Lakers Offseason Outlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
laker4life wrote:
lewis wrote:
These are just a joke:

Management

12. Houston
18. Charlotte
20. Philadelphia
26. Brooklyn
27. L.A. Lakers

Cannot argue with these ranking.

Management is pretty bad if you were to look at it impartially.

The ranking appears to be on point. We have nowhere to go but up!

Technically we should be 29/30, our management produced the 29th worse product last year. I directly correlate management rankings with overall standings.

Mitch and Jim have had 6 freaking years to turn this crap around (6 years since we won our last championship), and they have produced nothing. If we suck again this year, they both need to be shown the door.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject:

What are rankings for? They don't mean (bleep).
Can't see the point on discussing over this kind of stuff.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject:

Off-season outlook - draft a bad mother and hope he turns into the next franchise player. Hope the younger guys continue to improve and get some free agent 2nd tier supporting role players.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
What are rankings for? They don't mean (bleep).
Can't see the point on discussing over this kind of stuff.

Because during the off season, people will discuss whatever they want.

Already, someone is predicting that we will win on 40 games next season.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 11h11 hours ago
Most insiders see the most likely scenario at present to be Kevin Durant staying in OKC on a two-year max deal with an opt-out after Year 1.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

NBA AM: Post-Lottery 2016-17 Cap Projections

*Lakers projection - $64.4 mil

Quote:
The draft will be held on June 23, ahead of an unprecedented free-agency period in July that will see the league’s salary cap will jump to $92 million for the 2016-17 season. Currently at $70 million, the $22 million expected leap (due to the NBA’s new national television deal), in turn, will drop most teams well under the cap.

Max contracts project to start at $21.6 million for players with up to six years of experience, $25.9 million for those with seven to nine years, and $30.2 million with 10 or more years in the league.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-post-lottery-2016-17-cap-projections/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

What basketball situations are truly better than the Lakers?
Quote:
Some rebuilding teams are in a better place as well. Minnesota and Portland have great young duos with Towns-Wiggins and Lillard-McCollum that are better than what the Lakers currently have. The Lakers have one edge in that they have more young players who have shown the ability to consistently contribute. Philly is likely in a better spot with the top pick and lots of future draft assets, but the Sixers have to address the issue in the frontcourt.

The Lakers have about $64 million in cap room and potentially four solid starters in D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, and the player they take with the second pick. On the bench, LA has a proven scorer in Lou Williams, an energetic two-way big in Tarik Black and an uber-athletic forward in Larry Nance, Jr. Despite the future draft assets not being as great as other teams, the Lakers might be in a better basketball place than the rest of the league.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/5/31/11812492/la-lakers-free-agency-draft-rebuild-management
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

What Would a Successful Summer Look Like For The Lakers?

Quote:
or the first time in a long time the Lakers are entering the summer with justifiable optimism. With holdings consisting of the second overall draft selection and approximately $66 million dollars worth of cap space in their war chest, the Lakers are on the precipice of relevance. Core pieces D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle and Larry Nance Jr. are all poised to take a step forward due to both natural progression and the hiring of coaching prodigy Luke Walton. Walton's Golden State-like pace and space motion-based offense should accentuate the strengths of L.A.'s versatile and athletic youngsters while also cultivating a strong culture of teamwork and discipline.

http://lakersunited.com/successful-summer-look-like-lakers/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject:

Blueprint for Solving LA Lakers' Woes at Center and Wing

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers fans have good reason to be excited again, but the team still has major frontcourt holes to fill.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2643177-blueprint-for-solving-la-lakers-woes-at-center-and-wing
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

There are a handful of elite/possibly elite teams: Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, Clips, Thunder, maybe Raptors. There are a handful of teams with promising young cores: Wolves, Jazz, Blazers, Sixers. In between is a lot of mediocrity, teams that may have a star player, but no depth, cap rom etc. Those teams are better than the Lakers right now, but who would trade places with them? They don't have the potential to improve significantly either through development or free agency. I'd take a young, talented group and cap space over a first round exit every day.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
/But some people in this thread think we have a great FO.

It is amazing to me that a lot of guys here act like Mitch is irreplaceable or something.

You could bring in pretty much anyone and likely do better than 17 wins, he has done a horrific job the last 5 years and should have already been reassigned or fired.

This is a huge summer, he has a lot to prove and it is hard to be overly optimistic based on recent results.

I would have already moved on to a new GM that has proved they can navigate building a team under the current CBA.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

Yes Walton may be a complete bust but he was one of the top two coaches on the market this offseason so I think that deserves some credit. We have been terrible recently but are trending upwards. I think the FO deserves some credit for that. Good drafting and a great coaching hire is commendable even though they got us in the situation in the first place.

According to CBS, Walton ranks 7th out of 11 on coaches' signings.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/from-mike-dantoni-to-tom-thibodeau-ranking-the-nbas-top-coaching-hires/

Last edited by rogers49 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

I don't pay attention to anything ESPN analysts say, they have a strong east coast bias
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

It is amazing to me that a lot of guys here act like Mitch is irreplaceable or something.

You could bring in pretty much anyone and likely do better than 17 wins, he has done a horrific job the last 5 years and should have already been reassigned or fired.

This is a huge summer, he has a lot to prove and it is hard to be overly optimistic based on recent results.

I would have already moved on to a new GM that has proved they can navigate building a team under the current CBA.

Yes because rings and his history of finding late draft steals, and also an impressive trader all have to be ignored. We merely want to look at the fact that the team whose best player was 37 (who the Lakers properly honored) and couldn't play for more than 26 minutes on every other night - surrounded by rookies and a few journey men couldn't beat squads of more fully formed NBA rosters.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Yes because rings and his history of finding late draft steals, and also an impressive trader all have to be ignored. We merely want to look at the fact that the team whose best player was 37 (who the Lakers properly honored) and couldn't play for more than 26 minutes on every other night - surrounded by rookies and a few journey men couldn't beat squads of more fully formed NBA rosters.

Out of curiosity why are you looking for that particular Lakers vs. Sonics game that you have in your signature?
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Mitch is resilient, he will bounce back in a big way. He always does.

He has more than paid his dues, maybe he needs a new young lieutenant or two to groom but I am confident that he still has a little magic left in his wand.

It's going to be a long summer, give him time and let's see what happens.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Is this the official thread where we post trade ideas?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:

DO IT MITCH
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:

DO IT MITCH

My guy
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject:

The Blazers have had the best young core for about a decade. Nothing ever becomes of them though.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:15 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
NBA AM: Post-Lottery 2016-17 Cap Projections

Quote:
The draft will be held on June 23, ahead of an unprecedented free-agency period in July that will see the league’s salary cap will jump to $92 million for the 2016-17 season. Currently at $70 million, the $22 million expected leap (due to the NBA’s new national television deal), in turn, will drop most teams well under the cap.

Max contracts project to start at $21.6 million for players with up to six years of experience, $25.9 million for those with seven to nine years, and $30.2 million with 10 or more years in the league.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-post-lottery-2016-17-cap-projections/

Quote:

You are in favor of Mitch not giving a qualifying offer to Clarkson?
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject:

Sometimes, I have to double check and make sure I'm on a Lakers forum.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
The Blazers have had the best young core for about a decade. Nothing ever becomes of them though.

Blazers had Lillard, Aldridge, Batum, and C.J. all on their team at the same time along with a solid team. Those are 4 max or near-max players. A shame they never put it all together to make deep playoff runs.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject:

tkLAKERS wrote:
Sometimes, I have to double check and make sure I'm on a Lakers forum.

Seems pretty obvious to me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: