Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder (personal opinion - no news story attached)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder (personal opinion - no news story attached)

The team is poised to get to the finals and he is on a winning team if he goes to the finals and wins or loses he will still resign with the thunder for multiple years at MAX

The only way durant considers leaving is if the thunder performs like the clippers of 2015 and loses 3 straight.

Last edited by 999 on Tue May 24, 2016 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

999 wrote:
The team is poised to get to the finals and he is on a winning team if he goes to the finals and wins or loses he will still resign with the thunder for multiple years at MAX

The only durant considers leaving is if the thunder performs like the clippers of 2015 and loses 3 straight.

I'd expect him to only sign a 1+1 deal, as there's no real guarantee that Russell will stay beyond next year.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

999 wrote:

The only durant considers leaving is if the thunder performs like the clippers of 2015 and loses 3 straight.

glad you went with the clips there.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

999 wrote:

The only way durant considers leaving is if the thunder performs like the clippers of 2015 and loses 3 straight.

I think I jinxed Kevin durant.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

999 wrote:
999 wrote:

I think I jinxed Kevin durant.

Nah Lil B beat you to it.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:40 pm    Post subject:

As much as I'd love for Durant to come here, it seems like it would be best for him to stay. The Thunder did a lot of growing up the last few weeks. Maybe all they need to do is learn from this experience, and they'll be good. Durant is lucky to be playing with someone as talented and as ferocious as Westbrook. They still have an opportunity to go down as one of the greatest duos ever because they just entered their primes.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject:

I would love to have Durant in purple and gold. But why would he want to be part of another rebuilding process? If the Thunder fall apart now there are still better options than the Lakers for him. Heck he might even join his buddy LeBron.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject:

He should go to the Spurs. They have an actual offensive system, and he is literally the only thing they are missing.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject:

If KD wants to win he goes to SA or the lEast coast, maybe Miami or the Bulls.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

I really hate the San Antonio Spurs...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:
If KD wants to win he goes to SA or the lEast coast, maybe Miami or the Bulls.

Don't see Miami -- who knows if Bosh will ever play again, and they'd have to lose Wade or Whiteside to afford him, so it's not like he would have a stacked team waiting for him.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject:

KD should join SAS or GSW or Cavs.
I can't imagine KD beating LeBron unless he's with GSW and also can't imagine him beating GSW unless he's with Cavs.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
I can't imagine KD beating LeBron unless he's with GSW and also can't imagine him beating GSW unless he's with Cavs.

And he beats both if he joins SAS. It's the only team he'll go to where he'll actually get better. Pop has a way.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
shnxx wrote:

And he beats both if he joins SAS. It's the only team he'll go to where he'll actually get better. Pop has a way.

I'm not convinced.
Kawhi Leonard and Aldridge aside, there are lots of positions to replace on that roster.

Also Aldridge's balls shrank by at least 90% during the last few games.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I think KD will sign a 1 + 1 contract with OKC and then see what Westbrook plans are because he will be a free agent in 2017. I don't really buy in to any of the KD to Washington, Boston or Miami links. I'm doubtful he will go the Spurs, I think him plus Aldridge and Kawhi might not be enough to win a championship. Stories about the Warriors wanting KD they would have to give up a lot to get him if I remember correctly. If KD went to the Warriors everyone else might as well give up and call it a day.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
I think KD will sign a 1 + 1 contract with OKC and then see what Westbrook plans are because he will be a free agent in 2017. I don't really buy in to any of the KD to Washington, Boston or Miami links. I'm doubtful he will go the Spurs, I think him plus Aldridge and Kawhi might not be enough to win a championship. Stories about the Warriors wanting KD they would have to give up a lot to get him if I remember correctly. If KD went to the Warriors everyone else might as well give up and call it a day.

I personally hope that KD goes to east so that Lebron doesn't have a free pass to the finals every single season.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

999 wrote:

No matter what happened Durant signing a multi year deal was delusional.
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

I personally hope that KD goes to east so that Lebron doesn't have a free pass to the finals every single season.

Agreed, he needs to goto a team on East coast.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

kaoss128 wrote:
999 wrote:

if he went to the finals against Lebron I felt strong that he would resign at max. what the Lakers did for Kobe last season is what any superstar would want when they are old. you only achieve that by staying with one team.

so no I don't think its delusional at all
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

999 wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
999 wrote:

if he went to the finals against Lebron I felt strong that he would resign at max. what the Lakers did for Kobe last season is what any superstar would want when they are old. you only achieve that by staying with one team.

It was. No matter what happened if he resigns with the Thunder it will be a 1 year deal with a player option for a 2nd.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Tick tock KD.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

kaoss128 wrote:
999 wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
999 wrote:

It was. No matter what happened if he resigns with the Thunder it will be a 1 year deal with a player option for a 2nd.

the only way he would sign a two year deal with an opt out clause is to capture the extra salary that comes in with the higher cap for the 2018 season. But if he wins or loses the finals either way he will sign for max. If he stay with the thunder long term than Russell Westbrook will follow suit. its not the other way around.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:
shnxx wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

Agreed, he needs to goto a team on East coast.

i can support this movement!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

999 wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
999 wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
999 wrote:

the only way he would sign a two year deal with an opt out clause is to capture the extra salary that comes in with the higher cap for the 2018 season. But if he wins or loses the finals either way he will sign for max. If he stay with the thunder long term than Russell Westbrook will follow suit. its not the other way around.

I'm not convinced Durant knows what he's going to do, so I don't see how any of us could know. I could see him going with OKC, the Spurs or Warriors.

The Celtics are in an interesting position too. The won nearly 50 games with no big star and great defense. They could sign Durant and another star with all their cap space, and they have a ton of draft picks to trade. That might appeal if he doesn't want to seem to be glomming onto a team that already has a bunch of stars, and it puts him in the weaker east.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder

After watching his mental meltdowns season after season, that's fine with me. He could lead a team only so far.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: