Will the Lakers sign DeMar DeRozan?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will DeRozan be signed with the Lakers in FA?
Yes to many hints and signs
52%
 52%  [ 61 ]
No he will stay in TOR
44%
 44%  [ 52 ]
No he will sign with another team
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 117

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Will the Lakers sign DeMar DeRozan?

With the Raptors season officially over rumors will start to flood on his next destination were do you think he ends up?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject:

My man no need for this thread. I get that you want to poll this but we have a FA thread for a reason
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Actually that FA thread is bombed with DeRozan anti and pro people this thread is rather he will sign in LA.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Yes, he will.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty neutral on this. I get both sides argument. When I watch Demar play, nothing really stands out to me. But we do need to start bringing in NBA caliber players. Demar will be a start. Is he worth the max? I dont know, but the Lakers will have so much money to spend it won't really matter. We're not winning a championship next year regardless, so I'm all for bringing in vets that will make us competitive. Derozan and other B-list FA's wont likely bring us a championship, but they will help pave the way so that one day, our young core of Russell/Ingram/Randle will
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers call him and offer him the max, he's coming. No doubt about it. I have almost zero doubt it will happen. Especially with the way the Lakers upgraded at coaching and the draft coming up.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

I think the bigger question is will he sign with the Lakers?

Hard for me to see him leaving Toronto after this type of season to go to a 17 win team, but it is home so you never know.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Hard for me to see him leaving Toronto after this type of season to go to a 17 win team, but it is home so you never know.

There are no guarantees. Look at how close the Pacers were to surpassing the Heat a few years ago. Also, if Biyombo leaves they'll take a step back.
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Toronto overachieved, they barely beat the Pacers and beat a depleted Heat team that would have beaten Toronto in 5 games if they were healthy. Hes from LA, can make more money from shoe deal, hes a Lakers fan, closer to his Mother. Derozan is coming home.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Yes,

no,

maybe
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I'm pretty neutral on this. I get both sides argument. When I watch Demar play, nothing really stands out to me. But we do need to start bringing in NBA caliber players. Demar will be a start. Is he worth the max? I dont know, but the Lakers will have so much money to spend it won't really matter. We're not winning a championship next year regardless, so I'm all for bringing in vets that will make us competitive. Derozan and other B-list FA's wont likely bring us a championship, but they will help pave the way so that one day, our young core of Russell/Ingram/Randle will

Good post.

If DeRoz signs here who knows maybe a star player demands a trade here or a lot of FAs take a paycut to come here.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I voted yes but who the heck knows unless you're Stephen A Smith or Romeo. Apparently those two guys say he is.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I voted yes. Think it's pretty much a given these days. He's heading here. Question is who else we add.
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:
I voted yes. Think it's pretty much a given these days. He's heading here. Question is who else we add.

Whiteside, Deng, Derozan, Ingram.. LUKE Skywalker.... playoffs here we come... DO IT MITCH!!!!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I think he's pretty much coming here and I think he's pretty much getting the max. I have nothing against anyone, especially NBA players making money, but I hope his contract doesn't effect us in the long run. I know the cap will rise again next year though, so maybe 30 million will look like a steal by next season.

If Toronto gives him the max money and a 5 year deal, I would say the extra 30 million guaranteed will be hard to turn down.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Yeah, I think he's pretty much coming here and I think he's pretty much getting the max. I have nothing against anyone, especially NBA players making money, but I hope his contract doesn't effect us in the long run. I know the cap will rise again next year though, so maybe 30 million will look like a steal by next season.

If Toronto gives him the max money and a 5 year deal, I would say the extra 30 million guaranteed will be hard to turn down.

What do you think the Lakers do with Clarkson? Sign him to be thier 6th men or sign and trade him for other pieces?
soonerboy824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

What do you think the Lakers do with Clarkson? Sign him to be thier 6th men or sign and trade him for other pieces?

i would sign and trade clarkson for and our second rounder for noel

Noel
horford randle nance
kobe
derozan lou will
russell

yes kobe is coming back around the allstar break next year
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Yep and will wear No. 24
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I sincerely hope not. Signing him would be a leap in the right direction but its not going to end well. I hope he stays in Toronto
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I think he stays with the Raptors. Also, I think Whiteside will be the Lakers first priority in free agency.
soonerboy824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Noel
horford randle nance
kobe
derozan lou will
russell

FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject:

soonerboy824 wrote:
tom wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Noel
horford randle nance
kobe
derozan lou will
russell

I cannot imagine the Sixers doing this! Why would you go for 30 year old Horford at max (25 or so mill) when you already have Noel and randle, along with nance and a guy like Leuer is out there for 7/8 mill?

Noel/Randle/nance/Leuer would be about 15 mill combined.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

He would have the same opt out here as he would there, the difference would be 3% raises for 3 years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Sign him.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Yes. We need some young proven talent to go along with our young core to be able to lure future free agent stars. We can't afford to strike out on free agents again.

Last edited by LakerLand247 on Fri May 27, 2016 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: