Woman Accosted In Walmart Bathroom After Being Mistaken As Transgender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Discrimination, much like racism has been redefined in our society. We are now racists for hating religious fanaticism. We are now bigots for not wanting to cater to lifestyles.

We have tree hugging, hippies who scream at the greed for changing the environment and scream that nature needs to be left alone. Yet, they scream for a man who now wants to, all of a sudden, cut his pecker off and become a woman.

Gimme a break. Pick one or go away. Enough of the explaining (bleep) the way it works in your own head.

Huh

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Discrimination, much like racism has been redefined in our society. We are now racists for hating religious fanaticism. We are now bigots for not wanting to cater to lifestyles.

We have tree hugging, hippies who scream at the greed for changing the environment and scream that nature needs to be left alone. Yet, they scream for a man who now wants to, all of a sudden, cut his pecker off and become a woman.

Gimme a break. Pick one or go away. Enough of the explaining (bleep) the way it works in your own head.

Huh

Hi.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Eleven states have filed a lawsuit against the Obama administration in response to its directive that public schools allow students to use the bathroom that corresponds to their gender identity.

The plaintiffs suing the Department of Justice and the Department of Education include: Texas, Alabama, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Utah, Georgia, the governor of Maine and the Arizona Department of Education.

"We are suing to keep the federal government out of our children's locker rooms and restrooms," David Thweatt, superintendent of Harrold Independent School District in Texas, said at a news conference. He and state Attorney General Ken Paxton said the Harrold school district decided to adopt its own bathroom policy to protect students' privacy — a policy Paxton said is at odds with federal guidelines.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, says the federal government has "conspired to turn workplaces and educational settings across the country into laboratories for a massive social experiment, flouting the democratic process, and running roughshod over commonsense policies protecting children and basic privacy rights."

The federal directive issued earlier this month reiterated the Obama administration's stance that gender identity is included in federal law that bans sex discrimination in public schools. Schools risk losing federal funding if they do not comply with that law, called Title IX.

As we reported in April, "In 2015, the Department of Education issued a memo saying that when a school decides to treat students differently on the basis of sex, it 'generally must treat transgender students consistent with their gender identity.' "

Wednesday's lawsuit argues that Congress' understanding of " 'sex,' as a protected class, refers only to one's biological sex, as male or female, and not the radical re-authoring of the term now being foisted upon Americans."

11 States Sue To Prevent the Freedom To Poop

There is a potential for the Law of Unintended Consequences to come bite these whackos in the arse and it's obvious they're not even capable of understanding it. Gee Whiz. Now folks can't even poop in peace without some nutjobs wanting to regulate bodily waste. Yeah, once again the "Small Govt Types" seek to expand government's reach. They weren't satisfied with trying to bring government into the bedroom. Now they want government in the bathroom as well. Next they'll try to regulate which hand a boy uses while he urinates. "Gotta use the Left hand because the right is the sacred flag hand".
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Hello. How do you equate racism with your comparisons? If you will, please elaborate.

Full Definition of racism

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
: racial prejudice or discrimination
racist play \-sist also -shist\ noun or adjective

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Hello. How do you equate racism with your comparisons? If you will, please elaborate.

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Well, if we are going by the definition of racism from the dictionary, than my point is enhanced, greatly.

Some people are angry at folks who equate a few Muslims who want to destroy us, to all Muslims being in the same trough. Yet, you have those same people who equate every Conservative as a white Republican, trump supporter.

Hypocrisy is the driving force on my opinions of things in the world. Lots of glass house owners who like to throw stones.

The definition of racism is when you dislike someone because of their race and nothing else. Slowly, racism started penetrating everything in life that you do not agree with. And then the news media took hold of it and continues to ride it like a infinite wave.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Well, if we are going by the definition of racism from the dictionary, than my point is enhanced, greatly.

Some people are angry at folks who equate a few Muslims who want to destroy us, to all Muslims being in the same trough. Yet, you have those same people who equate every Conservative as a white Republican, trump supporter.

Hypocrisy is the driving force on my opinions of things in the world. Lots of glass house owners who like to throw stones.

The definition of racism is when you dislike someone because of their race and nothing else. Slowly, racism started penetrating everything in life that you do not agree with. And then the news media took hold of it and continues to ride it like a infinite wave.

By the definition of racism from Websters how is your point greatly enhanced?

Your way of thinking says if you say potatoes and I say patatoes racism can be injected as a reason? Right?

Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Your way of thinking says if you say potatoes and I say patatoes racism can be injected as a reason? Right?

My way of thinking has nothing to do with it. It's what it is.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Really? That's what spawns my confusion. What is it? How do you correlate racism with transgender? If you will, please elaborate.

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Man gets beat up for taking his 5 year old daughter into the mens' restroom

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39912485&nid=148
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Really? That's what spawns my confusion. What is it? How do you correlate racism with transgender? If you will, please elaborate.

I'm confused myself. If you hate a religion now, you are considered racist. You hate a he-she, you are racist or bigoted or whatever.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

I think it was more about his ambiguous look. We must band together and fight the evil doers.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

No, his intention was wrong too, idiots.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

I'm confused myself. If you hate a religion now, you are considered racist. You hate a he-she, you are racist or bigoted or whatever.

If you hate a religion, that doesn't make you racist, but if you hate transpeople, that does make you a bigot.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

If you hate a religion, that doesn't make you racist, but if you hate transpeople, that does make you a bigot.

Again, that's been my point. And hate is a strong word. Just because someone does not want to hang around a particular lifestyle doesn't make them a bigot.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Again, that's been my point. And hate is a strong word. Just because someone does not want to hang around a particular lifestyle doesn't make them a bigot.

Well, hate was the operative word.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Well, hate was the operative word.

It's ok. I forgive you. Just try not to make that mistake again.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Actually on this matter Oliver Reed is correct. You're making the same mistake that far too many Americans make. Americans have great difficulty in discerning the difference between racism, prejudice, and bigotry. In truth, there are exceedingly few racists in America today, nor in much of the world. It's one of the human maladies we've had great success in closing in on eradication as a species. Sadly, the world is still chalk full of people with a myriad of prejudices, and many let their prejudices find them driven to engage in bigotry. So Oliver Reed is correct in expressing frustration with the ease that many incorrectly label Bigots as Racists since they are tangibly different creatures. It unfortunately does nothing to help the confusion when Bigots don't define themselves as such when they are defending against being incorrectly called a racist.

A simple

"I'm not a Racist, but rather a person with prejudices that are strong enough to drive me to Bigotry"

would do wonder towards the end of helping folks understand the difference between racist and bigots, but not admitting bigotry is completely understandable. Most folks don't desire to be marked with a societal Scarlet S, so just like a Pedo isn't keen to admit he's a Pedo, neither is a Bigot keen to admit he's a bigot. Especially in America where so few seem to be able to discern the difference between a racist and a bigot and just end up lumping them together.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

What pisses me off is when people are like "I'm not a racist because of X technicality" and act as if that makes them any less of a douchebag, when all they've done is the linguistic equivalent of robbing Peter to pay Paul. So you've swapped one label that's still equally as doucebagish as the other. Congrats, I guess?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:

For the record, these folks are considered bigots when they DO desire to cater to a lifestyle they are comfortable with but then not cater to another lifestyle.

As in what's being discussed now - the Restroom issue. When a business owner decides to offer separate male and female restroom, he is catering to the lifestyle choices of his patrons. To not cater would be to simply offer a single restroom to his patrons. Now these business owners happen to be comfortable with the lifestyle that separates where people perform the same function,but let's be clear - THAT is a lifestyle choice on their part.

Problems arise when one desires to start discriminating BETWEEN lifestyle choices and then start treating people differently base on whether or not he as an individual happens to agree with their lifestyle choice. That's why unisex restrooms are safest. They don't require an owner to pay deference to anyone's lifestyle choices. They instead treat everyone the same by offering up the same facilities to all to use in the same manner. No discrimination against men, women, races, or identities.

Some guys with small peckers avoid using public restrooms out of fear someone will see their small pecker. This fear is due to the fact that most business owners currently choose to discriminate between men and women in the way they construct their restrooms. They offer men unshielded urinals or troughs, whereas they offer women private stalls. These small peckered men would not have to fear public restrooms if they too were offered individual stalls like women are.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

For the record, these folks are considered bigots when they DO desire to cater to a lifestyle they are comfortable with but then not cater to another lifestyle.

As in what's being discussed now - the Restroom issue. When a business owner decides to offer separate male and female restroom, he is catering to the lifestyle choices of his patrons. To not cater would be to simply offer a single restroom to his patrons. Now these business owners happen to be comfortable with the lifestyle that separates where people perform the same function,but let's be clear - THAT is a lifestyle choice on their part.

Problems arise when one desires to start discriminating BETWEEN lifestyle choices and then start treating people differently base on whether or not he as an individual happens to agree with their lifestyle choice. That's why unisex restrooms are safest. They don't require an owner to pay deference to anyone's lifestyle choices. They instead treat everyone the same by offering up the same facilities to all to use in the same manner. No discrimination against men, women, races, or identities.

Some guys with small peckers avoid using public restrooms out of fear someone will see their small pecker. This fear is due to the fact that most business owners currently choose to discriminate between men and women in the way they construct their restrooms. They offer men unshielded urinals or troughs, whereas they offer women private stalls. These small peckered men would not have to fear public restrooms if they too were offered individual stalls like women are.

Very well said.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
What pisses me off is when people are like "I'm not a racist because of X technicality" and act as if that makes them any less of a douchebag, when all they've done is the linguistic equivalent of robbing Peter to pay Paul. So you've swapped one label that's still equally as doucebagish as the other. Congrats, I guess?

As I stated, it would be great if Bigots said:

"I'm not a Racist, but rather a person with prejudices that are strong enough to drive me to Bigotry"

But I think it's pretty reasonable to see why they don't admit it. It's a societal Scarlet S that's almost as bad as being a Racist. Hence the fall back to semantics.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

Listen to Aussiesuede. He puts it perfectly. Salute.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Huh

Hi.

Actually on this matter Oliver Reed is correct. You're making the same mistake that far too many Americans make. Americans have great difficulty in discerning the difference between racism, prejudice, and bigotry. In truth, there are exceedingly few racists in America today, nor in much of the world. It's one of the human maladies we've had great success in closing in on eradication as a species. Sadly, the world is still chalk full of people with a myriad of prejudices, and many let their prejudices find them driven to engage in bigotry. So Oliver Reed is correct in expressing frustration with the ease that many incorrectly label Bigots as Racists since they are tangibly different creatures. It unfortunately does nothing to help the confusion when Bigots don't define themselves as such when they are defending against being incorrectly called a racist.

A simple

would do wonder towards the end of helping folks understand the difference between racist and bigots, but not admitting bigotry is completely understandable. Most folks don't desire to be marked with a societal Scarlet S, so just like a Pedo isn't keen to admit he's a Pedo, neither is a Bigot keen to admit he's a bigot. Especially in America where so few seem to be able to discern the difference between a racist and a bigot and just end up lumping them together.

First let me defend America. You seem to believe we have the market on the misconception. It's not indigenous to America. Dare I say some Canadians are guilty of the same. I'm an American and know the difference between bigotry and racism as do the great majority of my country men.

I can side with OR on bigotry not on labeling one a racist because he/she doesn't believe a person who wishes to release his/her inner feelings and be seen and accepted as what he/she chooses to be.

I don't consider people of that ilk to be racist, I think them intolerant to change if that change is not within their parameters of right and wrong. Race is about race not sexual choice.

Would you consider a person a racist who changes his/her religious belief from Catholicism to Judaism?

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

First let me defend America. You seem to believe we have the market on the misconception. It's not indigenous to America. Dare I say some Canadians are guilty of the same.

Canadians lack the capacity to even understand racism in the first place, so it's impossible for us to make the distinction between racism and bigotry. Even though our brothers to the south have spent over 300 years trying to teach us, our little Canadian brains are just too stupid to understand the concept.

jodeke wrote:
I'm an American and know the difference between bigotry and racism as do the great majority of my country men.

Sure you are. I'm going to need to see a passport or other proof of citizenship!

jodeke wrote:
Would you consider a person a racist who changes his/her religious belief from Catholicism to Judaism?

Nah, I just consider them all children playing with their invisible friend! Catholics? Jews? Muslims? They're all the same. One just likes playing with Barbie, another with GI Joe, and another with Transformers. Going from one religion to another is just re-positioning inside the sandbox.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject:

@Aussiesuede
Quotes taking to much page space. I eliminated them.

Quote:
Canadians lack the capacity to even understand racism in the first place, so it's impossible for us to make the distinction between racism and bigotry. Even though our brothers to the south have spent over 300 years trying to teach us, our little Canadian brains are just too stupid to understand the concept.

LINK

Quote:
Sure you are. I'm going to need to see a passport or other proof of citizenship!

LINK Donald Trump approves this post.

Quote:
Nah, I just consider them all children playing with their invisible friend! Catholics? Jews? Muslims? They're all the same. One just likes playing with Barbie, another with GI Joe, and another with Transformers. Going from one religion to another is just re-positioning inside the sandbox.

LINK .... Beelzebub Awaits You

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: