Laker Film Room - How Brandon Ingram Fits In w/the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Hey GT! Lakers Film Room is easily the best thing you create here. I don't think you should stop making videos.

I think it would be pretty cool if you made some videos on strengths and weaknesses of current nba player.

Maybe you could create profiles on the available free agents?

Good idea, I'd love to see this done on our current laker players as well

I definitely plan on doing this. Every video is going to be Laker-centric, so while I don't see myself making videos like that for NBA players who aren't on the Lakers, I will make them for those who are.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to set aside some time to check it out this evening, GT.

Do you or others have an adult beverage recommendation to go with it?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Ecto Cooler.

!...
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:
Quick someone send this to the 6er's front office

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Ecto Cooler.
alexamerling43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject:

TylersLakers wrote:
Thanks. Looking forward to watching this! Lakers better not screw this up and go Hield, Murray or Bender instead, which I have a feeling they'll do.

Quit spreading panic. Bender is falling on a lot of teams draft boards and a report came out today that we would have targeted Ingram if we had the #1 pick. I highly doubt we pass on Ingram or Simmons.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Ecto Cooler.

Hot night, definitely need something cold. Don't have ingredients to pull that off, but spotted some mango lemonade in the fridge and added some vodka.

Great job, GT. I kept thinking about what Ingram will look like 4 years from now and just 22. Also, how glad I am Luke will be coaching and not Scott. Perfect fit with Luke...all the footwork and little things Ingram needs were Luke's strength.

Just a few more days...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Great job as always. I too think that rebounding in the NBA will take him the longest to adjust to. Though I have to admit, on some of those misses early in the video he sure was up quick to get that offensive board. And it will be refreshing seeing someone other than Anthony Brown giving a good defensive effort next season.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Great job as always. I too think that rebounding in the NBA will take him the longest to adjust to. Though I have to admit, on some of those misses early in the video he sure was up quick to get that offensive board. And it will be refreshing seeing someone other than Anthony Brown giving a good defensive effort next season.

Yeah, that's the thing with him...how low of a floor does a guy with a high motor like that have when it's combined with serious length and a high IQ? And that's before you get to any skills that he has. At the very least he's going to be a quality but unspectacular starting quality player.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Thanks a bunch GT!!! Very in depth, you are very skilled in your communication of basketball principles. I've learned more in your videos than I've learned about the sport in a long time! You are a great teacher!

Attacking the top foot just stands out as something that would have served me in my (uneventful) high school career.

From what I can surmise, most of B.I.'s issues come from not keeping his shoulders square (offensively and defensively), screens at the NBA level will be challenging until he's used to the strength, but his catch and shoot is pure!! If he is committed to greatness, all the "broken" things look to be easily fixed. So stoked for Thursday, thanks again GT!!
yohanone
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Excellent video.

We're gonna be a very tall team with Ingram in the front of the depth chart. I just hope he can add muscle to his frame.

But he has the capability of supporting our team in a way that is invaluable. We need shooters and rebounders, and we had none of those, we mostly had role players like Robert Sacre and Ryan Kelly. Lol
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject:

Just finished watching - wow great again GT! I'm sure these take a lot of time to put together, but, like others have posted, I really look forward to more analyses like this, on draftees, FA's, or present Lakers.

I can just picture how Ingram and DLO would work passing lanes together.

Defense looks real solid, BI looks like he could have zero weak spots on defense once he beefs up and gains some NBA experience.

Most of all thanks again GT, these are excellent.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject:

Thanks for this, GT - really helpful for fans like me that barely watch any college ball!
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject:

Great stuff, again!

I particularly appreciate when you point out textbook basketball mechanics and strategies. You do so briefly enough to not bog down the video, but extensively enough to get a good point across and teach novices like myself.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
Great stuff, again!

I particularly appreciate when you point out textbook basketball mechanics and strategies. You do so briefly enough to not bog down the video, but extensively enough to get a good point across and teach novices like myself.

My thoughts exactly. Great selection of relevant video clips really helps make the concept so clear so quickly.

I also appreciate that these clips are chosen to illustrate the topic regardless of whether or not Ingram scored afterwards. Far more relevant than a highlight video if we want to get to know a prospective player.
Showtime 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

Can't thank you enough for this breakdown. Your knowledge base is amazing.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
GT, This is awesome! Thanks for the breakdown. This was exactly what I needed to push me over the edge on the Simmons-Ingram debate. I'm completely content with Ingram. Now we just have to make sure that Philly doesn't get a hold of this video...

Nice read and video to provide more push: Duke's Brandon Ingram is rare case of a quiet, creative superstar
Excerpt from article wrote:
"I taught him never to go out there with fear in his heart about another player," his father, Donald, said. "That's why his demeanor, he goes out there with pure confidence. He's an observer. He uses it as an advantage."

His brother, Bo, called him a "sponge" for basketball.

Ingram's rise is a very real conversation. Here's what Jonathan Givony, a leading NBA draft analyst, wrote at The Vertical just this week: "Ingram is 14 months younger than Simmons, has a longer wingspan by four inches and a standing reach six and a half inches higher. Ingram is a better shooter -- which is perhaps the most important skill in today’s NBA -- and has shown a much better trajectory throughout the college season. The intel on Ingram as a teammate and competitor has been much stronger than Simmons’. Yes, Ingram has a much more frail frame now, but it’s easy to envision him filling out as he ages and matures."
shhhh....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for making this, GT. Look forward to watching.

Now we just need one for Buddy
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for this GT. I've only been able to watch about 1-2 quarters of his actual college play this year and this helps a lot to fill in the gaps. I like that he has the mentality to attack his man off the dribble as opposed to someone like Wiggins who tends to settle.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing with him...how low of a floor does a guy with a high motor like that have when it's combined with serious length and a high IQ? And that's before you get to any skills that he has. At the very least he's going to be a quality but unspectacular starting quality player.

I have said I wouldn't take any player from this draft over last year's top 3 but am beginning to change my mind on that. I guess I didn't watch enough Duke games, this kid can change the fortunes of a franchise under the right circumstances.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Really Special Analysis GT

I used to be a member here by the name 'Cervantes' and the last few years I just lurk to see if there's any news...but this was such a great video GT I had to create a new account to send you some props.

I'd love to get you comment on Brandon Ingram's stroke vs Buddy H.

To me Buddy brings the ball too low to set up his shot and it compromises the speed of his release and his release point plus trajectory. Where as BI starts his shot at his chest and goes straight up for a better release point, greater efficiency, and a quicker release plus better trajectory.

What do you think?

(PS...if the FO even considers BH with BI available they deserve to be fired before the 2nd round IMO)

Oh yeah...PSS...I think BI uses his left foot as his pivot a lot because it allows him to shoot jumpers from the Triple Threat with correct body mechanics. For his length...he runs very fluid and keeps a rather excellent base so that you notice him always being in position to recover his misses while the defender takes himself away from the rim...very natural and cool habit.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Incredible vid, GT! Never mind about Ingram specifically, I learned a ton about basketball fundamentals just from you mentioning how you should be attacking off the dribble (and how to create openings with a jab step), or how to properly cover the roll guy, etc.

The presentation is really good as well. 26 minutes long but it doesn't feel that way. It's really snappy despite how much content you cover.

To the topic: You've sold me on his defense. I'm really excited for the trio of Brown/ Ingram/ Nance. After the past 3+ seasons, it's going to be bliss.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iffn2bZVFJU&feature=player_embedded#t=0

change the 0 ----->whatever time stamp you want, in seconds.

so, triple threat would be:

but off the dribble would be:

Awesome, thanks!

Do you know how I'd then turn that into hyperlinks that say 0:35 and so on?

[ url=link] 0:35 [ /url] (without the spaces)

If that's what you're asking.

Off to watch now.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Really Special Analysis GT

CervantesRises wrote:
I used to be a member here by the name 'Cervantes' and the last few years I just lurk to see if there's any news...but this was such a great video GT I had to create a new account to send you some props.

I'd love to get you comment on Brandon Ingram's stroke vs Buddy H.

To me Buddy brings the ball too low to set up his shot and it compromises the speed of his release and his release point plus trajectory. Where as BI starts his shot at his chest and goes straight up for a better release point, greater efficiency, and a quicker release plus better trajectory.

What do you think?

(PS...if the FO even considers BH with BI available they deserve to be fired before the 2nd round IMO)

Oh yeah...PSS...I think BI uses his left foot as his pivot a lot because it allows him to shoot jumpers from the Triple Threat with correct body mechanics. For his length...he runs very fluid and keeps a rather excellent base so that you notice him always being in position to recover his misses while the defender takes himself away from the rim...very natural and cool habit.

Good to see you, Cervantes. Regarding Hield's form, I'm fine with the beginning part of his form, but he's inconsistent with finishing his shot w/his elbow past his eyebrow, making his shot a bit flat. I agree that Ingram has better form.

Regarding your pivot foot, you can anchor either foot as the pivot foot and still get into proper shooting form. If he anchored his right foot and jabbed with his left, he'd just have to move his left foot back to go up with it. If he's jabbing with his left foot, he still has to move it back to get it underneath him. In a catch & shoot scenario, the left-right 1-2 step makes sense, but I'd like to see him have a bit more variety in triple threat situations.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Incredible vid, GT! Never mind about Ingram specifically, I learned a ton about basketball fundamentals just from you mentioning how you should be attacking off the dribble (and how to create openings with a jab step), or how to properly cover the roll guy, etc.

The presentation is really good as well. 26 minutes long but it doesn't feel that way. It's really snappy despite how much content you cover.

To the topic: You've sold me on his defense. I'm really excited for the trio of Brown/ Ingram/ Nance. After the past 3+ seasons, it's going to be bliss.

Thanks, man. Obviously a 26 minute video is ridiculously long, and I don't expect people to watch the whole thing, but I wanted to put out the most thorough analysis of him as possible. There are plenty of places to get short form analysis on the web, but I do think there are people who want something that they can really sink their teeth into. Explaining certain fundamentals and techniques helps with the whole "oh, that makes sense" thing that I'm going for with these videos. I'm glad you got something out of them.

And yeah, Ingram's a tremendous defensive prospect.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: