011    Klay T    #11       Kyrie#1, DerrickWilliams#2              23-43     NO
2012    None 1st round       Unibrow#1, KiddGilchrist#2          47-35     Elite8
2013   Barnes#7,Ezili#30    Bennett#1, Oladipo#2                  51-31     FirstROund
           Draymond #35
2014    None                                                      67-15   O'Brien

Hindsight is 20/20... but at least our rebuild/draft includes a ton of great picks/

We can slot the Lakers rebuild starting 2014 (2014: Randle #7) but some would say, hey, he didn't play that year. Nevertheless, i'd still say the rebuild started 2014, due to Clarkson at #46 who did play that year.

The only dig against our rebuild is the 2 years we "wasted", not having good draft picks in 2012 and 2013 but hey, at least our picks are still playing in the NBA.

If we go with the Warriors timeline, the Lakers can hoist a 'Ship in 2020! Then you can really do these comparisons

Net net, we gotta give it TIME before we do these comparisons! We also gotta get some veterans with great work ethics and character, and not knuckleheads (even if they're great centers!)

Last edited by LakerDynasty6.0 on Thu May 19, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
I live in the SF Bay area, so i can understand the local SF Bay Area infatuation with the Dubs, but I just can't understand the infatuation with the Dubs on this forum!

I hope we look at the process of build for GSW and its "timing" to see where we can place our Lakers. This is not to say that the Dubs had a great formula or an incredible GM, or even a long term coach (Mark Jackson?).. If anything they had a lot of luck... More importantly, I'd also urge us to remember all the jackass trades they made (David Lee anyone?) but also the ones that did pan out: e.g., Livingston

Warriors Timeline

Year WhoDeyDrafted WhoDatStudAt#1and#2 W Record Playoff?

2009 Curry #7 BlakeGriffin#1, HasheemThabeet#2 26-56 NO
2010 Ekpe Udoh #6 JohnWall#1, EvanTurner#2 36-46 NO
2011 Klay T #11 Kyrie#1, DerrickWilliams#2 23-43 NO
2012 None 1st round Unibrow#1, KiddGilchrist#2 47-35 Elite8
2013 Barnes#7,Ezili#30 Bennett#1, Oladipo#2 51-31 FirstROund
2014 None 67-15 O'Brien

Hindsight is 20/20... but at least our rebuild/draft includes a ton of great picks/

We can slot the Lakers rebuild starting 2014 (2014: Randle #7) but some would say, hey, he didn't play that year. Nevertheless, i'd still say the rebuild started 2014, due to Clarkson at #46 who did play that year.

The only dig against our rebuild is the 2 years we "wasted", not having good draft picks in 2012 and 2013 but hey, at least our picks are still playing in the NBA.

If we go with the Warriors timeline, the Lakers can hoist a 'Ship in 2020! Then you can really do these comparisons

Net net, we gotta give it TIME before we do these comparisons! We also gotta get some veterans with great work ethics and character, and not knuckleheads (even if they're great centers!)

How was the Lee trade bad? He was very productive for them as they rose from crap to a quality team. They gave up all of Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Randolph and Kelenna Azubuike.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Warriors Timeline

2014 None 67-15 O'Brien

How was the Lee trade bad? He was very productive for them as they rose from crap to a quality team. They gave up all of Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Randolph and Kelenna Azubuike.

Two words: Cap Space! Once they realized they had something good, they dropped Lee like a hot potato!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Warriors Timeline

2014 None 67-15 O'Brien

Two words: Cap Space! Once they realized they had something good, they dropped Lee like a hot potato!

they needed to make room for Draymond to blossom (save money in the process)
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Warriors Timeline

2014 None 67-15 O'Brien

Maybe the Lakers do that with DeRozan down the road.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Warriors Timeline

2014 None 67-15 O'Brien

Right but they didn't need the cap space back then, not like they were going to attract studs. When they could get a good FA, iggy, they dumped other guys and not Lee. He put up great production and was an all star in 2013 as GS was rising.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Warriors Timeline

2014 None 67-15 O'Brien

I'm good with Demar Derozen being a home boy, from Compton, no less. He's probably "David Lee" good, But man, is he really the best option? I'm thinking he's probably at best "ceballos good".
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Warriors Timeline

2014 None 67-15 O'Brien

they needed to make room for Draymond to blossom (save money in the process)

Something happening 5 years into the future doesn't make it a bad trade/signing. Lee's production helped GS get back to the playoffs in 2013 (when he was an all-star).
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Warriors Timeline

2014 None 67-15 O'Brien

Exactly. Derozan can be our Lee. Put up great production, help get a winning culture back, be an exciting player that can get to an All-Star game. And if need be when the time is right, we can trade him.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: gsw picks vs. lal picks

nomoreshaq wrote:
if you had to quantify a player's draft pick "worth", how would you do so? *LAL picks have incomplete ratings but if you had to reasonably project.

curry (10/10)
klay (9/10)
barnes (8/10)
ezeli (7/10)
green (9/10)

randle (8/10)
clarkson (8/10)
nance (7/10)
dlo (9/10)
ingraham/simmons (9/10) --> totally a guess

If nothing else, I really admire your enthusiasm OP. It's better than reading Lakers hater and uneducated morons on other websites and forums calling DLO a snitch and a bust and automatically saying who ever Philly gets will be a star and who ever we get will be terrible.
FromTheWestSideWithLove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject:

with your projections, we are going to be a dynasty. I believe.

- G.O.A.T.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

The lakers papers are so overrated in this thread. They are almost al 1st and. 2nd year babies.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: