What do we do with the 32nd pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Last 20 players picked at #32

2015: Montrezl Harrell
2014: KJ McDaniels
2013: Alex Abrines
2012: Tomas Satoransky
2011: Justin Harper
2010: Dexter Pittman
2009: Jermaine Taylor
2008: Walter Sharpe
2007: Gabe Pruitt
2006: Steve Novak
2005: Daniel Ewing
2004: Peter John Ramos
2003: Luke Walton
2002: Robert Archibald
2001: Omar Cook
2000: AJ Guyton
1999: Michael Ruffin
1998: Rashard Lewis
1997: James Cotton
1996: Ryan Minor

Luke Walton is the 2nd best player on this list. It's hard enough to find an NBA caliber player at #32, but people want to include the additional restriction of him playing a specific position? I'm glad you're not running my business.

How about a list of the best players drafter below #32?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I've given this a lot of thought, and I'm pretty sure that LA will either trade it or select a player with it...

I doubt it!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

44TheLogo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I've given this a lot of thought, and I'm pretty sure that LA will either trade it or select a player with it...

we could also sell it. GOTCHA

in any case, I really am baffled as to how Zhou Qi's stock has dropped so precipitously. Just before the NCAA season he was a lottery pick on most boards. He's one guy who I think will rocket back up into the first round after workouts simply because he's been out of public view in the China offseason while other players have been active in NCAA. IMO if he was playing college ball in America he'd still be a top 20 pick.

That's why I'm pretty sure, because while they could sell it, I don't think they will.

yeah i don't think anyone will sell draft picks anymore considering just how valuable they are in today's CBA by keeping player salaries capped.

Boston might, don't they have 4 second rd picks, maybe Lakers will buy one and do a euro draft n stash (can you do it with a 2nd rd pick?)
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

a2j1m wrote:
I'm surprised there's not many talking about Brogdon. He can come in right away and be a help. Good defender with good offensive skills. Kinda reminds me of a Raja Bell type role player

Center is such a glaring weakness, but I liked what I've seen so far on him. Brogdon would be useful.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

in any case, I really am baffled as to how Zhou Qi's stock has dropped so precipitously. Just before the NCAA season he was a lottery pick on most boards. He's one guy who I think will rocket back up into the first round after workouts simply because he's been out of public view in the China offseason while other players have been active in NCAA. IMO if he was playing college ball in America he'd still be a top 20 pick.

That's why I'm pretty sure, because while they could sell it, I don't think they will.

yeah i don't think anyone will sell draft picks anymore considering just how valuable they are in today's CBA by keeping player salaries capped.

Boston might, don't they have 4 second rd picks, maybe Lakers will buy one and do a euro draft n stash (can you do it with a 2nd rd pick?)

they could package them in a trade to get more value than merely selling it for money though.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

If we walk out of this draft with Ingram and Thon Maker there will be no complaints from me.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
governator wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

they could package them in a trade to get more value than merely selling it for money though.

true
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Maker falling to 32 is a pipe dream.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Thon Maker. Because his name rhymes with Laker.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject:

RJBaca wrote:

this
madd_game08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
RJBaca wrote:

this

If Maker is as interesting a prospect as we're hearing, I'd like to see Mitch work some magic (ala Clarkson) where we have another team pick him late in the 1st and deal him to us for some cash or future 2nd rounders... Low risk/high-reward type move.

May be a couple other guys that fit that mold besides Maker, but he's definitely intriguing and would be great to secure and bring along slowly.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
Zhou Qi for increased viewership. He could be China's next sensation.

OMG...
JBizzlethethird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

OMG...

We'll get all our players in the starting lineup voted onto the All-Star team! Yeah!!!
lol
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject:

JBizzlethethird wrote:
deal wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

OMG...

We'll get all our players in the starting lineup voted onto the All-Star team! Yeah!!!
lol

I wonder which of our young stars would gain the most by the addition of Qi. Probably Russell and who ever gets drafted at #2.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject:

I seriously don't want to sound greedy, but I wonder if Mitch and Co. could pull a rabbit out of the hat again at #32. I know this draft is supposedly really weak, but so was the 2014 one and we came away with Clarkson. And LNJ late in the first round last year was another genius move.

I mean in just two drafts we already have 4 solid young pieces to build upon. If Black and Brown work out for us, that's 6, plus maybe two more in this year's draft. I know it's hard to have a team of 8 young and unestablished players, but if most of them turn out to be solid, things will be looking good for us.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Take the BPA with the highest ceiling. Our goal next season is to achieve a modicum of respectability, so an immediate impact from a more mature, NBA-ready prospect isn't important.

I like the prospect that draftexpress has ranked at #32, Dejounte Murray.

Agree on bpa. Although I think we will be a long way from modicum of respectability.

To be completely honest, if it's not even a miracle chance of title (major free agent signings), I hope we are able to get one more top 3 pick. Makes the older rookies tradable for a complementary all star, downgrades orlandos pick to second rounders to keep fresh talent in a coming year, and still leaves us with space to sign a superstar (or two).

Just seems like making the playoffs is painful. Feels like it will be too little too late with the cupboards as bare as they are now with the bill for basketball reasons (Gasol) / Nash / Howard yet to be paid in full.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject:

RJBaca wrote:

Maker the Laker?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
RJBaca wrote:

Maker the Laker?

Or Thon Laker.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject:

madd_game08 wrote:
governator wrote:
RJBaca wrote:

this

If Maker is as interesting a prospect as we're hearing, I'd like to see Mitch work some magic (ala Clarkson) where we have another team pick him late in the 1st and deal him to us for some cash or future 2nd rounders... Low risk/high-reward type move.

May be a couple other guys that fit that mold besides Maker, but he's definitely intriguing and would be great to secure and bring along slowly.

All first and second rounds picks in the 2017, 2018 and 2019 drafts have various restrictions and are currently unavailable to be used in trades.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

botox wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
I'm surprised there's not many talking about Brogdon. He can come in right away and be a help. Good defender with good offensive skills. Kinda reminds me of a Raja Bell type role player

Kinda reminds me of what everyone said about Anthony Brown last year. Do we need two Anthony Browns on the team?

Well give Brown some time. Brown is more of a shooter on offense. Brogdon can run off screens and can pass.

Look at Danny Green his rookie year, looked like Anthony Brown. Brown still needs to get minutes and get comfy because he can become I really good shooter and he may have been our best wing defender last year. I like Brogdon tho for his ability to run in an offense. Come of a screen then hit the rolling man. I can't really say him and Anthony Brown are too similar
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

How about Young/#32 for Beverly/#37 (they also have #43 to use instead)?

Young played really well in D'Antoni's system and if Harden is going to play the PG position (book it), you need to put shooters around him. Plus, with Harden and Ariza it's a LA crew Young is really familiar with. It would be doing him right so to speak after forcing him to play for Byron for two years.

Patrick Berverly and Mike D'Antoni don't see eye to eye on basketball. Let's just put it that way. But he does fill a couple areas of need for the Lakers and is on a very friendly deal.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I have yet to see any tape to make me want Maker at 32.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Package #32, Lou, and Nick Young for a true center. That way you don't have to go into FA and overpay one of the three younger guys available. BB hasn't shown enough for a long enough time. Ez is too injury prone. Whiteside is a stat sheet stuffer, but doesn't have the analytic defensive impact that you'd want for those stats.

I wouldn't mind if the Lakers signed certain guys, but I frankly prefer the vet C options like Noah, Al Jefferson, and even Dwight (yes dwight) then the younger guys. I don't mind BB so much though, if they are really confident he is 23.

So would for example the Bucks consider Lou, Nick Young, and #32 for Greg Monroe? They are about to lose some SG depth in FA, and Monroe was a bench player for them in the home stretch.

mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
pio2u wrote:
I perfer us to select a bigman w/ #32 but if we pick a guard I hope we get Djounte Murray or Gary Payton II (in that order)

* DRAFT EXPRESS PROFILES OF A FEW POTENTIAL PROSPECTS *
(of course some of these guy will be gone before round 2)

Ben Bentil: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ben-bentil

Thon Maker: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Thon-Maker-70462/

AJ Hammonds: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/A.J.-Hammons-7070/

DeAndre Bembry: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeAndre-Bembry-71444/

Zhou Qi: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Zhou-Qi-61857/

Diamond Stone: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Diamond-Stone-7177/

Djounte Murray: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dejounte-Murray-7309/

Damian Jones: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Damian-Jones-7211/

Caris Levert: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Caris-LeVert-66377/

Joel Bolomboy: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/joel-bolomboy

Gary Payton II: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Gary-Payton-II-88099/

Right now, Hammons out of Purdue would be my 2nd pick after Zimmerman for the 32nd pick.

Hammons is my choice for the 32nd also.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
My preference is a center, but that's just me.

Lakers need depth at the position and it looks like several decent center prospects with different skillsets should be available.

Kind of a "eye of the beholder" choice.

Agreed, We need immediate help in that area too.

We could always give Tarik Black actual minutes
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16
Jump to: