The Quote of the night on OJ made in America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
People who think this was a simple murder case do not understand the undercurrent that was going on in LA during the 90's. It was basically a tinderbox of frustrations that could boil over at any minute and you could have full blown riots similar to 1992. I guess the modern day analogy would to be similar to Ferguson or Baltimore. You had numerous frustrations in the community dealing with race relations, unemployment, etc

Actually it was a simple murder case. Straight forward and clear cut. It's too bad that the political climate os Los Angeles at the time reared it's ugly head and affected the outcome.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject:

R-Tistic wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
People who think this was a simple murder case do not understand the undercurrent that was going on in LA during the 90's. It was basically a tinderbox of frustrations that could boil over at any minute and you could have full blown riots similar to 1992. I guess the modern day analogy would to be similar to Ferguson or Baltimore. You had numerous frustrations in the community dealing with race relations, unemployment, etc

Yep. I HATE when people look back at it with 2016 goggles on.

Let's go back to 1994 then. Records of continuous beatings. Continuous stocking. Recordings of him screaming on the phone when Nicole would call the police. THEN, Nicole gets murdered. THEN, during the investigation they find blood, gloves, cap with black African/Caribbean hairs in it, blood on OJ's Bronco, a cut on his finger in which he quote 3 different stories on how it happened. A lady sees him speeding from the Bundy area in the white bronco. He refuses to take a lie detector test and tells Ron Shipp that he has thought about killing Nicole. Runs off and acts like he is going to kill himself and creates the most famous police chase in American history. Shall I go on? I think you get the point.

And then, all the attention seeking morons need to come show their faces with their signs and BS. All these people running around protesting OJ's innocence not because he is, but they are trying to get back at the establishment off the backs of an innocent woman and man who were butchered by a man who, if you would have asked him, "Do you want all black people out of LA?" He would have said yes before you finished the question.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject:

OX1947 wrote:
R-Tistic wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Let's go back to 1994 then. Records of continuous beatings. Continuous stocking. Recordings of him screaming on the phone when Nicole would call the police. THEN, Nicole gets murdered. THEN, during the investigation they find blood, gloves, cap with black African/Caribbean hairs in it, blood on OJ's Bronco, a cut on his finger in which he quote 3 different stories on how it happened. A lady sees him speeding from the Bundy area in the white bronco. He refuses to take a lie detector test and tells Ron Shipp that he has thought about killing Nicole. Runs off and acts like he is going to kill himself and creates the most famous police chase in American history. Shall I go on? I think you get the point.

And then, all the attention seeking morons need to come show their faces with their signs and BS. All these people running around protesting OJ's innocence not because he is, but they are trying to get back at the establishment off the backs of an innocent woman and man who were butchered by a man who, if you would have asked him, "Do you want all black people out of LA?" He would have said yes before you finished the question.

How about the fact the DA moved the case from Santa Monica to Downtown LA because they wanted to quell the discontent that was going on in the community at the time after the 1992 riots. At the time they wanted to score political points with the public. Sure the Downtown LA courts could better handle a high profile case but they also let in exterior elements into the case that would ultimately lead to a not guilty verdict.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Actually it was a simple murder case. Straight forward and clear cut. It's too bad that the political climate os Los Angeles at the time reared it's ugly head and affected the outcome.

^THIS.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

One good thing this case did do was show the seriousness of domestic violence and improved laws in removing the man from the situation at the time of the incident
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
R-Tistic wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

How about the fact the DA moved the case from Santa Monica to Downtown LA because they wanted to quell the discontent that was going on in the community at the time after the 1992 riots. At the time they wanted to score political points with the public. Sure the Downtown LA courts could better handle a high profile case but they also let in exterior elements into the case that would ultimately lead to a not guilty verdict.

The People let a guilty man go. Because of their own selfish BS. Current climate in LA had nothing to do with a guy killing 2 people and having all the evidence to prove he did. This had nothing to do with Cops beating people up for no reason or some murderer shooting kids in the back.

By the way, Carl E. Douglas looked like a complete douche bag in these interviews. The hell was he doing? Did the smog in LA burn his brain cells? He was talking like he was promoting a prize fight. That guy was a disgrace in these interviews and him boasting about changing OJ's home into an African village was about as racist a thing as I could ever see.

Then he went on talking about pinatas and Mariachi bands? Really folks? If that was a Mexican yapping about how he turned some black persons house into KFC buckets and Kool-Aid or if some white lawyer said we turned the black house into a plantation, they would have been edited out of that documentary so fast you wouldn't even know they existed.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Marcia Clark still pointing fingers on why she lost and not looking in the mirror, and man OJ's comment on all the black people in Brentwood when he was arrested, I grew up in Buffalo and Juice was one of my first sports hero, but my dad didnt like him because he always made it known he never wanted to be in Buffalo. Also, knew some cops and they regularly had to make stops at OJ's house because he did to his 1st wife what he did to Nicole but in those days and autograph and a handshake from "The Juice" and have a nice hight is all that happened.

Moved to LA in 1999 watching what really led up to the 92 Riots I had to tell a friend man I didnt realize all that was going on out here wow just a great documentary overall

I blame the prosecution for the reason why they couldn't get a guilty verdict. Lets face it Christopher Darden getting OJ to put on the glove was probably one of the dumbest moves in that case. We know jurors aren't experts in law and criminal matters but something as visual as a glove not fitting speaks volumes for them. The prosecution at the time knew the case wasn't going too well for them so they went for the glove demonstration as a hail mary. Turned out to be the cherry on top of the list of screw ups.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

As someone who thought OJ was guilty....from day one...I Absolutely understand the jurys verdict,...the dirty, dirty, dirtiness of the LAPD, bad prosecutors strategy, and OJ having enough money to bring in his defense team of lawyers....got him off....

It was the American way

When you saw black folk celebrating after the verdict......it really had NOTHING to do with OJ...as I posted earlier... OJ hadn't been 'black' for years.....it was about, after years and years of people of color having their throats stepped on.......ONE actually used the system to get away.....unfortunately Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman were victims
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject:

OX1947 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
R-Tistic wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

The People let a guilty man go. Because of their own selfish BS. Current climate in LA had nothing to do with a guy killing 2 people and having all the evidence to prove he did. This had nothing to do with Cops beating people up for no reason or some murderer shooting kids in the back.

By the way, Carl E. Douglas looked like a complete douche bag in these interviews. The hell was he doing? Did the smog in LA burn his brain cells? He was talking like he was promoting a prize fight. That guy was a disgrace in these interviews and him boasting about changing OJ's home into an African village was about as racist a thing as I could ever see.

Then he went on talking about pinatas and Mariachi bands? Really folks? If that was a Mexican yapping about how he turned some black persons house into KFC buckets and Kool-Aid or if some white lawyer said we turned the black house into a plantation, they would have been edited out of that documentary so fast you wouldn't even know they existed.

I hope you realize OJ wasn't the first man to get away.....Carl Douglas was talking about winning defensive stratagies.....RACE IS AN ISSUE IN AMERICA.... too bad for us all
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

"If we had had a latin jury we would had a picture of him in a sombrero"

LMAO

!...
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
R-Tistic wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I hope you realize OJ wasn't the first man to get away.....Carl Douglas was talking about winning defensive stratagies.....RACE IS AN ISSUE IN AMERICA.... too bad for us all

Race had something to do with Rodney King. Race had something to do with Latasha Harlins. Race had something to do with the Watts riots. Race DID NOT have anything to do with OJ going to Bundy and pez dispensing Nicole and killing a kid delivering sunglasses.

The defense used it, fine, that's their shtick, however, the fact that the people bought into it was a disgrace and they should be labeled in the same way Daryl Gates and all the other racists out there were labeled. They are no different. Just the other side of the spectrum.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Marcia Clark still pointing fingers on why she lost and not looking in the mirror, and man OJ's comment on all the black people in Brentwood when he was arrested, I grew up in Buffalo and Juice was one of my first sports hero, but my dad didnt like him because he always made it known he never wanted to be in Buffalo. Also, knew some cops and they regularly had to make stops at OJ's house because he did to his 1st wife what he did to Nicole but in those days and autograph and a handshake from "The Juice" and have a nice hight is all that happened.

Moved to LA in 1999 watching what really led up to the 92 Riots I had to tell a friend man I didnt realize all that was going on out here wow just a great documentary overall

I blame the prosecution for the reason why they couldn't get a guilty verdict. Lets face it Christopher Darden getting OJ to put on the glove was probably one of the dumbest moves in that case. We know jurors aren't experts in law and criminal matters but something as visual as a glove not fitting speaks volumes for them. The prosecution at the time knew the case wasn't going too well for them so they went for the glove demonstration as a hail mary. Turned out to be the cherry on top of the list of screw ups.

Those gloves would have fit perfect if not for the latex gloves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
One good thing this case did do was show the seriousness of domestic violence and improved laws in removing the man from the situation at the time of the incident

It probably shaped the public's and professionals' attitudes towards the importance of evidence preservation. By pros, I mean all entities that have access to a crime scene, evidence, and the body-ies of the victims. They made a mess of the scene and even washed away blood spatter on her back (downward drops of someone looming over her corpse) and it irreparably damaged their case. The proposed timeline is a little far-fetched, too, lest OJ had help.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

OX 1947 posted.
"Race had something to do with Rodney King. Race had something to do with Latasha Harlins. Race had something to do with the Watts riots. Race DID NOT have anything to do with OJ going to Bundy and pez dispensing Nicole and killing a kid delivering sunglasses.

The defense used it, fine, that's their shtick, however, the fact that the people bought into it was a disgrace and they should be labeled in the same way Daryl Gates and all the other racists out there were labeled. They are no different. Just the other side of the spectrum."

None of us lives in a vacuum....our past experiences shade how we live our lives and our daily opinions

Last edited by Qsmiff on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
Race had something to do with Rodney King. Race had something to do with Latasha Harlins. Race had something to do with the Watts riots. Race DID NOT have anything to do with OJ going to Bundy and pez dispensing Nicole and killing a kid delivering sunglasses.

There's a pic of her neck online. Looks like Pac Man eating a dot. Absolutely grisly. Her's was a throat cut with malice aforethought.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:

OX1947 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Those gloves would have fit perfect if not for the latex gloves.

You speak like as if it was a forgone conclusion. We know that those leather gloves would've shrunk from moisture. OJ's hands were swollen because he stopped taking medication. Even without putting on those latex gloves they probably would not have fit. It was very dumb of the prosecution, specifically Christopher Darden to go ahead with that demonstration. It was an unnecessary gamble on their part that failed spectacularly in front of the world to see.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:

There's a pic of her neck online. Looks like Pac Man eating a dot. Absolutely grisly. Her's was a throat cut with malice aforethought.

Not sure about whats the point of your post.....Why would anyone want to see that???
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:

Not sure about whats the point of your post.....Why would anyone want to see that???

Wat.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject:

Qsmiff wrote:
OX 1947 posted.
"Race had something to do with Rodney King. Race had something to do with Latasha Harlins. Race had something to do with the Watts riots. Race DID NOT have anything to do with OJ going to Bundy and pez dispensing Nicole and killing a kid delivering sunglasses.

The defense used it, fine, that's their shtick, however, the fact that the people bought into it was a disgrace and they should be labeled in the same way Daryl Gates and all the other racists out there were labeled. They are no different. Just the other side of the spectrum."

None of us lives in a vacuum....our past experiences shade how we live our lives and our daily opinions

Sure, but one's experiences don't absolve one of the obligation to conduct oneself honorably, justly and appropriately.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
OX 1947 posted.

Sure, but one's experiences don't absolve one of the obligation to conduct oneself honorably, justly and appropriately.

Absolutely true......but years and years of perceived unfairness shades your view
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Even without the glove "not fitting" the way that Ito allowed the defense to poke holes in the integrity of evidence collection raised enough reasonable doubt.

The Prosecution was awful as was Ito, the defense proved that there was reasonable doubt they never truly proved OJ didnt do it, nor was that there defense. Their defense was the corrupt racist LAPD went out of their way to once again frame an innocent black man.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Wow, people who are not used to being treated unfairly are STILL burning over the OJ verdict. Injustice sucks really, really badly doesn't it?
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject:

cinimod wrote:
Wow, people who are not used to being treated unfairly are STILL burning over the OJ verdict. Injustice sucks really, really badly doesn't it?

Lol ....well said!!
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
Qsmiff wrote:
Ouote of the night epi #2
Police Commissioner Daryl Gate's response to 'why so many Black people were dying from the LAPD choke hold'...."they don't respond like NORMAL people do"......lol. ...Where does the bitterness come from??

Some of the black community (and others I'm sure) went on to call cop cars "black and normal's".

ESPN is really blowing it out of the park with this one I think. I heard something about being able to view all the episodes before they air on an app or website??? Anyone do that?

Yeah. I checked it all out. Pretty good docu. Brought back a lot of memories. Juice was really on one and Carl Douglass was the star of this program.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I think OJ did it, but also think he deservedly based on the case was found Not Guilty, however he suffered the worst sentence he could have gotten, he lost his fame and lost his ability to be "The Juice" in his life.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: