Woman Accosted In Walmart Bathroom After Being Mistaken As Transgender
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Woman Accosted In Walmart Bathroom After Being Mistaken As Transgender

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/woman-allegedly-mistaken-as-transgender_us_573b3f95e4b0ef86171c1762

GOP doing good job in breeding hate and intolerance.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject:

A slightly more upscale incident at Target:

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Woman Accosted In Walmart Bathroom After Being Mistaken As Transgender

Fallout wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/woman-allegedly-mistaken-as-transgender_us_573b3f95e4b0ef86171c1762

GOP doing good job in breeding hate and intolerance.

You know, I take their side and all, it's just not an issue that bothers me one iota, but that first picture looks like she's doing an SNL Pat pose. Pat Riley... I have to think SNL would like to get Julia Sweeney back just to do a bit on this STOOPID issue.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject:

The truly sad part of of it all is that there is no dialing this back.

It's not like when Trump is defeated that all these scumbags are going to crawl back under their rocks.

The Repugnicans have taught their masses that bigotry is totally acceptable and their minions have embraced the message.

That isn't going away anytime soon.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject:

Maybe they confused her for Michael Moore?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject:

Our society needs more bathroom and hall monitors.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I have no doubt I've used a restroom, spoke to, ate at a lunch counter, swam, interacted with a transgender and didn't know he/she was transgender. As long as there are no attempts for a personal relationship I accept who they are.

Are homophobic people insecure with their own sexuality?

LINK

Quote:
"Sometimes people are threatened by gays and lesbians because they are fearing their own impulses, in a sense they 'doth protest too much,'" Ryan told LiveScience. "In addition, it appears that sometimes those who would oppress others have been oppressed themselves, and we can have some compassion for them too, they may be unaccepting of others because they cannot be accepting of themselves."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I have no doubt I've used a restroom, spoke to, ate at a lunch counter, swam, interacted with a transgender and didn't know he/she was transgender. As long as there are no attempts for a personal relationship I accept who they are.

On your part or their's?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
jodeke wrote:

On your part or their's?

Well said.

That comment is right up there with "I'm not a racist, but . . ."
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Target manager records his own rebuke

These people are god damned buffoons and I'm ashamed to have to call them countrymen.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
jodeke wrote:

On your part or their's?

Their's. I've been approached by homosexuals. I politely declined the invitation.

Have you ever been approached?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
jodeke wrote:

On your part or their's?

Their's. I've been approached by homosexuals. I politely declined the invitation.

Sure, yes, but who cares? I'm not attracted to men, so I politely declined. I've yet to be approached by a transgender person, but I'm sure that would be a different story as I'm attracted to females, not men. If she was attractive enough to me, who knows? I'm not judgmental. I'd totally date a transgender woman if we hit it off. She's female after all.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
jodeke wrote:

On your part or their's?

Sure, yes, but who cares? I'm not attracted to men, so I politely declined. I've yet to be approached by a transgender person, but I'm sure that would be a different story as I'm attracted to females, not men. If she was attractive enough to me, who knows? I'm not judgmental. I'd totally date a transgender woman if we hit it off. She's female after all.

I don't care either. Same as you I politely declined. I don't know how I'd react if I was approached by a transgender if I knew they were transgender.

To be honest I think I could be friends, I don't think I could be Intimate.

gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

There's a very clear line between tolerance and forcing acceptance upon others. You could argue that the latter are being intolerant.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
jodeke wrote:

On your part or their's?

I don't care either. Same as you I politely declined. I don't know how I'd react if I was approached by a transgender if I knew they were transgender.

That's very different than saying you'd want no personal relationship at all.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Target manager records his own rebuke

These people are god damned buffoons and I'm ashamed to have to call them countrymen.

Saddest part is he a parent, influencing his kids with that vile way of thinking and ignorance.

This notion that transgender access is the same as supporting pedophiles is completely idiotic.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
jodeke wrote:

On your part or their's?

Personal is different. My original intentions weren't very clear. I meant intimate.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat May 21, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
There's a very clear line between tolerance and forcing acceptance upon others. You could argue that the latter are being intolerant.

There's nothing about bathroom policies that is "forcing acceptance" on anyone.

It's not about forcing acceptance. It's about providing equality. Transgender bathroom policies don't force acceptance anymore than saying black people shouldn't be barred from sharing restrooms with white people did a half century ago.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
gng930 wrote:

It's not about forcing acceptance. It's about providing equality. Transgender bathroom policies don't force acceptance anymore than saying black people shouldn't be barred from sharing restrooms with white people did a half century ago.

Sorry, I was trying to avoid a quote train. This was in reference to the exchange that was occurring above my post. I don't think people should be criticized for being uncomfortable about having an intimate relationship with a transgender person.

As jodeke said, he/she would tolerate, even befriend, a transgender person. I thought it was wrong for DuncanIdaho to consider someone judgmental for not wanting to be in an intimate relationship with a transgender person. To me, that is also intolerance.

For the record, I'm heterosexual but fully support legalized gay marriage and transgender rights.

Last edited by gng930 on Sat May 21, 2016 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
jodeke wrote:

On your part or their's?

Personal is different. My original intentions weren't very clear. I meant intimate.

Which is encouraging to hear.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Sorry, I was trying to avoid a quote train. This was in reference to the exchange that was occurring above my post. I don't think people should be criticized for being uncomfortable about having an intimate relationship with a transgender person.

As jodeke said, he/she would tolerate, even befriend, a transgender person. I thought it was wrong for DuncanIdaho to consider someone judgmental for not wanting to be in an intimate relationship with a transgender person. To me, that is also intolerance.

Ah! OK.

I don't think DI's point was that straight people were bigoted for not wanting to consider entering an intimate relationship with a gay or transgender person. I think he was reacting to what I also perceived as an unwillingness to have any kind of interpersonal relationship at all.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I'd love for someone to give me (bleep) about being in the women's room, so I can have the privilege of laughing right in their moronic face. Believe me, I'll enjoy myself.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I'd love for someone to give me (bleep) about being in the women's room, so I can have the privilege of laughing right in their moronic face. Believe me, I'll enjoy myself.

WOW! That post begs to query. Are you transgender?

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Yes
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Yes

Thanks. Gives me a new level of respect for your posts on the subject.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: