My thoughts on the roster and off-season potential:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: My thoughts on the roster and off-season potential:

7 under contract:
Black, Brown, Nance, Randle, Russell, Williams, Young

Of these, I expect Nick Young to get bought out, if a trade can't be made.

Then I expect Clarkson will be brought back at MLE or slightly higher, so we are back to 7 players, with Clarkson taking Young's place on the 2016-7 roster.

From last year's 17 win roster:
Bass, Kobe (retired), Hibbert, Huerta, Kelly, Sacre, MWP

Bass probably retires or goes someplace else more lucrative. Huerta and Sacre are probably the most likely holdovers, because they are cheap contracts, and serve some purpose as 10-15 players on a roster. Kelly is a stretch maybe, but I think they likely find another shooting PF on the cheap, possibly with pick #32. Hibbert is a NO WAY and MWP is likely retiring to either coach or some personnel front office role with the Lakers. So possibly adding Huerta and Sacre brings us up to 9 players.

#2 pick - hopefully Ingram, maybe having our first decent SF since Ariza left. #32 pick - I think this is either a backup PF or C, so that brings us to 11 players.

Free agents, who do we try and go get? I'd like us to try and get Ezell out of Golden State, as GS will be under pressure to try to hold on to players like Barnes. I think 4 years at $16 million a year is too rich for GS, we get a good young defensive big and also weaken GS. Then for our other big free agent, I think we need a SF/SG and Bazemore fits the bill, 4 year $12 million a year. Last spot - take a flyer on a older SG vet possible.

PG Russell, Williams, Huertas
SG Bazemore, Clarkson, Vet to fill out roster
SF Ingram, Bazemore, Brown
PF Randle, Nance, #32
C Ezell, Black, Sacre
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject:

The off-season plan you have is pretty reasonable. Obviously Lakers want to trade Nick Young but I do not think any team will take him on. As you say, we might see Young bought out.

From last year's team, the only RFA or UFA I'm interested in bringing back are Clarkson and Kelly. I still think Kelly can be a productive stretch 4 if given the opportunity. His best year was with Mike D'antoni in 2013-14. He had 24 games where he played over 24 minutes and averaged 12.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1 block, and 0.9 steals. He had 19 games where he played over 28 minutes and averaged 15.2 points, 6.4 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.1 blocks, and 1.1 steals.

In comparison, Ryan Anderson averaged 30 minutes last season and averaged 17 points, 6 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 0.4 blocks, 0.6 steals.

I do not like Huertas and personally hope they bring back Steve Blake for veteran and PG leadership.

I like the Ezeli signing but Bazemore would be our Plan F. There are other players we should target before signing Bazemore.

Here are free agents I think Lakers management should target.

Tier 1 - Superstar

Kevin Durant

Tier 2 - All-Stars

Hassan Whiteside
DeMar DeRozan
Al Horford

Tier 3 - Above average role players

Jordan Clarkson
Harrison Barnes
Chandler Parsons
Nicolas Batum
Festus Ezeli

Tier 4 - Role Players

Evan Turner
Jeff Green
Gerald Henderson
Bismack Biyombo
Ian Mahinmi

Tier 5 - Veterans and Bench

Mo Williams
Solomon Hill
Chase Budinger
Steve Blake
Aaron Brooks
Kirk Hinrich
Jordan Hill
Tarik Black
Allen Crabbe
Tayshaun Prince
DJ Augustin
Miles Plumlee
Ramon Sessions
Elton Brand
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject:

Reasonable Yes, but I tend to believe the Lakers will try to make and emphatic SPLASH this off season with Free Agency, so I expect them to do something drastic and stupid. Hopefully it's not so stupid to lose our pick and get some old relic in return.

I like your scenario and overall it makes for an exciting Lakers Off Season!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: