Future "Hack a Bynum" Problems?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Future "Hack a Bynum" Problems?

It looks as if Bynum has really been getting things done in the post (on some games). In the future, if he becomes a beast, many teams might consider the similar "Hack a Shaq" technique on Bynum. As we all know, Bynum stated after being drafted, "I'm like Shaq, except that I can make my freethrows." He definitely looks like he's on his way to be just as dominant, but he does have a poor free throw percentage. He is, I believe, under Shaq's average, somewhere below 50%. If people in the future do a "Hack a Bynum" against the Lakers, would we be in trouble? We DO, however, see that Bynum can make some shots, even while being fouled, but he can't complete the "and one" on the freethrow attempt.

Thoughts?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject:

yeah, plain and simple his free throw shooting needs to improve with the rest of his game - that's the only solution.

Shaq never wanted to work on his free throws. He seemed like he always felt above it, like he should be allowed a pass on that part of his game since he was so dominant in every other aspect.

The good news is, Bynum seems eager to learn as much as possible, so I think he'll be practicing to improve this part of his game.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject:

I wonder how big Shaq's hands are? I mean he looks like he is throwing a grapefruit toward the rim. Bynum's hands look big, but I'm guessing they aren't as big as Shaq's. Too many things are wrong with Shaq's shot, but good point socks, at least Bynum is eager to learn.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject:

Bynum's form isnt as bad as shaqs. He just needs more practice with in game free throw shooting. He can improve that as he gets to the line more.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

The big difference between Shaquille O'Neal and Andrew Bynum regarding freethrows is one of them might actually develop a good work ethic being around Kobe Bryant. We already know that "old dogs refuses to learn new tricks," therefore it is up to Andrew Bynum to improve his game the way Kobe Bryant does on a consistent basis.

Last edited by orwell on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
TheGoldenChild
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

Bynum is young and has plenty of time to improve on his freethrows, lol.

The guy hasn't really had too much playing time to even get accustomed to shooting FTs in a game.

It'll come. Guaranteed. You can see his shooting motion is nice and smooth for a big, not all mechanical and awkward like Snaq's always has been.

Last edited by TheGoldenChild on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Bynum's form isnt as bad as shaqs. He just needs more practice with in game free throw shooting. He can improve that as he gets to the line more.

Exactly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

Bynum is right on course. Any weakness he has now will hopefully slowly fade as time goes on. We should have no complaints about him. He has gone from barely playing highschool ball, to actually being an NBA scrub. Next jump should be to servicable big=to inside precense=to all-star=to raising banners=to one day lifting his jersey to the heavens.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

Don't worry. Like everyone has said, he's still young. He's 18 years old and will be in the league for at least 20 years...wow! Anyway, he is eager, has Kobe as a day to day role model and idealized Tim Duncan before entering the league. There is no question that he wants to improve and will do anything to do so. I bet if his game is lacking in an aspect and someone says, "You play just like Snaq did," that will inspire him to dig deeper and work harder.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: