Kobe >>>>> Steph.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
D'Alphalo wrote:
Steph definitely channeled the spirit of the Black Mamba in this game. He KLOSED the (bleep) out of the Thunder.

Wait, he went 6 for 24?

No. 30 points 10 rebounds 7 assists.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject:

or 25 points 11 rebounds 7 assists and 4 BLOCKS. MUHAHAHA!!
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject:

I don't understand these bipolar positions that people take on such issue.

Did anyone argued that Curry had better career than Kobe?
Or did any laker fan here in LG argued that Curry is overall better than Kobe?
(if someone did, then I don't speak for him/gal)

We all know what Kobe has done for 16 yrs of dominance.
Longevity is a virtue when you evaluate a player's status.
Thus, Kobe is top 10 player of all time and his legend is cemented.
Curry will have to sustain this incredible pace for next few years before
he cracks top 15 of all time. He IS NOT A THREAT TO KOBE's LEGACY AT ALL, at least not yet.

There is no need to be defensive when people recognize statistically proven
fact what curry has displayed during this regular season on the best regular season team in NBA history is better than Kobe's best regular season in his prime.

Actually if you consider a statistical output in relevance to winning,
you can actually make a robust argument that Curry had the best single regular season performance in the history of NBA. After all, Curry did his thing in freaking 73 winning team. I wouldn't take issue with that statement because it is merely evaluating the performance of Regular Season.

so, here's suggestion:

if statement Curry's best regular season performance is greater than Kobe's bother you that much, you can counter that with Kobe's best playoff performance is far better than Curry's.

I don't see what to get work up about this.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject:

Curry is a better 'shooter' than Kobe.

Curry is not a better scorer than Kobe, nor a better player than Kobe, and his legacy at the current moment is nowhere near Kobe's.

That's all that really needs to be said on the subject.

Kobe has a legacy that spans over 20 years and it would take more than one extravagant season to rate anyone above him. So I don't get why anyone would be insecure about that.

Only ESPN would actually try to make you believe that one season would put him ahead of Kobe in any way shape or form. But they're the same people that would take a 2-10 Finals record from LeBron and try to keep him in the Jordan discussion while they disqualify Kobe from it cause h's 5-2.
Kobewood
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject:

Over/under on Curry scoring 60 points in his final NBA game?

Okay, I'll stop.

Thank you Kobe for giving 20 years of yourself to the Purple and Gold. We are forever indebted to your greatness.

#WIN4VIN
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Is it OK if I think Kobe is a better overall player than Curry? Or will I be shunned on Lakers Ground?

No one in this thread has actually argued that Curry is a better overall player than Kobe. That doesn't stop people from making these threads out of insecurity because another player is getting highly praised, though.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject:

JJin77 wrote:

he cracks top 15 of all time. He IS NOT A THREAT TO KOBE's LEGACY AT ALL, at least not yet.

fact what curry has displayed during this regular season on the best regular season team in NBA history is better than Kobe's best regular season in his prime.

you can actually make a robust argument that Curry had the best single regular season performance in the history of NBA. After all, Curry did his thing in freaking 73 winning team. I wouldn't take issue with that statement because it is merely evaluating the performance of Regular Season.

so, here's suggestion:

if statement Curry's best regular season performance is greater than Kobe's bother you that much, you can counter that with Kobe's best playoff performance is far better than Curry's.

Many people here don't like when players other than Kobe receive praise. It's as if it's a direct attack on Kobe's legacy and accomplishments. Is this ridiculous? Of course, but it's been like this for years around here.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Curry is not a better scorer than Kobe, nor a better player than Kobe, and his legacy at the current moment is nowhere near Kobe's.

pretty much..
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Kobe has a legacy that spans over 20 years and it would take more than one extravagant season to rate anyone above him. So I don't get why anyone would be insecure about that.

Only ESPN would actually try to make you believe that one season would put him ahead of Kobe in any way shape or form. But they're the same people that would take a 2-10 Finals record from LeBron and try to keep him in the Jordan discussion while they disqualify Kobe from it cause h's 5-2.
Curry is a better shooter, scorer, and passer then Kobe. Kobe was never this efficient. Kobe has a better legacy then Curry because of the longevity, but Curry is on pace to surpass him. The Warriors are young and they still could win 3 to 4 more championships.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Curry is a better shooter, scorer, and passer then Kobe. Kobe was never this efficient. Kobe has a better legacy then Curry because of the longevity, but Curry is on pace to surpass him. The Warriors are young and they still could win 3 to 4 more championships.

reminds me of the days when everybody said the same about Kobe and MJ, he's on pace to surpass the GOAT. Baby steps... pass LeBron first then Kobe
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

And THIS is exactly why threads like this exist.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
JJin77 wrote:

so, here's suggestion:

Many people here don't like when players other than Kobe receive praise. It's as if it's a direct attack on Kobe's legacy and accomplishments. Is this ridiculous? Of course, but it's been like this for years around here.

I know. We've seen same attitudes from MJ's biggest homers.
One of my best friend was one of them and used to drive me crazy.
Now, it's laker fans' turn I guess.

On the other hand, it only takes few post by Dave20 right above that goes overboard to bait these discussion into hot mess. there are two sides of coin after all, I guess.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Curry isn"t a better scorer than Kobe, but he's not that far off. Shooting, handles, efficiency, yes. Defense no.

Single game: Kobe
Reg Season: Curry
Playoffs: Kobe
Career: Kobe
Overall: Kobe

Course, Curry is still young and this could change but this is what it is I think to the majority of people.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject:

JJin77 wrote:
KBH wrote:
JJin77 wrote:

so, here's suggestion:

I know. We've seen same attitudes from MJ's biggest homers.
One of my best friend was one of them and used to drive me crazy.
Now, it's laker fans' turn I guess.

On the other hand, it only takes few post by Dave20 right above that goes overboard to bait these discussion into hot mess. there are two sides of coin after all, I guess.

Dave20 is entitled to his opinion but his opinion is a pretty small minority. So, to me, this small minority's opinion isn't something to get worked up about.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject:

I loved Kobe and I enjoy Curry.

I loved Kobe a little more because he played for my Lakers, but I don't hate Curry at all, even if he wins 5 in a row and surpass Kobe's legacy. If he does it, props to him : he is neither overrated nor helped by the refs ( at least so far).
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Curry isn"t a better scorer than Kobe, but he's not that far off. Shooting, handles, efficiency, yes. Defense no.

Course, Curry is still young and this could change but this is what it is I think to the majority of people.

This is a fair assessment. I'd say the regular season is debatable depending on what you're valuing, but I have no problem with taking that position either.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
epak wrote:
Is it OK if I think Kobe is a better overall player than Curry? Or will I be shunned on Lakers Ground?

No one in this thread has actually argued that Curry is a better overall player than Kobe. That doesn't stop people from making these threads out of insecurity because another player is getting highly praised, though.

Ah I see. Now I can sleep in peace.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/83oy

Remember when Kobe did this to LeBron
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I agree. And yes Curry is super young at barely 28. If he keeping winning at this pace he's on course to surpass MJ in a number of areas.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

D'Alphalo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I agree. And yes Curry is super young at barely 28. If he keeping winning at this pace he's on course to surpass MJ in a number of areas.

"It aint gonna happen"
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject:

Curry is the greatest player of all time, guys.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KBH wrote:
epak wrote:

Ah I see. Now I can sleep in peace.

Sleep in peace?

You're seeing things that aren't there. That isn't good.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

D'Alphalo wrote:
https://streamable.com/83oy

Remember when Kobe did this to LeBron
Are you talking about the turn around rainbow jumper?
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

And this is why I refuse to talk sports with just anybody now days. It's extremely pointless and just a waste of time. I am at the point where I have to vet people before talking sports. Helps to keep me sane...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

D'Alphalo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Curry was actually a late bloomer -- he didn't start in the NBA until age 21; he didn't make the all-star team until his 5th season, and no one was even thinking of him as a superstar until his 5th season.

Things can change fast, so I don't assume he'll have the level of success he's had for the past 2 years for the next 6 or 7. But he sure is having a great run right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 20 of 26
Jump to: