D'Angelo Russell Won't Be Traded!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kei122
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: D'Angelo Russell Won't Be Traded!

▪️Mitch Kupchak reassures D’Angelo Russell not to worry about trade talks: 🔸Russell on whether trade talks bother him: "No, when you hear trade talks and then you get a text from your GM talking about how he trusts your work ethic and don't worry about this, you have nothing to worry about." (H/T Serena Winters)
▪️According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN: "Mitch Kupchak has confidence in D'Angelo. He took him with the number two pick for a reason"
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Thank Chad Ford for causing these rumors.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
Thank Chad Ford for causing these rumors.

*Edit

Thank Danny Ainge for telling Chad Ford this lie in hopes of trading his own #3 pick for Jimmy Butler. I personally saw through the BS the moment I read it. He tried using the Lakers name in order to drum up interest in that #3 pick. I get it.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Just censor Chad Ford here. Everything he says is unsubstantiated (bleep).
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

GMs lie all the time. I think they'll listen to offers.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

The only way DLO is traded is if Bronze and KD demand it like Steven A suggested would happen if especially Bronze came to LA.

That being said. I would suspect Mitch could talk them into waiting it out with him.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Mitch knows what's up.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Yea we all knew this. They're not going to just give up on him
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I gotta be that guy. Would it make sense to have a thread for known Vescey, Ford, ect... types so we don't have so much garbage floating around. You could throw in the blowhards like Cowherd too if you want. I feel like it would get pretty subjective, but in extreme cases it's called for. Call the thread what you want.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Unless it's a certified superstar I don't see Dlo being traded. I think Mitch sees what a lot of us on here saw which is a kid who can become a top 5 guard in this league one day. His potential is too high to give up on now over some stupid immature act.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

DLo is the future
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
DLo is the future
multi championship future
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I been listening on sports radio that last few days too and they are talking about Russell trade scenarios. It's kind of naive to think they would deal the guy because of that stupid crap that happened. I thought about it for a bit and written down some scenarios I'm which we trade him, but if we loose him, we basically give another team the opportunity to create a golden state type back court, because point guards that could shoot like that from 3 are rare and he's got size, post ups, mid range, move with out the ball, length on defense to go with that. I came to the conclusion that the guy is absolutely a keeper.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Why would Mitch trade D'Angelo? That would just be a straight up admission he screwed up picking him. It'd be like an employee broadcasting to his boss "FIRE ME".
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Why would Mitch trade D'Angelo? That would just be a straight up admission he screwed up picking him. It'd be like an employee broadcasting to his boss "FIRE ME".
Yeah but even in tip of that, somebody like the kid from providence can't shoot like this dlo can.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

But what if LeBron doesn't want him and his camera in the locker room?
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
But what if LeBron doesn't want him and his camera in the locker room?

Well then DLo will throw Bron's phone out the window!
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject:

No way we get equal value for him. We would be selling at a loss. Why would we do that? Because Swaggy and an impressionable nineteen year old horsed around and acted stupid?
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
No way we get equal value for him. We would be selling at a loss. Why would we do that? Because Swaggy and an impressionable nineteen year old horsed around and acted stupid?

Exactly he's not going anywhere people need to give it a rest
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

We should trade DLo's iPhone, future considerations, and cash for a Motorola StarTac Lite.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
Yea we all knew this. They're not going to just give up on him
J'aime mieux cela...not one... not two... not three...
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I've got a couple co-workers constantly on this kick of LA trading DLO. I keep telling them D'Angelo is about the last player on the entire roster they'd trade. They're Laker haters so you know they'll act like the DLO phone thing is a real big deal, the Lakers are desperate to get rid of him, that it was clearly a mistake to take DLO over Okafor, and of course Mitch won't take Ingram but he'll go with Dunn or Heild to replace DLO on the roster.

All wishful thinking by a couple Blazer fans still butt hurt about what Shaq and Kobe did to them a decade and a half ago. But they listen to sports talk radio and that makes them experts.

Glad Mitch texted DLO on this, because this is his first of what will likely be many summers putting up with ridiculous trade rumors. Thursday can't get here fast enough...
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
We should trade DLo's iPhone, future considerations, and cash for a Motorola StarTac Lite.

Not sure the Motorola flies through the air quite as smoothly, but maybe with enough spin it won't matter. Still a good idea.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: D'Angelo Russell Won't Be Traded!

kei122 wrote:
▪️Mitch Kupchak reassures D’Angelo Russell not to worry about trade talks: 🔸Russell on whether trade talks bother him: "No, when you hear trade talks and then you get a text from your GM talking about how he trusts your work ethic and don't worry about this, you have nothing to worry about." (H/T Serena Winters)
▪️According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN: "Mitch Kupchak has confidence in D'Angelo. He took him with the number two pick for a reason"

I remember Jerry West telling Eddy Jones the same thing, and then bang traded him within a week. If the right deal comes along DLO is gone. Those rumors are out there for a reason. Some believe that DLO is difficult to coach and that his ceiling is what you see. Add all the problems created with Nick and the rest of the league is saying I don't want to go there. He's a decent NBA guard but not the star guard the Lakers want or need, and he may be more difficult to trade as time passes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: D'Angelo Russell Won't Be Traded!

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
kei122 wrote:

I remember Jerry West telling Eddy Jones the same thing, and then bang traded him within a week. If the right deal comes along DLO is gone. Those rumors are out there for a reason. Some believe that DLO is difficult to coach and that his ceiling is what you see. Add all the problems created with Nick and the rest of the league is saying I don't want to go there. He's a decent NBA guard but not the star guard the Lakers want or need, and he may be more difficult to trade as time passes.

It's because other teams think very highly of him; it's because the Lakers think very highly of him.

I doubt they went through the painstaking process of hiring Luke and then getting rid of his Steph Curry facsimile.

He just turned 20 for crying out loud.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: