Lakers Offseason Outlook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
According to CBS, Walton ranks 7th out of 11 on coaches' signings.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/from-mike-dantoni-to-tom-thibodeau-ranking-the-nbas-top-coaching-hires/

I wouldn't put too much stock into that list. It's abundantly clear that unless you had recent prior coaching experience, you're going to get docked.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
rogers49 wrote:
According to CBS, Walton ranks 7th out of 11 on coaches' signings.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/from-mike-dantoni-to-tom-thibodeau-ranking-the-nbas-top-coaching-hires/

I wouldn't put too much stock into that list. It's abundantly clear that unless you had recent prior coaching experience, you're going to get docked.

If they had one of these lists for 2014-15 season the top guys would have been George Karl, David Blatt, Lionel Hollins and Byron Scott with guys like Steve Kerr and Quinn Snyder at the bottom.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
NBA AM: Post-Lottery 2016-17 Cap Projections

*Lakers projection - $64.4 mil

Quote:
The draft will be held on June 23, ahead of an unprecedented free-agency period in July that will see the league’s salary cap will jump to $92 million for the 2016-17 season. Currently at $70 million, the $22 million expected leap (due to the NBA’s new national television deal), in turn, will drop most teams well under the cap.

Max contracts project to start at $21.6 million for players with up to six years of experience, $25.9 million for those with seven to nine years, and $30.2 million with 10 or more years in the league.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-post-lottery-2016-17-cap-projections/

Quote:

You are in favor of Mitch not giving a qualifying offer to Clarkson?

How they get it done is not important to me; but I hope the FO ensures that JC is a big part of our future moving forward.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:
The draft will be held on June 23, ahead of an unprecedented free-agency period in July that will see the league’s salary cap will jump to $92 million for the 2016-17 season. Currently at $70 million, the $22 million expected leap (due to the NBA’s new national television deal), in turn, will drop most teams well under the cap.

Max contracts project to start at $21.6 million for players with up to six years of experience, $25.9 million for those with seven to nine years, and $30.2 million with 10 or more years in the league.

Quote:

How they get it done is not important to me; but I hope the FO ensures that JC is a big part of our future moving forward.

Let me rephrase the question:

How were you able to give a qualifying offer to Clarkson and still have $64.4 million in Cap Space?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

How were you able to give a qualifying offer to Clarkson and still have $64.4 million in Cap Space?

Did you not click on the link? Emplay gives a range of what cap space could be and for the Lakers it is anywhere from $0 to $64.4 mil. No one mentioned Clarkson's QO other than you.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

How did you get $64.4 million in Cap Space while also giving a Qualifying Offer to Clarkson?

* A $2.7 mil qualifying offer to Jordan Clarkson will reduce the cap projection.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

How did you get $64.4 million in Cap Space while also giving a Qualifying Offer to Clarkson?

* A $2.7 mil qualifying offer to Jordan Clarkson will reduce the cap projection.

As would QO's to Kelly, Black and Huertas.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did you not click on the link? Emplay gives a range of what cap space could be and for the Lakers it is anywhere from $0 to $64.4 mil. No one mentioned Clarkson's QO other than you.

Did I click on the link?

Of course, because I knew that there had to be something out of the ordinary - expected to get to the $64.4 million number.

In regards to nobody mentioning Clarkson's qualifying Offer, Eric Pincus mentioned it in the writeup.

Quote:
Team
Los Angeles Lakers

Best
$64.4 mil

Worst
$0

Comment
The Lakers can max out their cap room once they renounce Kobe Bryant and Roy Hibbert. Expect Brandon Bass to opt out. The team may choose to stretch out the contract of Nick Young. A $2.7 mil qualifying offer to Jordan Clarkson is likely to reduce their max salary position.

Since pio2u wrote this:

Quote:

It meant that the Lakers weren't giving a qualifying offer to Clarkson which Eric had mentioned in his writeup. I wanted to be sure that is what pio2u wanted the team to do and thus this question from me:

Quote:

To get to the area of $64.4 million that pio2u liked from the writeup, I came up with this:

$5,332,800......Russell
$3,267,120......Randle
$1,207,680......Nance
$874,636.........A Brown
$7,000,000......Williams
$4,401,400......Ingram (Rookie Salary Scale)

$543,471.........Minimum Salary #1
$543,471.........Minimum Salary #2
$543,471.........Minimum Salary #3
$543,471.........Minimum Salary #4
$543,471.........Minimum Salary #5
$543,471.........Minimum Salary #6

$2,222,517....Young (Stretch Waived)

$0...................Clarkson (No Qualifying Offer)
$0...................Black (No Qualifying Offer)

$0...................Bass
------------------------

$27,566,979

$92,000,000 Salary Cap
-$27,566,979
------------------
$64,433,021

The above is roughly $33,201 from the $64.4 million that pio2u mentioned.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you for posting the addendum.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject:

How Should Front Office Approach Rebuilding?
Quote:
management must decide what course of action to take to try to rebuild the team into contenders

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/06/16/lakers-rebuilding-front-office-approach/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject:

Patience Could Go A Long Way For The Lakers

Quote:
It isn’t about “striking out” with the big names this summer, per se, but it will be much more important to simply continue the positive momentum – no matter how slight it may seem to some – by developing the young talent the Lakers currently have on the roster so that they are in a position to either strike when a realistic free agency option presents itself over the next couple seasons or when a desired player becomes available on the trade market.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/patience-could-go-a-long-way-for-the-lakers/
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Imo with Ingram I think our core is as good as Minnesota. Not sure why they are so high and we are #29

Because Byron made the talent look worst than it was
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Offseason:

Luke Walton’s LA Tenure Officially Begins With Warriors’ Loss

Quote:
Now that the Golden State Warriors’ historic, yet disappointing, season is over, Luke Walton will finally take over as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers

Lakers’ fans have waited patiently for the NBA Finals to wind down, not only to see who’d come out victorious, but also in order to finally get their head coach, Luke Walton back to Los Angeles.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/06/20/lakers-offseason-luke-walton-head-coach-begins-with-warriors-loss-nba-finals/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

Lakers need to set the table this summer for big moves in 2017

Quote:
The Lakers will rise and fall on the decision-making of management — owner Jeanie Buss, her brother Jim, the team’s executive vice president of basketball operations, and general manager Mitch Kupchak. How the Lakers perform — with their combination of young talent and whatever they do with the No. 2 pick in this year’s draft and their oodles of cap space — will now be on them. They no longer have Bryant to shield them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/06/21/for-lamentable-lakers-future-success-starts-by-finding-stability-this-summer/?tid=a_inl
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: