Kevin Durant will not leave the Thunder (personal opinion - no news story attached)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject:

My gut feeling is that he won't leave (just yet). I think he signs a one year deal to stay and take one more shot with Westbrook.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:
I think KD will sign a 1 + 1 contract with OKC and then see what Westbrook plans are because he will be a free agent in 2017. I don't really buy in to any of the KD to Washington, Boston or Miami links. I'm doubtful he will go the Spurs, I think him plus Aldridge and Kawhi might not be enough to win a championship. Stories about the Warriors wanting KD they would have to give up a lot to get him if I remember correctly. If KD went to the Warriors everyone else might as well give up and call it a day.

I personally hope that KD goes to east so that Lebron doesn't have a free pass to the finals every single season.

Lebron owns KD.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
shnxx wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:
I think KD will sign a 1 + 1 contract with OKC and then see what Westbrook plans are because he will be a free agent in 2017. I don't really buy in to any of the KD to Washington, Boston or Miami links. I'm doubtful he will go the Spurs, I think him plus Aldridge and Kawhi might not be enough to win a championship. Stories about the Warriors wanting KD they would have to give up a lot to get him if I remember correctly. If KD went to the Warriors everyone else might as well give up and call it a day.

I personally hope that KD goes to east so that Lebron doesn't have a free pass to the finals every single season.

Lebron owns KD.

True, but KD is more of a challenge than Klye Lowry, who is one of the worst "stars" I've watched.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

shnxx wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
shnxx wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

Lebron owns KD.

True, but KD is more of a challenge than Klye Lowry, who is one of the worst "stars" I've watched.

ANALytics made lowry a star
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/11/kevin-durant-returns-to-oklahoma-city-and-hires-extra-security-just-in-case/

Quote:
Kevin Durant returns to Oklahoma City, and hires extra security just in case

It’s the game everybody is going to be watching Saturday night: Kevin Durant makes his first return to Oklahoma City in a Golden State uniform. It’s going to be emotional — for the fans in OKC, and for Durant.

It’s not just going to rain down boos on KD, it’s going to be a thunderstorm of boos. A tropical storm hitting a Carribean island of boos.

Durant has hired a little extra security for his return, just to make sure it’s only boos that hit him, reports Chris Haynes of ESPN.

A heightened armed security team has been procured, tripling the normal amount of security personnel the Warriors typically travel with, league sources told ESPN….

The Warriors will not have a shootaround, being that it’s the second game of a back-to-back. However, Durant “won’t be locked in his hotel room,” a source said. He plans to venture out into the city to a certain extent, though how much is unknown.

This is a smart precaution by Durant. That vast majority of Thunder fans may be mad at Durant for leaving and feel that booing him — and a Thunder win — would be cathartic, but there might be a handful willing to go further.

How Durant handles the heightened emotions, the insults, the experience will go a long way to how the Warriors do in the game. You know Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green will want to have KD’s back, but the Warriors are on the second night of a back-to-back and the third game in four nights. Oklahoma City has a real chance in this game, but Russell Westbrook can’t just put up another triple-double, he needs to be efficient doing it. And he needs to get some help.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

It was his decision, he could do whatever he wanted. He showed his true colors joining GS like that. But then again, he could have joined the Celts. Lebron's Cavs vs. Durant Celts. Talk about no-win there, glad I don't have to deal with that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: