I think Lakers need to do anything in their power to get Redick in this years draft.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

TG711 wrote:
qreus-76 wrote:
STAY AWAY FROM DUKE!!!!!!

Kobe was signed to play at Duke.

Good thing he didn't. But I agree "Stay Away from Duke Players" Reddick is overrated, but since it's going to be a weak draft he will go higher than he should.

Reddick is this years Wally Szcerbiak of College Hoops. Great shooter in college, good shooter in the NBA but no D and not an impact player. Aim for someone else, we have enough white people who doesn't know how to play defense on this team.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Reddick is being WAY overrated.

6'4" slow, unathletic, plays in a GREAT system that hides ALL of his deficiencies on D and MOST of them on O as well. Can't create a shot for himself at the NBA level. Can't D up at the man level cause he's FAR too slow to guard the 1 and not strong enough or fast enough to guard the 2s.

Great collegiate player. Will be nothing more than a catch and shoot player at the next level.

Signed. He's a poor man's Mike James.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Das wrote:
TG711 wrote:
qreus-76 wrote:
STAY AWAY FROM DUKE!!!!!!

Kobe was signed to play at Duke.

Good thing he didn't. But I agree "Stay Away from Duke Players" Reddick is overrated, but since it's going to be a weak draft he will go higher than he should.

Reddick is this years Wally Szcerbiak of College Hoops. Great shooter in college, good shooter in the NBA but no D and not an impact player. Aim for someone else, we have enough white people who doesn't know how to play defense on this team.

he wont even be as good as wally
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

One-way player, sounds right up Mitch's alley. I'm sure he's high on the Laker draft board.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:

6'4" slow, unathletic, plays in a GREAT system that hides ALL of his deficiencies on D and MOST of them on O as well. Can't create a shot for himself at the NBA level. Can't D up at the man level cause he's FAR too slow to guard the 1 and not strong enough or fast enough to guard the 2s.

Great collegiate player. Will be nothing more than a catch and shoot player at the next level.

Sounds like you are describing Sasha, except Sasha can't shoot nearly as well...

IMO, Reddick is College Player of the Year at this point in the season...

Last edited by TACH on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Donkeybong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

he's going to dissapear in the NBA just like Casey Jacobsen.
flashakadrano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

nope.

trade the pick. get a good big. get a guy who we already know can perform in the NBA.
redick is good in college but we've seen so many great college players, especially those that are unathletic, ala redick, that havent made it in the NBA.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Reddick is Steve Kerr +++++++ ; he'll hang around a while unlike Casey who just couldn't seem to move his feet. At that time the Lakers were just trying to find and Jacobsen that would work since Sam didn't work out beforehand.

Morrisson is Dirk like. His speed/size combo will hinder him at the 3 in the pros, much like Dirk and Lamar. Offensively, he played well for 2 years without the ball in his hands and was productive. I prefer him over Reddick if he shaves that serial killer NorthWest mustache. It has to go.

There are guys out there who are going unnoticed that we will see more of come March.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
LoveLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

we don't need a shooter that desperately. We need a big guy who can defend, blockshot, rebound with intimidating. Team seems to be not afraid us to go inside.
Keith Vanhorn getting offensive rebound last night game get me worried. In order for us to win, we can't not give up to many second chance. We can signed a spot up shooter any time in free agency.
jlkr42
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LakeNiteShow wrote:
I agree 100%, I think JJ is ideal for the lakers, but as others have mentioned we have no shot at getting him.

Which brings up a question about the Lakers draft...if we miss out on the playoffs, do we have a lottery pick? Or did we trade it away? Is the Miami 06 pick the only 1st round pick we have?

Because if we did miss playoffs (which is where we're heading right now) at least we would have 2 first round picks and we could package those to move up for someone like JJ.

Our pick is top 10 protected I believe. If we finish just outside of the playoffs, 14-11th worst, then the pick is gone. They have to seriously tank to get the pick...this .500 ball means they could miss the playoffs and the pick. Another genius move by Mitch.

The pick is still protected this year if it gets drawn into the top 3, IIRC. Not much of a chance, but better than nothing. If the Lakers end up keeping the pick, then they will definitely give it up next year no matter what.
jlkr42
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Reddick is good, but the Duke system helps him out tremedously. I'd trade for Kapono for less than it would take to trade up to get Reddick and get basically the same player. Now Adam Morrison, that's an entirely different story. I can't think of a better player coming out of school who'd be a better fit, but the news seems to be that he's about 95% to pull a Leinart and stick around for his senior season at Gonzaga. Morrison is the complete ackage and he's got a mirror image of Larry Birds tenacity, something Reddick lacks. If he were cheap, then I'd take Reddick, but he won't be. I'd like to see the Lakers pull a San Antonio and select the rights to Morrison with one of their second rounders even though he's not coming out. This years draft is a weak one, so it's not like they'll expect to get a draft a player who'll make the roster anyway and it would be the steal of a lifetime to see Morrison in PnG...

Can't do that. A undergraduate player who doesn't declare for the draft isn't eligible to be picked.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Sounds like you are describing Sasha, except Sasha can't shoot nearly as well...

COLLEGE PLAYER OF THE YEAR!?!?!? Sign him MITCH!

DO IT MITCH!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

:roll:

Reddick as an NBA player? No thanks.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Around the 70th game, I think the Lakers will decide whether they want to make a push for the PO's or go lottery again.

And trust me, they can easily get a top 10 pick again.

How easy is it to lose 12 straight? You just need the coach to be following the gameplan.

Sit Kobe through all the critical junctures of the games. Give the younger guys more minutes.

If the Lakers aren't a playoff team with a month left in the season - Expect tank central.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If the Lakers aren't a playoff team with a month left in the season - Expect tank central.

TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

COLLEGE PLAYER OF THE YEAR!?!?!? Sign him MITCH!

DO IT MITCH!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

:roll:

Reddick as an NBA player? No thanks.

Who do you think is CPOY?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:

What does CPOY matter?

This is the NBA man, just because a player is an exceptional player at the collegiate level, does NOT guarantee success in the pros. ESPECIALLY for players like Reddick. i.e. slow, unathletic, can't defend, can't create a shot consistently at the collegiate level much less pros

Reddick would be a nice role player for a team ready to compete. For a lotto team that needs actual impact? He won't help.

Kapono.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

However, on the subject of the draft, what does everyone think of Marcus Williams of UConn? We could have a real shot at him in the draft. Thoughts?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
What does CPOY matter?

This is the NBA man, just because a player is an exceptional player at the collegiate level, does NOT guarantee success in the pros. ESPECIALLY for players like Reddick. i.e. slow, unathletic, can't defend, can't create a shot consistently at the collegiate level much less pros

Reddick would be a nice role player for a team ready to compete. For a lotto team that needs actual impact? He won't help.

Kapono.

Who said anything about him being a great NBA player or he's guarantee success in the NBA? I simply said IMO, I think he is the CPOY. Do I think he's going to make in the L. Yes. Do I think he will find some success? Yes, but only in the right situation. Do I think the Lakers should draft him if he's available? No, the Lakers have greater needs.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
What does CPOY matter?

Kapono.

Who said anything about him being a great NBA player or he's guarantee success in the NBA? I simply said IMO, I think he is the CPOY. Do I think he's going to make in the L. Yes. Do I think he will find some success? Yes, but only in the right situation. Do I think the Lakers should draft him if he's available? No, the Lakers have greater needs.

OH!! My bad TACH. I thought you were one of those contending that the Lakers should do any and everything to draft Reddick.

I would agree that he's the CPOY in any other year. However, Morrison has had the complete repertoire of offensive moves and has HAD to use a full repertoire, because he's BY FAR his team's best player. Reddick plays in a GREAT system both offensively and defensively with guys like Dockery and Paulus (who I LOVE) setting him up and Williams and the freshman McRoberts backing him.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

So yeah, Morrison for CPOY.

But I must admit, I just have a real hatred for overrated Duke players. So, if Reddick won it, I couldn't really complain.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

@ the title of this thread..

everything in their power? this guy must be good.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
TACH wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
What does CPOY matter?

Kapono.

OH!! My bad TACH. I thought you were one of those contending that the Lakers should do any and everything to draft Reddick.

I would agree that he's the CPOY in any other year. However, Morrison has had the complete repertoire of offensive moves and has HAD to use a full repertoire, because he's BY FAR his team's best player. Reddick plays in a GREAT system both offensively and defensively with guys like Dockery and Paulus (who I LOVE) setting him up and Williams and the freshman McRoberts backing him.

I can't argue with anybody that thinks Morrison is CPOY. It's a toss up... but I give Reddick the edge just because he plays in the ACC,.. but then again the season is not over yet....
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Soft and completely unable to play defense at an NBA level. He'll fit in on this team perfectly.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Just the way that Morrison scores in all sorts of ways, post up, catch and shoot, off-the-dribble, and the hustle and tenacity he shows to go for EVERY rebound and looseball...shew...TOUGH.

Larry Bird-esque mixture of mentality. Just the way he plays despite the obvious lack of athleticism.

He's my CPOY. But you can't really go wrong with either.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:

While I agree he's slow...

He's polished a lot of offensive skills in the past 2 years.

Pull up jumper off the dribble.
Squaring to the basket on the move in midair for a high percentage shot.
Creating plays for teammates.
Being able to do more off the dribble isntead of relying on picks.

Unfortunately, it's a weak draft and he should go lotto. In the case of weak drafts, I tend to go for the real athletes and make projects out of them, James White... Rajon Rondo, etc.

If Redick was stronger, he'd be Kyle Korver, the SG version.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: