The warriors are at their "Horry moment".
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: The warriors are at their "Horry moment".

The warriors are basically at the point the Lakers were at, down 2-1 to the Kings. Trying to repeat. Will they need an Horry moment? We shall see.

[edit]
For that matter, the Thunder are at the Kings moment. This is a bad spot. If they lose in devastating fashion to the Warriors now, that will be the end of this Thunder team possibly. Kings never ever recovered from that shot.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I don't see why it's a bad thing that the OKC are in the "Kings" situation.
Even if they lose game 4, they still have a chance to win two more games.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject:

It won't break my heart if they fail to get into the Finals...!
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Kings did recover after Horry's shot in Game 4, Stern had the zebras out in full force for Game 5 to minimize the trauma with a gift.

Curry will need to play like a (bleep) MVP to send this into a best of 3.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Kings did recover after Horry's shot in Game 4, Stern had the zebras out in full force for Game 5 to minimize the trauma with a gift.

Curry will need to play like a (bleep) MVP to send this into a best of 3.

I love that game. Vlade and Scot Pollard suddenly and miraculously turned into capable defenders on Shaq who were able to defend him without fouling, for the first time in any of their respective careers.

Coincidentally, Shaq also completely forgot how to defend the paint in that game and couldn't defend Vlade and slashers like Peja and Mike Bibby without fouling.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject:

How great would it be (ignoring the FA implications) if OKC won it all.

Take down:
1) 73 win team
2) 67 Win team
3) Reigning repeat MVP Curry
4) Former MVP elBJ in his 6th Finals in a row

Could get interesting for once.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject:

Even better raptors over thunder
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Best case scenario!
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

These Western Conference streets are not kind. You have to be really REALLY great (and maybe even a little bit lucky) to even SEE the Finals 2 years in a row, much less repeat.

Unlike that other Conference with the magic carpet ride for...
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
These Western Conference streets are not kind. You have to be really REALLY great (and maybe even a little bit lucky) or, the Lakers to even SEE the Finals 2 years in a row, much less repeat.

Unlike that other Conference with the magic carpet ride for...

fixed.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Best case scenario!

exactly. go raptors.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject:

well, the warriors are doing a good job with their horry moment. down by almost 20, just like the Lakers.
Loving this, of course.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
K2 wrote:

I love that game. Vlade and Scot Pollard suddenly and miraculously turned into capable defenders on Shaq who were able to defend him without fouling, for the first time in any of their respective careers.

Coincidentally, Shaq also completely forgot how to defend the paint in that game and couldn't defend Vlade and slashers like Peja and Mike Bibby without fouling.

Yeah, especially that fourth quarter, it was unbelievable. Shaq fouled out and didn't even get a shot off. Can't give enough credit to the 8 vs 5 Sac defense.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Good job good effort by the Warriors, n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶u̶g̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶c̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶C̶u̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶3̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ it was nice to get 73 wins this season.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Best case scenario!

exactly. go raptors.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The warriors are at their "Horry moment".

SuperboyReformed wrote:
The warriors are basically at the point the Lakers were at, down 2-1 to the Kings. Trying to repeat. Will they need an Horry moment? We shall see.

[edit]
For that matter, the Thunder are at the Kings moment. This is a bad spot. If they lose in devastating fashion to the Warriors now, that will be the end of this Thunder team possibly. Kings never ever recovered from that shot.

Maybe I'm nitpicky but he Kings did recover and had a great year the following season but Webber was injured against Dallas and that probably changed the series. Not sure the Kings would have beaten the Spurs in the next round though. Too bad that series never happened.

And the Lakers were sweeping the West during the repeat, and later beat the Sixers four times in a row. It wasn't until the 3-peat when the Horry shot was needed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Good job good effort by the Warriors, n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶u̶g̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶c̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶C̶u̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶3̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ it was nice to get 73 wins this season.

lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
K2 wrote:

y'all just mean

Can we get a lilard > curry thread bump plz.
Vino24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

if thunder win it all and cavs beat raptors:

1) Westbrook beats kwahi
2) Westbrook beats Curry
3) Westbrook beats Lebron

All 3 were ahead of him in MVP voting. Talk about proving a point that he should have been MVP after being the first player since Oscar to almost average a triple double and having the most triple doubles in a season in recent memory. He never gets his share of praise but to me westbrook is the better player over curry simply because he plays both ends. Curry is one side of the court player and if you body him up his shot wont fall and he is a liability on the court.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject:

Vino24 wrote:

1) Westbrook beats kwahi
2) Westbrook beats Curry

All 3 were ahead of him in MVP voting. Talk about proving a point that he should have been MVP after being the first player since Oscar to almost average a triple double and having the most triple doubles in a season in recent memory. He never gets his share of praise but to me westbrook is the better player over curry simply because he plays both ends. Curry is one side of the court player and if you body him up his shot wont fall and he is a liability on the court.

MVP is a regular season award. What you do in the post season doesn't matter.

Even if Westbrook runs the table in the post season, won't change the fact that Curry deserved to be unanimous MVP for the regular season.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Vino24 wrote:

1) Westbrook beats kwahi
2) Westbrook beats Curry

that's what happens when someone is clearly overhyped. one cannot get overhyped without someone else being underhyped. and in this case it was westbrook. actually, all three of those guys are overhyped. lebron was massively overhyped until curry. then curry got super massively overhyped. then while that was going on, kawhi started to be overhyped. after kawhi, i think they tried overhyping green for a while, especially after kawhi 4 mvp campaign began.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Vino24 wrote:

1) Westbrook beats kwahi
2) Westbrook beats Curry

MVP is a regular season award. What you do in the post season doesn't matter.

Even if Westbrook runs the table in the post season, won't change the fact that Curry deserved to be unanimous MVP for the regular season.

Agreed. OKC had a stacked team including Kevin Durant. Durant actually had a higher player efficiency rating than Westbrook this season. I'm just saying Westbrook didn't lead a crappy team to 50 wins. Or a stacked team to 60. Let alone a stacked team to 73.

OKC had 55 wins and the 4th best record in the NBA. And you look at someone like CP3 and the Clippers who were only 2 games behind. Blake missed most of the season and CP3 still had the Clippers competitive.

OKC had been winning around 60 games per season when Durant and Westbrook are healthy. They had a relatively injury free season to their core. If you are judged by your wins and losses while factoring in the team you have around you then OKC might have underachieved during the regular season.

The playoff success is more important but if you are talking about MVP and the regular season you can't just erase what Curry and the Warriors did.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject:

This is uncharted territory for GSW. They have been frontrunning for the last 2 years, and this is the first time they have faced a team that has a real chance of beating them, and now they are being severely tested mentally and spiritually. Maybe Steph Curry is more of a frontrunner than a Jordan/Kobe type who relishes pressure and being the underdog.

On the other hand, what OKC has done is remarkable. In just the last few weeks they have gone from a total dark horse contender to looking like the best team remaining in the playoffs. Mentally they have undergone a total transformation. This is a study in how the mental intangibles separate the champions from the mere superstars.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
This is uncharted territory for GSW. They have been frontrunning for the last 2 years, and this is the first time they have faced a team that has a real chance of beating them, and now they are being severely tested mentally and spiritually. Maybe Steph Curry is more of a frontrunner than a Jordan/Kobe type who relishes pressure and being the underdog.

That would be a more reasonable theory if Curry were healthy, but he's not. I don't think you can fairly pile all these mental/spirituallyissues on him without at least acknowledging he has an injured knee that is apparently a big, big part of his lackluster play of late.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:

That would be a more reasonable theory if Curry were healthy, but he's not. I don't think you can fairly pile all these mental/spirituallyissues on him without at least acknowledging he has an injured knee that is apparently a big, big part of his lackluster play of late.

I don't think Curry is really that injured. He's played well often enough since coming back in the Portland series. No one is truly "healthy" at this point of the season. Looking at his body language in Game 4, it seems like he has totally lost his swag. I'm starting to think that he's the kind of player who thrives off positive energy instead of thriving off adversity. Not necessarily a bad thing, but this can be a great learning experience for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: