Rumor: Sacramento Interested in Randle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Rumor: Sacramento Interested in Randle

I have a friend who has connections within the Kings organization and he told me that he hears whispers that Vlade is interested in Randle. Don't know the validity of the specifics but he speculated something like Randle for Cauley-Stein and the 8th pick (maybe our 32nd also). He was speculating that the Lakers have an interest in Domantas Sabonis at #8...
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Rumor: Sacramento Interested in Randle

LakersFanESS wrote:
I have a friend who has connections within the Kings organization and he told me that he hears whispers that Vlade is interested in Randle. Don't know the validity of the specifics but he speculated something like Randle for Cauley-Stein and the 8th pick (maybe our 32nd also). He was speculating that the Lakers have an interest in Domantas Sabonis at #8...

Honestly I love Randle, but Nance is a really nice 4 piece already... So if you get a center for the future and another lotto... You've gotta consider it. Also I've watched Gonzaga during the entire run (eventually a student there) and got to know them all. I knew Adam Morrison would bust, I knew Turiaf would be a serviceable player, I called Sacre's low ceiling but being a useful NBA backup (which some people still debate here, but Sacre is a legitimate NBA 2nd or 3rd string center).

Sabonis is the real deal. Absolutely the real deal. He'll be the second best player outside Stockton in Gonzaga history. I can't remember as well of a rounded (with all the intangibles) bigman in college like him. That's not to say he's the best bigman I've ever seen, etc. But this guy is a rebounding hound, with elite passing skills, and can defend all the positions on the court. He's a more athletic version of vlade, or frankly a smaller version of his dad in every regard exept maybe scoring.

I love Randle, but because the Lakers would get their long term center in WCS, and because they would be holding onto Ingram for the 3 spot, they still have Larry Nance, and because they get to roll the dice on Sabonis... If I'm the Lakers - I would think long and hard on that one.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

If they want to give us the 8th pick as well...

I'd do that deal if it were just the two players straight up.

Don't tease me, though. Getting WCS would be a dream.
lakerfanatic reborn
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

#8 would be too high for Sabonis. 6'10" with 6'10.5" wingspan that looks like he's stuck in molasses. Can't protect the rim. Kinda feels like Okafor. I think in that #8 spot you would look to land Murray, Brown, Chriss or Hield. And picking up WCS would be a steal.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Sorry Queens. Stick to being irrelevant and stay away from my young one.

Dr. No says NO
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject:

Love Randle but that's a no-duh deal. I'd probably do it for WCS alone.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Bye Randle. Welcome WCS and the #8!
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

If we were to get WCS and take Chriss with #8 to replace Randle I am all for it. I like Sabonis too, but I think Chriss is a special talent...but I said that about Javaris Crittendon
ozzie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject:

Why would the Kings trade their center and not get one in return?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Rumor: Sacramento Interested in Randle

LakersFanESS wrote:

IF that were true, the Lakers should do that trade.

Getting WCS, sign Horford, and then you have quite an interesting team for a guy like KD. Trade the 8th pick for another vet.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject:

ozzie wrote:
Why would the Kings trade their center and not get one in return?

Well they actually have two centers.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

Too bad for them because Randle is laker for life.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject:

no way in hell Kings would give up WCS and #8 for Randle
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

We'll see. I just see our young pups like little sea turtles scurrying out to the sea. Not all will make it.

The crazy thing is that Jules is now entering his 3rd season. It's a big year for him to show he's worthy of an extension.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

We'll see. I just see our young pups like little sea turtles scurrying out to the sea. Not all will make it.

The crazy thing is that Jules is now entering his 3rd season. It's a big year for him to show he's worthy of an extension.

but other team's young pups are guaranteed to turn into sharks right? LG has this thing where any young player who is not on our team (whether coming into the draft or on another team) is gold and ours are fool's gold. So we tend to ignore the warts in other team's players.

Jules is technically entering his 3rd season, but in reality it is his second. Mitch knows that. His extension, Clarkson's RFA, and Russell's extension are literally the least of our worries. They are all pretty well cost controlled, and even if we paid them their full they would be easily tradeable with the CBA going up. See Harris, Tobias.

Every time someone wanted to acquire a young guy from an opposing team all we'd hear is you're never going to get them because they can just extend them and trade them later. And that logic is true. So why should we be worried about extending any our young guys? If they play well, pay them. If they don't play well you won't have to pay them as much. It's simple
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

but other team's young pups are guaranteed to turn into sharks right? LG has this thing where any young player who is not on our team (whether coming into the draft or on another team) is gold and ours are fool's gold. So we tend to ignore the warts in other team's players.

Jules is technically entering his 3rd season, but in reality it is his second. Mitch knows that. His extension, Clarkson's RFA, and Russell's extension are literally the least of our worries. They are all pretty well cost controlled, and even if we paid them their full they would be easily tradeable with the CBA going up. See Harris, Tobias.

Every time someone wanted to acquire a young guy from an opposing team all we'd hear is you're never going to get them because they can just extend them and trade them later. And that logic is true. So why should we be worried about extending any our young guys? If they play well, pay them. If they don't play well you won't have to pay them as much. It's simple

Of course they're not. But we need to temper our expectations. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

I find that opposite of the bolded is true here.

I only bring up Jules' extension b/c losing that 1 year sucked in the evaluative sense. We basically get 4 years to evaluate a player and we lost 1 to injury. So Jules is trying to make up for some lost ground.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Of course they're not. But we need to temper our expectations. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

I only bring up Jules' extension b/c losing that 1 year sucked in the evaluative sense. We basically get 4 years to evaluate a player and we lost 1 to injury. So Jules is trying to make up for some lost ground.

yinomes we STILL have people trying to trade for Okafor for crying out loud
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

yinomes we STILL have people trying to trade for Okafor for crying out loud

Oh that's a small but vocal crowd here. It's the Midas effect, that somehow anything that puts on the purple/gold become great. Sure, some do, but not everyone becomes a star.

It's amplified b/c we usually don't have high draft picks so fans are more devoted to the young players than we would be in the past. (Anyone a vehement Brian Cook fan back in the day?).
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Then stop calling him your boy randle
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Then stop calling him your boy randle

l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Kings Open To Trading DeMarcus Cousins For No. 2 Pick, Julius Randle
[url=http://www.morningnewsusa.com/lakers-rumors-trade-demarcus-cousins-2381392.html][/url]

Instead of the No. 2 pick, send Jordan Clarkson and Randle for Cousins.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
[url=http://www.morningnewsusa.com/lakers-rumors-trade-demarcus-cousins-2381392.html][/url]

Indeed. We can wish.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:

They'd like that wouldn't they?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
http://www.morningnewsusa.com/lakers-rumors-trade-demarcus-cousins-2381392.html

I'd say no to that but who wouldn't be tempted if it convinced Durant and Horford to come on board?

Horford, Black
Cousins, Nance
Durant, Brown
JC, Lou
DLO, Huertas
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: