Laker Film Room - Flow Offense
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Laker Film Room - Flow Offense

Give me a follow on Twitter @LakerFilmRoom if you haven't already. Enjoy.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject:

gracias
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Great GT!
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to watching after the game is over
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Watch NBA finals or watch GT video........so conflicted
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Watch NBA finals or watch GT video........so conflicted

Watch the Finals!
Haterade
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Great stuff as usual.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject:

I need to marinate on this video for a minute....

!...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

So nice, I watched it twice. I think these will be the easiest for the Lakers to integrate since they already were doing a basic version 1.0 of some of these actions. Preschool is over. Time to get their real education.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Thanks again GT!

Looking forward to seeing Clarkson and Russell's games open up and evolve in these sets. Last season Russell had very limited options coming off a pick. Often times he would just kick the ball out without creating any real openings because of the lack of weak side action.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Good music!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
I need to marinate on this video for a minute....

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Awesome work, GT. Gotta watch these videos a few more times, I feel like they don't sink in otherwise
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
So nice, I watched it twice. I think these will be the easiest for the Lakers to integrate since they already were doing a basic version 1.0 of some of these actions. Preschool is over. Time to get their real education.

Yup, we were already running splits from low and high post, but with bad screens, immobile passers, and with very limited time left on the clock. It will feel like they're playing with the dead weights taken off.

Nice job GT and thanks for the shoutout!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Yup, we were already running splits from low and high post, but with bad screens, immobile passers, and with very limited time left on the clock. It will feel like they're playing with the dead weights taken off.

Nice job GT and thanks for the shoutout!

Thank you for your help, my friend.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Another great video GT. Thank you!
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject:

I wonder since GSW has been so successful with this offense how long it will remain superior or super effective. What I mean is every team in the league must be studying what GSW has been doing, copying some of it, and learning to defend against it. So if that's the case, after awhile every player in the league knows it well and how to defend it. At that point it's really more about the players and less about the offense, which is an area we are not superior to most teams. None the less, I feel it will really help the Lakers and make some of our players look a lot better than they did previously.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject:

Startrout wrote:
I wonder since GSW has been so successful with this offense how long it will remain superior or super effective. What I mean is every team in the league must be studying what GSW has been doing, copying some of it, and learning to defend against it. So if that's the case, after awhile every player in the league knows it well and how to defend it. At that point it's really more about the players and less about the offense, which is an area we are not superior to most teams. None the less, I feel it will really help the Lakers and make some of our players look a lot better than they did previously.

The quality of your players is always the most important ingredient, but I don't think we're at the point where the league has figured out this style of offense. This style of play is a Basketball Judo of sorts, where if the defense is taking away one thing, they're giving up another, and then you can use what they do against them. Then it all boils down to:

-Can your players recognize what the defense is doing, and react with the counter?
-Do they possess the skill set to take advantage of it?

The way I see it, we'll be the 4th or 5th team to play this style, and the only one that's young that will be playing this way, with a variety of young guys whose skill set is multi-faceted. This next year will be teaching them how to play this way. How to set and use screens, how to react off of them, etc. I actually don't think it's going to take very long. We're in good shape.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject:

Yesssssssssssssssssss!

I've been waiting for this whole week!
Wish you have some assistants so you can make one episode per day~

Just want to let you know how much I (and prob. a lot of fellow LGers around the world) appreciate your effort. Truly do.

I don't expect our kids to be that fluid as shown in your vid. But I'm so
excited to see how many open and easy opportunities new offense will generate for young squad to take advantage of, especially in comparison to BS' offense that was sooo BS.

now, enough of chat time.
get back to your dungeon and work on the next one now!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Startrout wrote:

The quality of your players is always the most important ingredient, but I don't think we're at the point where the league has figured out this style of offense. This style of play is a Basketball Judo of sorts, where if the defense is taking away one thing, they're giving up another, and then you can use what they do against them. Then it all boils down to:

-Can your players recognize what the defense is doing, and react with the counter?

The way I see it, we'll be the 4th or 5th team to play this style, and the only one that's young that will be playing this way, with a variety of young guys whose skill set is multi-faceted. This next year will be teaching them how to play this way. How to set and use screens, how to react off of them, etc. I actually don't think it's going to take very long. We're in good shape.

I sent your videos to my "old school" uncle. He's excited to watch! Also sent them to by cousin who played college hoops, loves basketball, but is sadly a Bulls fan lol. Thanks for the effort you put into these. It's very well done and much appreciated!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

As usual great work GT. It is fun watching the video and visualizing how the Laker players can fit what the Warriors are doing. I agree on your comments regarding BB and Whiteside, having one of them wouldn't stop the team from running these sets, they would just have to have different responsibilities than Bogut and Green do. I think Randle could kill these sets with his passing ability. And on the first set of strong side screens I noticed that the weak side wing was always open. Imagine Lou or Young getting catch and shoot opportunities out of those sets.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Great job, again, GT. Thanks! Just a question: if Luke implements everything you point in your videos, how long do you think our players will take to be executing it all well?

I reckon they will struggle for some months, with high TO rates and likely a decrease in FG%. I have in mind it's a bunch of young players still trying to find their game and things won't happen as smooth as it went with GSW. Anyway, I won't be surprised if we can see some real improvement only after ASG.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Great video GT, as always! Gets me excited to see what Luke can do with these guys.

One question though. At the 8:35 mark, it says "Corner sets a backscreen for Iguodala".

Who is corner? Or were you just not sure who the player was? (I couldn't figure it out by watching)
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Great video GT, as always! Gets me excited to see what Luke can do with these guys.

One question though. At the 8:35 mark, it says "Corner sets a backscreen for Iguodala".

Who is corner? Or were you just not sure who the player was? (I couldn't figure it out by watching)

Something like that.

I think it was Ian Clark but I wasn't sure. He came from the corner position to set the screen, so that's what I put.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Startrout wrote:

I sent your videos to my "old school" uncle. He's excited to watch! Also sent them to by cousin who played college hoops, loves basketball, but is sadly a Bulls fan lol. Thanks for the effort you put into these. It's very well done and much appreciated!!

Awesome, man. I hope they enjoy it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: