Kobe >>>>> Steph.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
I like how the OP didn't mention the 04' finals.

Kobe: 22.6pts/2.8rbs/4.4ast

On 38.1% shooting and 17.4% from 3.

This was when he was already one of the best in the league and had 3 championships. Curry wins 1 ring and 2 mvps chucking 3pts and the whole board stinks of his farts.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
MAN! Where is Postnpivot, dude was glowing with that tinfoil hat. Miss that guy.

Pnp was a blabbering bigot and LG is better without him.

His post about playing dudes at the Rec center were awesome.

Hoopla
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I love my Lakers but we really do have the most insecure fan base generally speaking. Why?
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

both are great players. but i clearly know who i will pick if i needed someone to lead me in a battle with odds stacked against us.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject:

curry's success relies on a bunch of things.
--a team full of people that can knock the 3pointer reliably. one of them is as good as him.
--multi-skilled big man who is mvp caliber.
--a system running super smooth
--large leads
--no contact

a kink in any of these and curry is not great anymore. if his teammates dont hit their open threes, then curry is no more.
if green doesn't perform optimally, curry is no more.
if the system malfunctions even the slightest...turnovers, bad shots, chaos, etc. curry is no more.
if the team has to really fight through adversity for wins...curry is no more.
if you can play just a little rough, or crowd curry, he is no more.

okc is doing all of these things. we're seeing that curry is no more valuable than durant, westbrook, or green even. curry's success is extremely sensitive, because the long bomb is the main reason for his success. that shot is so sensitive to any little doubt or whatever.

watching all this go down is immensely satisfying.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
--a team full of people that can knock the 3pointer reliably. one of them is as good as him.
--large leads
--no contact

a kink in any of these and curry is not great anymore. if his teammates dont hit their open threes, then curry is no more.
if the system malfunctions even the slightest...turnovers, bad shots, chaos, etc. curry is no more.

okc is doing all of these things. we're seeing that curry is no more valuable than durant, westbrook, or green even. curry's success is extremely sensitive, because the long bomb is the main reason for his success. that shot is so sensitive to any little doubt or whatever.

Most of your insane rants have been demonstrably refuted by GT and other posters who don't have a blind spot for Kobe. Do you not think we are Kobe fans as well? Repeating it again and again doesn't make it true.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
--large leads
--no contact

I am not sure if I feel more satisfaction with being right about Curry or more frustration with fellow so-called Lakers fans who essentially have no idea what it means to be a Lakers fan. This is a different generation full of many options. These stupid advanced statistics are proof of it. There is always an alternative to keeping it simple now days just so everyone can feel like they are right.

PER/EFF/ BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH... Take that crap and throw it in the dumpster...

Can you hoop? That's the only stat I need.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Why hasn't this been moved to the Kobe P&M thread? It's exactly what this topic is.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
If I were older and on LG in 2004 (I was 6 then), I couldn't imagine the ramifications with Shaq and Phil gone, along with a disasterous NBA Finals. It'd be the chaos of last off season, multiplied by 1000

People were glad to see Phil go at that time. They wanted Shaq gone too, but weren't happy with what we were getting back.

I scrolled through the archives of LG and I saw tons of people hating on Lamar and looking at trade ideas every other week Were there some people who wanted Kobe gone rather than Shaq?

I came in 05 but, the board at times, I thought, was still divided between Shaq and Kobe fans. Alot of people here were still bitter that Kobe "drove Shaq away". It went away after that MLK game in 06.

Was that the game where Bynum dunked on Shaq?
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
If I were older and on LG in 2004 (I was 6 then), I couldn't imagine the ramifications with Shaq and Phil gone, along with a disasterous NBA Finals. It'd be the chaos of last off season, multiplied by 1000

People were glad to see Phil go at that time. They wanted Shaq gone too, but weren't happy with what we were getting back.

I scrolled through the archives of LG and I saw tons of people hating on Lamar and looking at trade ideas every other week Were there some people who wanted Kobe gone rather than Shaq?

I came in 05 but, the board at times, I thought, was still divided between Shaq and Kobe fans. Alot of people here were still bitter that Kobe "drove Shaq away". It went away after that MLK game in 06.

Was that the game where Bynum dunked on Shaq?

That's right.
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
If Steph can wreak havoc on the league for over a decade like Kobe did from 1999-2010, then I'll consider them similar.

This is the best quote of them all! It's amazing how the new era fan runs with the latest ESPN analytics and puts players in the same breath as ALL TIME GREATS. How about we let Steph's play over the next decade dictate where he belongs!
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I love my Lakers but we really do have the most insecure fan base generally speaking. Why?

We also have some of the most ungrateful fans (especially on this board) that go out of their way to diminish our players and prop up other players who haven't accomplished a fraction of the things.
JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

We also have some of the most ungrateful fans (especially on this board) that go out of their way to diminish our players and prop up other players who haven't accomplished a fraction of the things.

2nd best quote!!
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject:

quoted wrong post.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

being realistic = Curry worship & ungrateful of Kobe. This is one of the most ridiculous things ever written. For a lot of us here Kobe is our favorite player. Don't even say something so stupid again. Kobe had his faults as a player and its better for us to acknowledge them and watch him as he overcame those faults. Can we at least give Lebron/Curry the same courtesy? Is it too much to ask?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
MAN! Where is Postnpivot, dude was glowing with that tinfoil hat. Miss that guy.

Pnp was a blabbering bigot and LG is better without him.

Yeah, but the comedy value.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Did you read my post?

Staaahhpp it! We're better than this!
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

And we are the only fan base who continue to bash our hall of fame players. Right? Hey BTW where were you when Kobe scored 60 in his last game? Were you on vacation? Or perhaps it was too much for you to take seeing the player you loathe prove once again why he's a top ten all time player....
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Batguano wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

being realistic = Curry worship & ungrateful of Kobe. This is one of the most ridiculous things ever written. For a lot of us here Kobe is our favorite player. Don't even say something so stupid again. Kobe had his faults as a player and its better for us to acknowledge them and watch him as he overcame those faults. Can we at least give Lebron/Curry the same courtesy? Is it too much to ask?

How are you being realistic?
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
--large leads
--no contact

I am not sure if I feel more satisfaction with being right about Curry or more frustration with fellow so-called Lakers fans who essentially have no idea what it means to be a Lakers fan. This is a different generation full of many options. These stupid advanced statistics are proof of it. There is always an alternative to keeping it simple now days just so everyone can feel like they are right.

PER/EFF/ BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH... Take that crap and throw it in the dumpster...

Can you hoop? That's the only stat I need.

Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
Kobe was Mr. Conference Finals. They should rename it after him.

Time to take LG back. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a different board trolling.

Yep, because the heavy lifting was done in the WCF during the 3 peat days. Shaq rang up those Finals MVP's beating up on patsys.

Everyone with a brain knows this. However some of these so-called Laker fans on LG actually believe those were "Shaqs rings".
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

And we are the only fan base who continue to bash our hall of fame players. Right? Hey BTW where were you when Kobe scored 60 in his last game? Were you on vacation? Or perhaps it was too much for you to take seeing the player you loathe prove once again why he's a top ten all time player....

This guy gets it.

Some of you want to pretend that this type of thing didn't happen on LG on the regular for the past like 16+ years. And that it's just us "poor, paranoid, over-sensitive" Kobe "fanatics" making things up.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Team of the 80's wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

This guy gets it.

Some of you want to pretend that this type of thing didn't happen on LG on the regular for the past like 16+ years. And that it's just us "poor, paranoid, over-sensitive" Kobe "fanatics" making things up.

Some of these guys are still bitter that Dr. Buss chose Kobe over Shaq and have never forgiven Kobe for it. They root for the Lakers to win "their way" i.e. no Kobe ISO plays. I've battled plenty of them over the years over this nonsense.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
sogood. wrote:

He was pretty bad in those Finals. Shockingly, it did not serve as a referendum on his career. Great players lose.

To be fair, he did have the small nuisance of a sexual assault trial hanging over his head. Something I'd wager each and every LG'er would be curled up in a fetal position dealing with.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
sogood. wrote:

He was pretty bad in those Finals. Shockingly, it did not serve as a referendum on his career. Great players lose.

To be fair, he did have the small nuisance of a sexual assault trial hanging over his head. Something I'd wager each and every LG'er would be curled up in a fetal position dealing with.

Yeah, the man was facing 20+ years in federal prison yet still managed to drop over 20ppg and lead us to the finals.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 10 of 26
Jump to: