Bucks Shopping Greg Monroe

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Bucks Shopping Greg Monroe

Bucks Shopping Greg Monroe
June 20th 2016 at 11:00pm CST by Luke Adams
Quote:
Less than a year after signing him as a free agent, the Bucks are shopping Greg Monroe “hard,” reports Michael Scotto of Sheridan Hoops and The Associated Press (via Twitter).

Monroe, who turned 26 earlier this month, was his usual effective self during his first season in Milwaukee, averaging 18.8 points and 10.8 rebounds per 36 minutes to along with a .522 FG%. However, while Monroe was a productive low-post scorer and rebounder for the Bucks, his defense was lacking and he didn’t provide much rim protection.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/06/bucks-shopping-greg-monroe.html
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject:

Maybe Young and Randle for Monroe.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
Maybe Young and Randle for Monroe.

I think that the Bucks would do that trade.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

Monroe is a give away player now. You don't trade anything of value for him at this point. He completely killed the Bucks defense last year. They went from being rated top 2-3 in defense the year before, to being one of the worst defenses just because they picked up Monroe. Watching him last year, it looked like he wasn't even interested in defense.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

If we strike out in free agency (at least in terms of centers) and need a 2-year placeholder, then I'd consider a deal if we send out Nick and include either Lou or a lower-tier asset (Black/Brown/future 2nd).
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I said it earlier in the off season.. but Lou Williams, Nick Young, and #32... is something I'd love to see the Lakers do for Greg Monroe.

Yes his defense stinks, but so do the two outgoing players. He can be a super sub bigman (He also could fill in as a stop gap starting center if the lakers whiff on others players). I'd love that deal. Almost cap neutral too, and the bucks are losing some of their backcourt as Free Agents.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject:

I would have taken him last year or so when he was a free agent. I don't know about now simply because Whiteside is a far better prospect and we could utilize his defense. Also Horford is a Free Agent so we wouldn't have to trade to try to acquire either of these guys!

My guess is that He'll get traded to another eastern conference team and will become a great role player.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

I don't know if the Lakers seriously wanted him last FA period but what a waste.

Glad the Lakers didn't open up their wallets for him.

I remember all the storylines last year about him spurning the Lakers for Milwaukee.

He was strictly about the money and that's fine, but karma is a (bleep) sometimes, basketball wise.

Bye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: