Kobe >>>>> Steph.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
activeverb wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Whats crazy is Westbrook was playing even crazier in the 2nd half of last season. If KD doesn't get hurt does GSW even win the title last year???

Well, you could just as easily ask if Curry didn't get hurt in April, would OKC still be up 3-1?

The woulda-coulda-shouldas go both ways

Kobe won a title in 2010 and his knees were basically done. There's a million players who played hurt in the playoffs and won

I'm fine with the attitude that injuries are part of the game -- but then don't minimize the Warriors accomplishments last year because their opponents were injured.

You can't have it both ways.

The opponents were injured and COULDNT PLAY. If Kyrie and Kevin love would've played and limped out there in the Finals and they lost I would've said GSW beat them at full strength. If you're on the court, no excuses IMO. KD, Kyrie, Kevin all were injured enough that they couldn't play at all. Steph is on the court.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Some players are better in the regular season than playoffs.

Kershaw on the Dodgers, Lebron, now I'm adding Steph to the list. Should've realized it after last years finals
Reminds me of MVP Nash. His defense just isn't good enough

Nah, Steph played absolutely incredible during last years playoffs putting up almost 30ppg. Even in the finals he only had 2 off games and ended the series avg 27ppg. This years playoffs I'll give the benefit of hurting his MCL and then his elbow.

Steph isn't the first player asked to perform at a high level despite injury in the playoffs.
That is kinda what separates the playoff greats from the non-playoff greats.
At this point in the season, most players are playing through nagging injuries. Durability and finding multiple ways to affect basketball games is key to any all-time greats playoff resume.

Kobe won championships with a broken hand.
When he couldn't hit a shot in game 7 against Boston, he dominated the boards and played excellent defense.

That's the problem with only being elite at 1 thing.
Curry lead the league in steals in the season, now in the Playoffs. Westbrook is getting more SPG than him. When WB shoots bad from the field, no biggie. He can still dominate with boards and assists (something he lead all PGs in during the season).

Dude, he's not playing that poorly though. He's played 8 playoff games this year and is putting up 24.5ppg/5.5rpg/5.5apg/45%fg/38% 3pt.

Last year in the playoffs he had 28/6/5 and was 1st in win shares and BPM

You're flat out wrong for trying to lump in Curry with other stars that shrunk in the playoffs.

he is not to his MVP standard for sure when GS needs him to play at that level to beat the Thunder.
Russell Westbrook outplayed him by a mile.
the thing about Curry is, he can only impact the game by scoring, and if he doesn't do that, they have no chance

He's not playing to his usual standards but he is more banged up than anyone out there right now.

Also I disagree with you last point. Curry is a very good passer and rebounds very well for the PG position as well as reading passing lanes. He's not a 1 dimensional scorer.

Yeah and Westbrook averaged 10 dimes and 8 boards and game. So Curry might be "very good" and "very well" but Russell is better than him at doing both. Curry is just the best pure shooter, and has been on an unbelievable hot streak the last few years. Thats it

I never said he's better than RW at those things but to say Curry is only a shooter that's been on a hot streak is the most ridiculous bull (bleep) Ive heard about a player. Curry does more than just shoot incredibly. Stop hating on the man. Yes, he's not Kobe who I believe is the GOAT but that doesn't mean Curry isn't a great overall player.
'

You're right Curry is a great overall player. Personally I've had at 3rd best in the league behind Bron and RW this year. So its not like I think he sucks. The hype was just out of this world and the arrogance from the GSW fans and owner was ridiculous as well.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
I like how the OP didn't mention the 04' finals.

Kobe: 22.6pts/2.8rbs/4.4ast

On 38.1% shooting and 17.4% from 3.

i like how you didn't mention Kobe was on trial for rape that whole season, he was fighting for his life freedom and his numbers in general were down that year because of all that. Plus he was on a dysfunctional team, not on the "best team ever" that is "changing basketball." Curry has a little injury breh, not even comparable
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
MAN! Where is Postnpivot, dude was glowing with that tinfoil hat. Miss that guy.

Pnp was a blabbering bigot and LG is better without him.

PnP spit more knowledge that 95% people here. He just ranted too long and said some dumb stuff sometimes
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
sogood. wrote:

He was pretty bad in those Finals. Shockingly, it did not serve as a referendum on his career. Great players lose.

Why would it be a referendum on his career when by 2004 he already had 3 titles, was wide touted at the "next MJ", had already had several clutch big time performances in the playoffs, wiped out the West several times, and was already a legend by that point? Curry hasn't even beaten a healthy contender in a playoff series and you act like its the same thing
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I love my Lakers but we really do have the most insecure fan base generally speaking. Why?

The only one insecure is you, mr i love my lakers but i spend 100 pages a year arguing against Kobe

Team of the 80's wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
I love my Lakers but we really do have the most insecure fan base generally speaking. Why?

And we are the only fan base who continue to bash our hall of fame players. Right? Hey BTW where were you when Kobe scored 60 in his last game? Were you on vacation? Or perhaps it was too much for you to take seeing the player you loathe prove once again why he's a top ten all time player....

EXACTLY!! LOL I wasn't on the forum when Kobe scored 60 but the fact ring finger was absent doesn't surprise me at all. Its funny because he thinks he's a unbiased fan too. Every time Kobe had a good game last year he was either absent, or totally ignored the game altogether and made random comments about Byron or something.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Lmao this thread is embarrassing. Are some of you guys really this insecure? Starting to act like those Jordan fanboys who can't let go of the past.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

The only one insecure is you, mr i love my lakers but i spend 100 pages a year arguing against Kobe

Team of the 80's wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

And we are the only fan base who continue to bash our hall of fame players. Right? Hey BTW where were you when Kobe scored 60 in his last game? Were you on vacation? Or perhaps it was too much for you to take seeing the player you loathe prove once again why he's a top ten all time player....

EXACTLY!! LOL I wasn't on the forum when Kobe scored 60 but the fact ring finger was absent doesn't surprise me at all. Its funny because he thinks he's a unbiased fan too. Every time Kobe had a good game last year he was either absent, or totally ignored the game altogether and made random comments about Byron or something.

He thinks we don't notice thats the funny part about it.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
Lmao this thread is embarrassing. Are some of you guys really this insecure? Starting to act like those Jordan fanboys who can't let go of the past.

Sorry the only thing embarrassing is you twisting and contorting numbers to justify being a Kobe hater.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

The one thing that separates the Greats of the world from the rest of these Hall of Famers is how long they were able to play prime level basketball and championships. Now, can Curry break shooting records and lead his team to the playoffs? Is he a shoe in even at this point to be in the HOF, I'd bet on it. However, how long can he do it for and to what extent can he keep doing it for. Remains to be seen. Just like we celebrate guys such as Steve Nash and Karl Malone who were also great in their own right; in the end, guys like Kobe, Jordan, Magic, etc will always have that edge over those guys. Great careers with extra backing.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
MAN! Where is Postnpivot, dude was glowing with that tinfoil hat. Miss that guy.

Pnp was a blabbering bigot and LG is better without him.

PnP spit more knowledge that 95% people here. He just ranted too long and said some dumb stuff sometimes

Yeah im not sure where PnP is but i dont think any of us want to know. He just fell of the face of the earth. Hopefully he just gained an amazing life where he just to busy.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Team of the 80's wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What on this issue are you upset about?

I already said Kobe had the better career, better playoff performance, better single game performance and better overall player.

Is what is getting you flustered that I said Curry had the best regular season and Klay the best single quarter I have seen?

You guys are way too oversensitive about it. Cmon, we're Laker fans, we're supposed to be the best of the bunch!
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
sogood. wrote:

i like how you didn't mention Kobe was on trial for assault that whole season, he was fighting for his life freedom and his numbers in general were down that year because of all that. Plus he was on a dysfunctional team, not on the "best team ever" that is "changing basketball." Curry has a little injury breh, not even comparable

Right before you just said that if a guy is on the floor, no excuses. Why make excuses for Kobe for the rape trial?

I dunno why we have to proclaim Kobes greatness whenever Curry has a bad game and then say Curry has passed Kobe by whenever he has a good game. I see no reason to put the two up against each other.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
sogood. wrote:

i like how you didn't mention Kobe was on trial for assault that whole season, he was fighting for his life freedom and his numbers in general were down that year because of all that. Plus he was on a dysfunctional team, not on the "best team ever" that is "changing basketball." Curry has a little injury breh, not even comparable

Right before you just said that if a guy is on the floor, no excuses. Why make excuses for Kobe for the assault trial?

I dunno why we have to proclaim Kobes greatness whenever Curry has a bad game and then say Curry has passed Kobe by whenever he has a good game. I see no reason to put the two up against each other.

Because it's sports...just 12-year olds bashing each other over the head.

Who's warming up the car to go to Temecula?
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
sogood. wrote:

Right before you just said that if a guy is on the floor, no excuses. Why make excuses for Kobe for the assault trial?

I was talking about injuries. And its not excuses, 04 was definitely Kobe's worst finals performance.

But it has nothing to do with Curry, who, again, hasn't beaten a healthy contender in a playoff series last 2 playoffs and somehow was talked about like a God who was going to run the league for years. People were acting like KD would be sooooo lucky if GSW welcomed him so he could escape "Westbrick". You realize people were actually saying stuff like this??? Some people even said KD would "mess up" GSW's wonderful system. Please. OKC is tapping that ass. Me personally I've believed all year OKC would beat GSW, so even if Curry was healthy IMO OKC would still be up 3-1. OKC is winning because they're outplaying GSW in all facets of the game, not just cause Curry isn't playing that well.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm just really annoyed that respected posters on this website are being called Kobe haters. Its really (bleep) annoying when it couldn't be further from the truth.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

My top 5 Nba players right now.

Bron
KD
PG13
Westbrook
Curry
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
sogood. wrote:

I was talking about injuries. And its not excuses, 04 was definitely Kobe's worst finals performance.

But it has nothing to do with Curry, who, again, hasn't beaten a healthy contender in a playoff series last 2 playoffs and somehow was talked about like a God who was going to run the league for years. People were acting like KD would be sooooo lucky if GSW welcomed him so he could escape "Westbrick". You realize people were actually saying stuff like this??? Some people even said KD would "mess up" GSW's wonderful system. Please. OKC is tapping that ass. Me personally I've believed all year OKC would beat GSW, so even if Curry was healthy IMO OKC would still be up 3-1. OKC is winning because they're outplaying GSW in all facets of the game, not just cause Curry isn't playing that well.

Even if GSW loses the WCF finals, why would that preclude him from "running the league for years"?

I mean, it wouldn't right?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:

Oh, that's just the recency bias. People generally put too much or too little weight on what a player does recently, good or bad. Heck, we're seeing recency bias in people thinking the the last two games against OKC cancel out every other game the Warriors have played in the last two years.

My position has always been that Curry had one of the greatest single regular seasons of all-time this year, but you can't evaluate a player's career in the middle of it. I'm in the school that I only rate players and teams based on they actually do, not on predictions of what I think they'll do.

I don't know how much of a difference a healthy Curry would and I don't care -- as I said, I care about what happens, not about woulda-coulda-shouldas.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Team of the 80's wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He thinks we don't notice thats the funny part about it.

tbh, i stopped reading his posts a long time ago and keep scrolling

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

What a disaster for GSW.

Appreciate KB24 more and more
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
sogood. wrote:

Even if GSW loses the WCF finals, why would that preclude him from "running the league for years"?

I mean, idk, you have this one guy who's about to be in 6 finals in 6 years. You have KD and Westbrook who are about to be in their 2nd finals, and probably their 3rd or 4th if not for the major injuries (injuries that kept them OUT of games) three years in a row. You have the Spurs with Kawai (who's been to 2 finals and actually been a Finals MVP) and LA. But hey i guess its a forgone conclusion Curry is the ball GOD for the next 10 years according to guys such as yourself. Even though theres several stars right now, some even younger than him, that have done more playoff winning than he has up to now. But hey GSW will change Basketball forever
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Quit talking about others users, please and stick to hoops.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:

The thing Kobe has on all these guys is that he never, ever backed down... think Westbrook mentality on steroids. Success or failure, he wasn't going to quit. He just woudn't go down with ammunition left in his gun.

I don't like comparing current players to all-time greats until after their careers are over or when they're past their prime so you have the majority of their body of work to look at. Curry still has a long ways to go to catch up to Kobe... but you can't say he won't catch up because his career isn't over yet. We just have to wait and see. It's unlikely though. Very unlikely. 5 rings and 3rd leading all time scorer is no joke.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:
sogood. wrote:

I mean, idk, you have this one guy who's about to be in 6 finals in 6 years. You have KD and Westbrook who are about to be in their 2nd finals, and probably their 3rd or 4th if not for the major injuries (injuries that kept them OUT of games) three years in a row. You have the Spurs with Kawai (who's been to 2 finals and actually been a Finals MVP) and LA. But hey i guess its a forgone conclusion Curry is the ball GOD for the next 10 years according to guys such as yourself. Even though theres several stars right now, some even younger than him, that have done more playoff winning than he has up to now. But hey GSW will change Basketball forever

No one is saying any of the things you're spouting. At no time have I, or anyone here proclaimed Curry as the "ball god" for the next 10 yrs. I, nor anyone else, has said GSW is changing basketball forever.

So why are you saying these things? Why get upset about things that have never occurred???
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 11 of 26
Jump to: