What musicals do you like?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: What musicals do you like?

I'm not one who likes musicals. I think songs are more an interruption when they're preformed, kill the flow.

Thinking about those I liked, Annie, Porgy and Bess didn't seem like interruption, they seemed to fit the mood.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject:

The marriage of figaro. I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
The marriage of figaro. I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream.

Though they are I don't think of operas as musicals.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What musicals do you like?

jodeke wrote:
I'm not one who likes musicals. I think songs are more an interruption when they're preformed, kill the flow.

Thinking about those I liked, Annie, Porgy and Bess didn't seem like interruption, they seemed to fit the mood.

What kind of musical theatre was Seneca the Younger into when you guys were kids down by the aqueduct?

But seriously, does The Lion King count? Les Mis?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject:

All That Jazz
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Westside Story
Grease
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What musicals do you like?

the association wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What kind of musical theatre was Seneca the Younger into when you guys were kids down by the aqueduct?

They do. The smart ass preface says a lot about you and it's not good. You're not privy to the chosen few.

the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What musicals do you like?

jodeke wrote:
the association wrote:
jodeke wrote:

They do. Though the smart ass preface says a lot about you and it's not good. You're not privy to the chosen few.

Oh, no ... apologies for stepping into the bucket. My bad ...
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject:

none, i cant stand them.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

I guess I just miss my friend.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject:

L'Elisir d'Amore
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Little Shop of Horrors
Hair
Jesus Christ Superstar
Chorus Line
American Idiot
The Producers
Phantom
Rent
Hairspray

All enjoyable
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I haven't seen a ton. But I'm an Avenue Q nut.

I liked Book of Mormon, though not as much as so many. Liked AQ a lot more.

And Hamilton......well, maybe when I get a ticket in 20 years I can judge.

Did like In the Heights too, by Lin-Manuel Miranda but part of that too is that when I first moved to Inwood, he was putting up flyers in a cafe where we were eating for one of his productions; so the local boy makes good angle probably made me more eager to like something.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: