New shooting form thread/theory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

fiendish, can you chime in on this?
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 16624

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

WHO GON GET A CAMERA AND TEST THIS THEORY?
100 shots with a fro
100 shots without
I would...but I gots schoolin to do
Who on this forum has a marginally decent jumpshot with a fro they aren't attached to...the streets need this
_________________
I play video games while rapping, its...an experience..lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJaL5nBD_NXUivus7AmqFg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject:

And why Ingram shoots from the furthest spot on his body from his head? The low shoulder... That's not even natural for any basketball player, to think of shooting from there before the head, side of head, the popular forms.
That's an obvious case
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
WHO GON GET A CAMERA AND TEST THIS THEORY?
100 shots with a fro
100 shots without
I would...but I gots schoolin to do
Who on this forum has a marginally decent jumpshot with a fro they aren't attached to...the streets need this


http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1449841&start=20#start_here how about this, guys agreeing with me on other forums, because they can relate when they wear a hat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

https://embed.gyazo.com/f9c51b4a81199aba0d41dfa5cfdcc52a.png

Here's a good example!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 8437
Location: The (real) short corner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendish, can you chime in on this?


No thanks

But here's some more fuel for the fire:
https://youtu.be/-TsbAsK1zy4

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendish, can you chime in on this?


No thanks

But here's some more fuel for the fire:
https://youtu.be/-TsbAsK1zy4



look at the forearm release on the 2nd one - I do think being tight in the upper body from being restricted can cause mess-ups on the end of your release like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

annnd I'm back to loving GT.
two hours to get it off my psyche loll

shooot im excited now. The vid is on 12,000 views says the analytics, but the view counter is often 2 days behind youtube people say.
And i have complex sports interview tomorrow. this is really gunna go viral. deng.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
And why Ingram shoots from the furthest spot on his body from his head? The low shoulder... That's not even natural for any basketball player, to think of shooting from there before the head, side of head, the popular forms.
That's an obvious case


Here's video from Ingram's sophomore year, without the hair. Same form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__a0jawf9Iw
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
WHO GON GET A CAMERA AND TEST THIS THEORY?
100 shots with a fro
100 shots without
I would...but I gots schoolin to do
Who on this forum has a marginally decent jumpshot with a fro they aren't attached to...the streets need this


http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1449841&start=20#start_here how about this, guys agreeing with me on other forums, because they can relate when they wear a hat


Wearing a hat, which has a bill that juts forward, is a lot different than your hair. Of course wearing a hat gets in the way.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
annnd I'm back to loving GT.
two hours to get it off my psyche loll

shooot im excited now. The vid is on 12,000 views says the analytics, but the view counter is often 2 days behind youtube people say.
And i have complex sports interview tomorrow. this is really gunna go viral. deng.


Lol, there's no need to get upset with me, bro. I just disagree with your theory. There are obviously plenty of people out there who don't. I hope you get a ton of views and exposure.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
annnd I'm back to loving GT.
two hours to get it off my psyche loll

shooot im excited now. The vid is on 12,000 views says the analytics, but the view counter is often 2 days behind youtube people say.
And i have complex sports interview tomorrow. this is really gunna go viral. deng.


Lol, there's no need to get upset with me, bro. I just disagree with your theory. There are obviously plenty of people out there who don't. I hope you get a ton of views and exposure.


Eh, I value your opinion a lot and the im very passionate about this vid/theory so that can just be a bit of a combustible combo. But I have perspective man, tons, you're the homie for sure ; extremely well liked here. and a disagreement or two doesn't change how you're viewed at all
Got a lot of perspective, I'm enjoying forging bonds here , there's no strain on em.
Big group hugd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 8437
Location: The (real) short corner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
And why Ingram shoots from the furthest spot on his body from his head? The low shoulder... That's not even natural for any basketball player, to think of shooting from there before the head, side of head, the popular forms.
That's an obvious case


Here's video from Ingram's sophomore year, without the hair. Same form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__a0jawf9Iw


Yeah, this is likely the result of shooting from distance at a young age before he had the strength to maintain the proper form.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject:

You do wish he would raise that form though, and I don't think he can
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
annnd I'm back to loving GT.
two hours to get it off my psyche loll

shooot im excited now. The vid is on 12,000 views says the analytics, but the view counter is often 2 days behind youtube people say.
And i have complex sports interview tomorrow. this is really gunna go viral. deng.


Lol, there's no need to get upset with me, bro. I just disagree with your theory. There are obviously plenty of people out there who don't. I hope you get a ton of views and exposure.


Eh, I value your opinion a lot and the im very passionate about this vid/theory so that can just be a bit of a combustible combo. But I have perspective man, tons, you're the homie for sure ; extremely well liked here. and a disagreement or two doesn't change how you're viewed at all
Got a lot of perspective, I'm enjoying forging bonds here , there's no strain on em.
Big group hugd


Haha, indeed. We'd be arguing this (bleep) in person if we could.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
annnd I'm back to loving GT.
two hours to get it off my psyche loll

shooot im excited now. The vid is on 12,000 views says the analytics, but the view counter is often 2 days behind youtube people say.
And i have complex sports interview tomorrow. this is really gunna go viral. deng.


Lol, there's no need to get upset with me, bro. I just disagree with your theory. There are obviously plenty of people out there who don't. I hope you get a ton of views and exposure.


Eh, I value your opinion a lot and the im very passionate about this vid/theory so that can just be a bit of a combustible combo. But I have perspective man, tons, you're the homie for sure ; extremely well liked here. and a disagreement or two doesn't change how you're viewed at all
Got a lot of perspective, I'm enjoying forging bonds here , there's no strain on em.
Big group hugd


Haha, indeed. We'd be arguing this (bleep) in person if we could.


Ha! That would be funny. Hopefully soon man. Won't be able to make summer league but early next season some of us gotta catch a game , even if at a restaurant or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 36520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
annnd I'm back to loving GT.
two hours to get it off my psyche loll

shooot im excited now. The vid is on 12,000 views says the analytics, but the view counter is often 2 days behind youtube people say.
And i have complex sports interview tomorrow. this is really gunna go viral. deng.


Lol, there's no need to get upset with me, bro. I just disagree with your theory. There are obviously plenty of people out there who don't. I hope you get a ton of views and exposure.


Eh, I value your opinion a lot and the im very passionate about this vid/theory so that can just be a bit of a combustible combo. But I have perspective man, tons, you're the homie for sure ; extremely well liked here. and a disagreement or two doesn't change how you're viewed at all
Got a lot of perspective, I'm enjoying forging bonds here , there's no strain on em.
Big group hugd


Haha, indeed. We'd be arguing this (bleep) in person if we could.


Ha! That would be funny. Hopefully soon man. Won't be able to make summer league but early next season some of us gotta catch a game , even if at a restaurant or something.


No doubt.
_________________
Sign up for The Athletic through this link to get 40% off your first year's subscription: LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject:

officially at 16k views now , analytics show 25k. Bballbreakdown coach Nick told me to email him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject:

Going to be on the Bballbreakdown podcast, just talked to Coach Nick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30050
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Going to be on the Bballbreakdown podcast, just talked to Coach Nick.


When you're in hollywood don't forget about us
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 28809

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Going to be on the Bballbreakdown podcast, just talked to Coach Nick.


When you're in hollywood don't forget about us


haha, I'm really just interested in doing some write-ups for a good outlet, that's about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93029
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

KIROE's schedule this week:

1. Zach Lowe podcast
2. The Ringer with Bill Simmons
3. Nate Duncan's podcast
4. David Locke's podcast.
5. TWC with Dave Miller who talks about how his lack of hair made him a killer shooter.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 17012
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject:

Just catching up on LG and saw your video on the DLO thread - interesting theory KIROE, congrats as well!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 20876

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject:

I don't know whether you're right or wrong, but I can see your reasoning. Kudos on an original idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93029
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject:

I do notice though when I used to have spiky hair that was gelled high up, it would sometimes alter how I shot the ball. Like it was a hindrance. So I think the theory makes some sense.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB