Copy the Bilas/Ford article. Who should the Lakers draft, who will they draft?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Copy the Bilas/Ford article. Who should the Lakers draft, who will they draft?

Will draft:
#2 Ingram
#32 Stone

Should Draft
#2 Ingram
#32 Chinanu Onuaku

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy the Bilas/Ford article. Who should the Lakers draft, who will they draft?

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Will draft:
#2 Ingram
#32 Stone

Should Draft
#2 Ingram
#32 Chinanu Onuaku

What separates Onuaku from Tarik Black?

Has there been any indication that Black will not be brought back?

I would be ecstatic with an Ingram/Stone draft. Find a way to add GPII too and I would not be able to contain myself.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy the Bilas/Ford article. Who should the Lakers draft, who will they draft?

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Will draft:
#2 Ingram
#32 Stone

Should Draft
#2 Ingram
#32 Chinanu Onuaku

I would be ecstatic with an Ingram/Stone draft. Find a way to add GPII too and I would not be able to contain myself.

Passing & defensive IQ.

Black is a better roll man.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Onuaku the one discovered with cardiam problems???
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy the Bilas/Ford article. Who should the Lakers draft, who will they draft?

GoldenThroat wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Will draft:
#2 Ingram
#32 Stone

Should Draft
#2 Ingram
#32 Chinanu Onuaku

Passing & defensive IQ.

God Black is SO good at movement and rim protection and as you said, rolling. I really hope Luke utilizes him unlike Byron the doofus
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject:

I was looking at old Tarik Black highlights from his rookie year & I had forgot how productive he was when given PT. I would be more than glad going into next year with him as our back up C

2-Ingram
32-BPA (Stone, Bembry, D.James, Beasley)

Edit: I would also place a high emphasis on signing Prince Ibeh once he goes undrafted
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject:

There are numerous Tarik Black clones in the 2nd round.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy the Bilas/Ford article. Who should the Lakers draft, who will they draft?

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Will draft:
#2 Ingram
#32 Stone

Should Draft
#2 Ingram
#32 Chinanu Onuaku

I don't think he's notably different, but I like the idea of another board crasher. The team defense was miserable last year. Lou Williams, Nick Young, and Clarkson are still currently on the team. Now I think Nick is obviously gone, but Clarkson will be with LA long term either way, and Lou might be kept.

So because of the pathetic backcourt d, I think defensive studs at the 5 are a must.

Ingram is a good start though at the 3, and I ultimately like DLO's length at the 1. Randle has the heart to eventually be a solid defender. Though I don't think he was terrible last year (don't know what the metrics bear out for him). Lance also has good defensive potential.

The team's going to be able to score when these pieces develop. DLO, Ingram, and Randle all look like 15+ ppg players, and Clarkson is too. They need defensive pieces now.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Isn't Onuaku the one discovered with cardiam problems???

Yep, but seeing they've had a bigman with heart problems before (Turiaf) I think it'll be fine.

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Totally different situation.

Turiaf was drafted first then the discovery of a need for cardiac surgery. Onuaku is drafting a player with a previous cardiac surgery done.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject:

There has been a lot of chatter about teams interested in trading away picks to open up cap room. I wonder if LA might have the opportunity to leverage the salary benefits of a high 2nd rounder to actually move up a few slots.

Toronto at 27 comes to mind. Atlanta is said to want to move their picks to free up space, though 21 to 32 just to have a little more room is a bit steep. So does something like Lou/32 for Splitter/12, though if it sets up keeping Bazemore (only EB rights), it gets more interesting for them maybe. Charlotte at 22 if you throw a little coin in there too. Jordan is going to have a massive free agency bill this year.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

Turiaf was drafted first then the discovery of a need for cardiac surgery. Onuaku is drafting a player with a previous cardiac surgery done.

and yet after Turiaf had his surgery done, he was fine.

Onuaku has a fantastic per and stats projected for 36 minutes.

He's worth the gamble. 245 pound guys who can run aren't a dime a dozen.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject:

going into HS Stone was once thought to be the future elite C of this generation. He fell off quickly but he'd still be a good pick.

I like: (in no order)

Stone
Hammons
Payton II
Lavert
Johnson
Ulis
Felder
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy the Bilas/Ford article. Who should the Lakers draft, who will they draft?

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Will draft:
#2 Ingram
#32 Stone

Should Draft
#2 Ingram
#32 Chinanu Onuaku
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
There has been a lot of chatter about teams interested in trading away picks to open up cap room. I wonder if LA might have the opportunity to leverage the salary benefits of a high 2nd rounder to actually move up a few slots.

Toronto at 27 comes to mind. Atlanta is said to want to move their picks to free up space, though 21 to 32 just to have a little more room is a bit steep. So does something like Lou/32 for Splitter/12, though if it sets up keeping Bazemore (only EB rights), it gets more interesting for them maybe. Charlotte at 22 if you throw a little coin in there too. Jordan is going to have a massive free agency bill this year.

I really think Packaging Lou and our 32 pick to move up in the draft would be a great idea.

1) It would open up capspace so we could go after a RFA and still have money to sign two UFAs in the meantime
2) Get us another good young talent
3) Get more PT for before mentioned young talent

We can also maybe get another second round pick for Nick and maybe include that in the package.

Finally, to me, my top targets in FA are: Whiteside, Biyombo, and Barnes.

Our Roster could be:

DLO/Draft Pick or Huertas
JC/ABRown
Barnes/Ingram
Randle/Nance
Whiteside/Biyombo/Black

I think the first two off the bench should be:
Ingram and Nance

This would give us a lineup of:

DLO/BARNES/INGRAM/NANCE/WHITESIDE

That lineup would have height and length at every position, which could be extremely tough defensively.

Of course, this is all my absolute ideal and unlikely, but I also dont think its crazy.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

and yet after Turiaf had his surgery done, he was fine.

Onuaku has a fantastic per and stats projected for 36 minutes.

He's worth the gamble. 245 pound guys who can run aren't a dime a dozen.

I mean why even risk it? If he is that rare he would be snatched even in the first rd. The truth is he is a very risky pick.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Atlanta dumped Lou once, why would Budenholzer be eager to take him back?

NBA PM: Lou Williams Excited to Join Raptors

Quote:
My time here in Atlanta, I realized that they were going in a direction that probably didn’t fit my style of play and I probably didn’t fit Coach Bud’s style of play. I’m a guy that needs the ball to be effective and they really didn’t need that from me. They were building a different core of a basketball team.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Copy the Bilas/Ford article. Who should the Lakers draft, who will they draft?

GoldenThroat wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Will draft:
#2 Ingram
#32 Stone

Should Draft
#2 Ingram
#32 Chinanu Onuaku

Passing & defensive IQ.

That & a couple inches in height & about 3-4 inches in wingspan. He's taller than Biyombo but has a smaller wingspan
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Copy the Bilas/Ford article. Who should the Lakers draft, who will they draft?

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Will draft:
#2 Ingram
#32 Stone

Should Draft
#2 Ingram
#32 Chinanu Onuaku

Bilas is on point for once! Onuaku is my man!! He is an actual two way player. Black is a D only player and Stone is an O only player. Onuaku does both and that is why he is my man!

Stay away from Stone. He is like a low rent Oakafor. He can score in the post but he is terrible at D and has no shooting range.

BTW, I love Black and hope we bring him back. I think he was severely underused by Byron.

I would love to pick up GPII. Our back court needs D badly and GPII is 23, he can come in and contribute right away!
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

Resigning Black is like gaining an additional draft pick. He's been slowed and held back by Byron tremendously. Once he's allowed to play we all will remember the skills. Great in the pick and roll on both ends of the floor, great finisher and a good rebounder and rim protector in spurts. He's a great back up C. Just needs to stop fouling frequently and do a better job getting position.

Now, Diamond Stone??? Nooooo way. He's got all the signs of a bust. He does have some game but nope. He's a diva. Hammonds has Olawakandi motor. Pass. Onuaku and Diallo. That's the 2 I would target. I think Diallo goes mid 20's but if he's there. Grab him.

My pipe scenario and hopefully it can happen is this.

#2. Brandon Ingram

Trade Lou to Charlotte for #22

Draft Diallo
This guy will start to blossom and explode. He's barely tapped his skill and when he realizes that he can be Biyombo 2.0 we are in luck.

Trade Nick Young and 32nd to Clippers for the 25th Pick.

Draft Bembry.

Bembry reminds me of a poor man Iggy but not as athletic as Andre was. Defensively he isn't elite like Dre either but he possess a unique skill set.

Longtime LG lurker.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

I kinda like the player Draftexpress slotted us taking. Paul Zipser anyone have an input about him.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
Resigning Black is like gaining an additional draft pick. He's been slowed and held back by Byron tremendously. Once he's allowed to play we all will remember the skills. Great in the pick and roll on both ends of the floor, great finisher and a good rebounder and rim protector in spurts. He's a great back up C. Just needs to stop fouling frequently and do a better job getting position.

Now, Diamond Stone??? Nooooo way. He's got all the signs of a bust. He does have some game but nope. He's a diva. Hammonds has Olawakandi motor. Pass. Onuaku and Diallo. That's the 2 I would target. I think Diallo goes mid 20's but if he's there. Grab him.

#2. Brandon Ingram

Draft Diallo
This guy will start to blossom and explode. He's barely tapped his skill and when he realizes that he can be Biyombo 2.0 we are in luck.

Draft Bembry.

Bembry reminds me of a poor man Iggy but not as athletic as Andre was. Defensively he isn't elite like Dre either but he possess a unique skill set.

Are you sure that Charlotte wants to add salary?
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:

#2. Brandon Ingram

Draft Diallo

Draft Bembry.

Are you sure that Charlotte wants to add salary?

Hahahahha I posted this prior to seeing the Woj tweet. Looks like 22 is available but need to figure out how to make it work. I'll take Hawes and 22 and somehow trade Swaggy and pay a portion of his salary. I'm not sure how all that works but seems like a decent move. Or you give them Lou because they definitely need a SG there.

Longtime LG lurker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: