Laker Film Room - Transition Principles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Awesome vid GT! Somehow didn't expect you to sound like that though

All GT posts from now on will be read in that voice
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Seems to me like that offense created some easier opportunities for it's players. The Lakers became spoiled by Kobe in his prime, he hardly needed an offensive system, just get him the ball and stay out of his way.

But right now, we don't even have a pecking order and we need a system that will allow these guys to score.

I would like to see us draft Ingram and get a faster center who can score from the freethrow line in. He doesn't have to be a great 3 pt shooter, I don't think. Ingram, DLO and Clarkson have to be able to hit outside shots and be threat to drive, which they all are.

Get a decent center and a couple of years to play together and I like that team. Unfortunately, Simmons doesn't give us the same offense. He is basically another Randle, perhaps better but still the same. Maybe he can be our fast center??? Not sure he can play enough D to make that work.

But with Simmons we ONLY have 2 outside shooters, you stop one of them and it's over. You need 3 shooters or more on the floor all the time, IMHO.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject:

Awesome awesome awesome video! Was a true joy to watch! looking forward to more breakdowns in the future!
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

really good video GT looking forward to seeing more breakdowns. i will be subscribing.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Good stuff GT
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject:

This video was dope. Good stuff GT hope you keep posting them
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Really great video. A consistent theme was "move the ball until we get a good shot", I hope Luke can teach our guys when to make the extra pass and when to take the shot. I think we only had one guy(Russell) who consistently recognized that last year. Hopefully the other guys on the roster can improve in that sense.

I'm gonna get more into this when I make the half court offense video, but there are some rules & structure that you can put in place to help with this. Not everyone has to have great court vision to play this style, and I think most players can work within it if they follow a couple of principles.

In terms of fitting the GS principles to the Laker roster strengths, can I opine that Russell's prowess on the block and/or mid-post should be incorporated? Dump it into the post for a five count by a big might be dead, but get a guy that can catch it on the move in an advanced position while having an elite ability to facilitate/pass is an offensive sledgehammer.

Maybe that would be more of a triangle set I guess.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Someone forward this thread to the Warriors players, they need a pick me up.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Really great video. A consistent theme was "move the ball until we get a good shot", I hope Luke can teach our guys when to make the extra pass and when to take the shot. I think we only had one guy(Russell) who consistently recognized that last year. Hopefully the other guys on the roster can improve in that sense.

I'm gonna get more into this when I make the half court offense video, but there are some rules & structure that you can put in place to help with this. Not everyone has to have great court vision to play this style, and I think most players can work within it if they follow a couple of principles.

In terms of fitting the GS principles to the Laker roster strengths, can I opine that Russell's prowess on the block and/or mid-post should be incorporated? Dump it into the post for a five count by a big might be dead, but get a guy that can catch it on the move in an advanced position while having an elite ability to facilitate/pass is an offensive sledgehammer.

Maybe that would be more of a triangle set I guess.

They run some Triangle sets (on the strong side at least) with Split Cuts & even some Elbow Series stuff where Russell in the low post or high post would make a ton of sense.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject:

They have a few misc. post sets but they will also let Livingston just walk it down into the post in early offense (keeping with the thread theme) and go to work. I think Luke will just swap Livingston with Russell and roll out those options when we have a size mismatch.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

That will be sweet. DeRozan also has great footwork on the post. If you have those two at the guard position opponents will have a hard time playing shorter guards
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the video and break down GT. That's pretty cool! Do you think when the season starts, you'll have time and want to break down some of the actual games from time to time?
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Great job GT!

Looking forward to a lot more videos.

Will you be doing a video on their defensive schemes as well?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
Thanks for the video and break down GT. That's pretty cool! Do you think when the season starts, you'll have time and want to break down some of the actual games from time to time?

Yeah, this is something that I'm hoping to do throughout the year. Once this Luke to the Lakers series is done, the next one will be on how whomever we draft will fit in, then one on Summer League, then Free Agents, and then the preseason.

It will probably be too time consuming to do one on every game, but I might do a "Week in Review" type of thing.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
Great job GT!

Looking forward to a lot more videos.

Will you be doing a video on their defensive schemes as well?

Yes, although the timing on that isn't great right now considering the OKC series.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: