PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject:

<Deleted by 32>

Last edited by 32 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
rough time ..... the combination of race and money sells. If that was PJ from Compton instead of OJ from Brentwood, we wouldnt have given two (bleep). Poor black guy from Compton kills two white people just dont do it. But you throw in that rich, handsome, all American black guy who jumps over chair as he runs through the airport, cha ching.

Black folks dont trust the justice system. Hasnt worked during for us during segregation and the Jim Crow 60s, didnt work for us when we were getting our asses kicked by the police off camera, didnt work for us when we get our asses kicked on camera and it doesn't work for us today.

So when hegot off, I know a lot of white folks came up to me and said, "I now know how you feel" ...... atleast for one day, they did.

Did you get PJ from Compton from Hacksaw Hamilton? I remember his saying that in 1995.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
rough time ..... the combination of race and money sells. If that was PJ from Compton instead of OJ from Brentwood, we wouldnt have given two (bleep). Poor black guy from Compton kills two white people just dont do it. But you throw in that rich, handsome, all American black guy who jumps over chair as he runs through the airport, cha ching.

Black folks dont trust the justice system. Hasnt worked during for us during segregation and the Jim Crow 60s, didnt work for us when we were getting our asses kicked by the police off camera, didnt work for us when we get our asses kicked on camera and it doesn't work for us today.

So when hegot off, I know a lot of white folks came up to me and said, "I now know how you feel" ...... atleast for one day, they did.

Did you get PJ from Compton from Hacksaw Hamilton? I remember his saying that in 1995.

Lol. You remember that too?? Usta love listening to that dude because he would answer every question until some dude asked him what did he think about some dude that didn't exist and he gave the caller a strong take on his strengths. Lol. Classic.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Lol. You remember that too?? Usta love listening to that dude because he would answer every question until some dude asked him what did he think about some dude that didn't exist and he gave the caller a strong take on his strengths. Lol. Classic.

From the desert to the sea.....
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

^^ Legendary pimp Jerry Dunphy started with that too.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Dunphy almost bought cake returning to work one night. I forgot, was it robbery, a jack, what was the reason he was shot at?

From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California, a good evening.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

lol Yeah he was awesome pre Internet days.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

If only Garcetti had reached out to Screamin A Smit. OJ would have been convicted:

LINK

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
I wonder what the turning point was when most black people started to think he did it.

It was a complicated case with a lot of evidence and a lot of defense that countered that evidence. It is easy to forget the detail. I have just been reviewing the case, and upon review, I can now remember better why there is reasonable doubt.

Also, let's not forget about our racist in the case, Mark da Fuhrerman. After Fuhrman claimed he had not used THAT word, and the defense found recorded evidence to the contrary, no matter what kind of explanation Ito could give to the jurors regarding what taking the fifth means and does not, when he was called back on re-cross, he was advised to take the fifth, which meant to all questions. When, at that point, he was asked if he had planted or manufactured evidence in the case, his only answer could be that he was taking the fifth. To see the guy who found the glove (that did not fit) not be able to answer that question, would have to be powerful towards reasonable doubt to the jurors and to the black community, particularly.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Regarding the topic heading, I prefer not to make this a race issue, I think it is an intelligence issue, meaning knowledge of the facts.

And the fact is anyone who has followed the facts and has the proper intelligence level to apply logic to those facts...

KNOWS he is right where he is supposed to be...!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Dunphy almost bought cake returning to work one night. I forgot, was it robbery, a jack, what was the reason he was shot at?

As I recall, it was actually a home invasion where he got shot. It was him not making it to the newsroom that set the discovery of what happened into motion and the cops found him in his home when they went to investigate.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

As I recall, it was actually a home invasion where he got shot. It was him not making it to the newsroom that set the discovery of what happened into motion and the cops found him in his home when they went to investigate.

News anchorman Jerry Dunphy, shot in an ambush outside...

LINK

Quote:
Dunphy and KABC makeup artist Sandra Marshall were attacked Oct. 24 as they were driving back to the station after dinner to prepare for the 11 p.m. newscast.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Dunphy and KABC makeup artist Sandra Marshall were attacked Oct. 24 as they were driving back to the station after dinner to prepare for the 11 p.m. newscast.

His hair made him stand out to the shooter, even at 11 pm.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Regarding the topic heading, I prefer not to make this a race issue, I think it is an intelligence issue, meaning knowledge of the facts.

And the fact is anyone who has followed the facts and has the proper intelligence level to apply logic to those facts...

Meaning knowledge of the facts? Who then, best had that knowledge? You from your living room, or the jurors who sat there for nine months?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Meaning knowledge of the facts? Who then, best had that knowledge? You from your living room, or the jurors who sat there for nine months?

Well if we are talking knowledge, anyone who knows what went on with the OJ trial knows that the jurors are the last people you want to turn to for accuracy and impartiality.

EDIT: I'd also add that the OJ trial was the most widely covered trial in history and virtually every moment that played out in front of the jury (and a ton of stuff that didn't) was shown on live TV. Those in the living room were privy to everything the jurors in the courtroom were.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject:

I know DNA was at it's infancy back then but anyone know why they didnt test the hairs in the cap? The cap that was left there had curly hairs in it. Wouldnt that be enough if those hairs matched OJ? Why didnt they do that?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

OX1947 wrote:
I know DNA was at it's infancy back then but anyone know why they didnt test the hairs in the cap? The cap that was left there had curly hairs in it. Wouldnt that be enough if those hairs matched OJ? Why didnt they do that?

They had a DNA match to OJ as it was.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Well if we are talking knowledge, anyone who knows what went on with the OJ trial knows that the jurors are the last people you want to turn to for accuracy and impartiality.

EDIT: I'd also add that the OJ trial was the most widely covered trial in history and virtually every moment that played out in front of the jury (and a ton of stuff that didn't) was shown on live TV. Those in the living room were privy to everything the jurors in the courtroom were.

I highly doubt anyone in this forum watched every minute of the trial and took notes as did the jurors. Also, we only saw what the camera showed. They saw it all. I probably saw 75% or so myself, and I predicted and still agree with the jurors finding.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

They had a DNA match to OJ as it was.

As I recall, they found hairs that were consistent with being OJ's, but, then, did not have the near certainty as did DNA testing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject:

Part 5 of O.J. Made in America was revealing. Carl Douglas's account of Simpson's sentencing for the Las Vegas crime was is his mind, The Fifth Quarter.

He said his high school football team was terrible. They may lose the fourth quarter but they weren't going to lose the Fifth Quarter, THE FIGHT.

He said the sentencing was White people winning the Fifth Quarter.

Carl said OJ's Vegas crime was a 2 year max.

Judge held the jury out until 11:00 on a Friday, 13 years to the day of OJ sentence on Oct 3rd.

The 33 year sentence reflected the 33 million dollar awarded in the civil case.

This series is showing OJ in a light not many have seen.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Part 5 of O.J. Made in America was revealing. Carl Douglas's account of Simpson's sentencing for the Las Vegas crime was is his mind, The Fifth Quarter.

He said his high school football team was terrible. They may lose the fourth quarter but they weren't going to lose the Fifth Quarter, THE FIGHT.

Judge held the jury out until 11:00 on a Friday, 13 years to the day of OJ sentence on Oct 3rd.

I don't think that is new information. Most people knew the Vegas robbery case was a make up call for the failure of the prosecution to nail him for murder charge back in 1995. OJ was an idiot for putting himself in that position in the first place. But then if you think are invincible from the law you tend to become careless.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't think that is new information. Most people knew the Vegas robbery case was a make up call for the failure of the prosecution to nail him for murder charge back in 1995. OJ was an idiot for putting himself in that position in the first place. But then if you think are invincible from the law you tend to become careless.

I know it's not new. I'm watching the OJ Made in America series and posting what Carl Douglas said. I hadn't connected the bold

A lot of people feel as you do, I'm one. OJ thought he was invincible. A smart person would have gone into invisible mode. His ego was his downfall.

I didn't know OJ the person. I only knew what he media allowed. This series is showing a egomaniac. A person with a chameleon like personality.

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Sitting, listening, and even taking notes for several months doesn't even come close to guaranteeing that a person will even have a clue about the subject. Otherwise, all the teenagers in American who have sat in classes for 9-10 months, took notes, did homework, took tests, etc. would be a lot smarter than they are.

That's one reason I don't trust these juries. And assuming they are reasonably intelligent and pay attention to the case, a group of 12 different jurors could easily come to a completely different conclusion. We even see something similar on these forums all the time. Two different people will take the same pieces of information and come to completely different conclusions.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I highly doubt anyone in this forum watched every minute of the trial and took notes as did the jurors. Also, we only saw what the camera showed. They saw it all. I probably saw 75% or so myself, and I predicted and still agree with the jurors finding.

One of the jurors said it was payback for Rodney King.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Anyone think Ron Shipp saying OJ will eventually admit he did it, will happen? I'm thinking if his parole next year goes lame, maybe he finally tells everyone how it went.

I wanted him to be innocent. I really did. I was a teenager at the time and really didnt follow all the details during the trial. I started really paying attention after. How he was acting. And all I could think of is, why is he being such a dick? And then as I kept hearing the stupid (bleep) he was doing, I was like this guy is a piece of crap. Not caring anything for his kids or the families.

Seeing him celebrating at his home like he had just won the Super Bowl. I was like, dude, the mother of your children is still dead. What are you celebrating for? And all those schmucks still being there so they can mooch off him. Just a disgusting display of human beings. Forget the race thing. The selfishness from the juror, people around thing, just a disgusting display of how pathetic human beings can be.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: