Marco Nunez named as Gary Vitti's replacement
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Marco Nunez named as Gary Vitti's replacement

Quote:
Mike BresnahanVerified account ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 41m41 minutes ago
Lakers hired the replacement for long-time athletic trainer Gary Vitti, who retired after 32 years: Lakers assistant trainer Marco Nunez

Quote:
Mike BresnahanVerified account ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 41m41 minutes ago
Marco Nunez takes over for Vitti after logging 9 years as Lakers' assistant athletic trainer. Worked with Sparks + D-Fenders before that.

https://t.co/DIrEn7qWAA

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/745325342731046913
https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/745325597522432000
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Marco Nuñez joins the Lakers for his second season as Assistant Athletic Trainer after spending the previous two seasons as Athletic Trainer for the Los Angeles D-Fenders of the NBA Development League. Chief among his responsibilities is to assist Athletic Trainer Gary Vitti and the training staff in all areas, including injury management, prevention and rehabilitation as well as emergency procedures on the court.While working for the D-Fenders since their inaugural season in 2006-07, Nuñez also served as Athletic Trainer for the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks for three seasons from 2005-07. An Assistant Trainer for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League from 1999-2003, he also spent one season as Athletic Trainer for the Carolina Cobras of the AFL in 2004 prior to joining the Sparks.In the summer and fall of that same year, Nuñez worked as a trainer for the movie “The Longest Yard,” attending to the actors, stuntmen and athletes on set.A graduate of Cal Poly Pomona with a B.S. in Kinesiology and emphasis in Sports Medicine, Nuñez was born in San Diego but grew up in Los Angeles, graduating from Bishop Mora Salesian High School where he lettered in baseball. When not at practice, a game or traveling with the team, the self-proclaimed “weekend warrior” still enjoys baseball and basketball in his free-time along with spending time with family and friends.

Last edited by xxsicrokerxx on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject:

Congrats to Marco! Hope that Nina Hsieh will get a promotion as well at some point.

Always glad to see D-fenders staff doing well and moving up.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

So we hired someone that learned from Vitti? Uh...
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

so thats who that guy is.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

this keep in the family theme is getting old. Vitti was becoming incompetent in recent years as the technologies has clearly passed him by. Lakers is the only team you see players with ice bags hanging all over their body parts, it was ridiculous.
Axshun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
so thats who that guy is.

Always wondered who that was myself. Eventually I just started calling him that Ross Geller guy.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
this keep in the family theme is getting old. Vitti was becoming incompetent in recent years as the technologies has clearly passed him by. Lakers is the only team you see players with ice bags hanging all over their body parts, it was ridiculous.

Lol

You must have missed the 32 years of experience part. Whwre do you think all of this new knowledge and "technology" comes from? Real life.

I'm sure you never stop learning in that type of career.

for example: you have two doctors. One is fresh out of school and knows all of the up to date procedures and you have one who has 32 years experience on the job. Which one would you choose to perform a life or death surgery on you?

That's what this is for these athletes. Life or death because if they get injured their careers are over. I'm taking 32 years of experience everytime.

All of this new technology sounds good, in theory. I'm sure Viti has tried it all anyway to be honest...
halosage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Lol

You must have missed the 32 years of experience part. Whwre do you think all of this new knowledge and "technology" comes from? Real life.

I'm sure you never stop learning in that type of career.

for example: you have two doctors. One is fresh out of school and knows all of the up to date procedures and you have one who has 32 years experience on the job. Which one would you choose to perform a life or death surgery on you?

That's what this is for these athletes. Life or death because if they get injured their careers are over. I'm taking 32 years of experience everytime.

All of this new technology sounds good, in theory. I'm sure Viti has tried it all anyway to be honest...

Bingo!

you go for experience...
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject:

As long as he's qualified, that's all that really matters.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Dont most teams use ice?

!...
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Dont most teams use ice?

Nope, never happens

http://i.imgur.com/dQqfDEl.jpg

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/77348541-player-lebron-james-of-the-cleveland-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=oToYvXs3XPbg5%2BsLNpXWIYlGBy9jSx13ni9j6cNlzAcx3HV1NEahQZ2HQFFLVXYmwHdOsN7g3q90%2FtlPVaUjNA%3D%3D

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/15/11/29A0C20300000578-0-image-a-60_1434365157867.jpg

http://a.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/RSN/Florida/2014/10/10/101014-fsf-nba-miami-heat-chris-bosh-dwyane-wade-PI.vadapt.980.high.12.jpg

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-e9e6381db0c66acc0478b9bcc6a4185c

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/507890548-marc-gasol-and-mike-conley-of-the-memphis-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXpom8omzmKXX7k5%2FW12GrnIoxdEpFmso%2Bk%2BDqAhWS2E3gjtmGGHvQDE1p2M66ikM9%2BwTQXiJZweNW5xu34VOhDFZWZau7%2BsImMGINOnWn8D3

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/toronto-raptors-center-bismack-biyombo-sits-with-his-knees-wrapped-in-picture-id532207004
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

This is one of the most ignorant quotes I've ever heard, no wonder this forum is going down the toilet. I know people (Kinesiologists) that worked with Vitti and this guy was as knowledgeable and as informed in modern techniques as any trainer that ever worked in sports. His training programs and nutritional guidelines where as up to date as anybody in the business. So please stop talking about things you know nothing about, you make yourself look foolish.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

trmiv, can you fix the links plz, so the page will go back to normal??
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Dont most teams use ice?

Take a step into the future, Dawg!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Not to discount Marco in anyway, but we need someone like that lady on Golden State who had AI playing game 7 after back spasms and Curry able to make it through the playoffs obviously hurt. Hell, I thought she would have found a way to cart Bogut out there game 7.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
trmiv, can you fix the links plz, so the page will go back to normal??

Guess not.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Not to discount Marco in anyway, but we need someone like that lady on Golden State who had AI playing game 7 after back spasms and Curry able to make it through the playoffs obviously hurt. Hell, I thought she would have found a way to cart Bogut out there game 7.

I agree. If I was running a team I would spare no expense on getting the best trainers (athletic coach, shooting coach, etc) I could get
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Welcome aboard.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Nothing you posted is close to being accurate or factual.
augus7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Dont most teams use ice?

Take a step into the future, Dawg!

It's all about dem liquid nitrogen now!
mttbk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject:

It's all ball bearings now.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Dont most teams use ice?

If by "most teams" you mean all of them, then yeah.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

anybody know what the Suns staff does that others don't? They seemed to be the cream of the NBA training crop.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
Congrats to Marco! Hope that Nina Hsieh will get a promotion as well at some point.

Always glad to see D-fenders staff doing well and moving up.

Nina Hsieh got promoted to the Lakers as well.

https://twitter.com/billoram/status/745394269360295938
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: