OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
"KG was an athletic freak like Giannis, just played more inside like all bigs back then. I hope Ingram can be like KG but I don't see it, maybe a smoother less athletic lengky tall guy (Iceman?)"

Man everyone sleeps on BI's athleticism. The kid is very athletic. I hate seeing this misinformation spread around here like that.

It's not misinformation. BI is athletic but he's not on the same level as KG athletically.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

BI on the plane to Cancun already.

!...
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I've stopped watching until Brandon's back in the line up

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

Now without Zubac too I'm not watching it, the season is over for me.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

First time in a good while where I've legitimately lost interest in a Lakers game. And then they said Zubac got hurt, too? When it rains, it pours.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Now without Zubac too I'm not watching it, the season is over for me.

Exactly. 2 of my favourite players not playing. SMH
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

First time in a good while where I've legitimately lost interest in a Lakers game. And then they said Zubac got hurt, too? When it rains, it pours.

I fell asleep at halftime and I don't feel like I missed out on anything. BI and Zubac out, and Randle/ Russell/ Clarkson not playing great either (though JC by the numbers was at least decent).
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
same. And now that Zu is gone, I'm definitely out for the season. Wake me up on draft lottery night.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
same. And now that Zu is gone, I'm definitely out for the season. Wake me up on draft lottery night.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
"KG was an athletic freak like Giannis, just played more inside like all bigs back then. I hope Ingram can be like KG but I don't see it, maybe a smoother less athletic lengky tall guy (Iceman?)"

Man everyone sleeps on BI's athleticism. The kid is very athletic. I hate seeing this misinformation spread around here like that.

It's not misinformation. BI is athletic but he's not on the same level as KG athletically.
Ingram is not quick in changing directions like most "freak athletes" are. However, I still think he will qualify as a freak athlete when he gains weight and strength. His combination of length and vert is freakish. Right now he lacks the strength to utilize them consistently. Guys are able to push him around. When he gets stronger and is no longer at a strength disadvantage, I think we'll see his athletic talents become more and more apparent.

There simply aren't many guys in the league that can deal with center length and a 40 inch vertical. He's also got a quick first step, despite his underwhelming change of direction ability.

If he can manage to gain 25 pounds of muscle (don't know if his frame can handle it, I've heard it said that he doesn't seem to have a frame that can accommodate weight), he will be able to overwhelm most guys with his combination of quick first step, center length, 40 inch vert, and strength. We've already seen flashes of this unique combination (minus strength) on his highlight dunks. And before he went down with injury, those highlight dunks were becoming more and more frequent. He had started to have one or two of them every game.

His jumper will continue to improve, his handle will continue to improve, his footwork will continue to improve. With added strength, this will be a very nice combination of skills and athleticism.

Last edited by dao on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

For every highlight we've seen many more instances where Ingram is physically overwhelmed (most notably balance when a stronger guy knocks him off of it). Like many youngsters he has a ways to go, but he's starting from a much lower physical floor (aside from his freakish physical traits).
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
For every highlight we've seen many more instances where Ingram is physically overwhelmed (most notably balance when a stronger guy knocks him off of it). Like many youngsters he has a ways to go, but he's starting from a much lower physical floor (aside from his freakish physical traits).

Which is why I think he will look like a completely different player athletically when he gets NBA caliber strength. He played his rookie year without an NBA body, which is a huge disadvantage. HUGE. He's 6'10, and weighs as much as a typical 6'2 point guard. That's literally not an NBA frame. It's impressive imo that he was able to do what he did at such a huge size disadvantage. A quick google search says that in 2011, the average NBA SF weighs 225 pounds. So the average SF outweighs Ingram by 35 pounds of muscle. And he's also 2 inches taller than the average SF, which makes it even worse.

The average point guard is 190 pounds, 6'2 height. Ingram is 190, 6'10. So the average PG is probably stronger than Ingram!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Which is why I think he will look like a completely different player athletically when he gets NBA caliber strength. He played his rookie year without an NBA body, which is a huge disadvantage. HUGE. He's 6'10, and weighs as much as a typical 6'2 point guard. That's literally not an NBA frame. It's impressive imo that he was able to do what he did at such a huge size disadvantage. A quick google search says that in 2011, the average NBA SF weighs 225 pounds. So the average SF outweighs Ingram by 35 pounds of muscle. And he's also 2 inches taller than the average SF, which makes it even worse.

The average point guard is 190 pounds, 6'2 height. Ingram is 190, 6'10. So the average PG is probably stronger than Ingram!

Right, so physically (not even from a skills standpoint), he will need a lot of work. Could take several years.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Ingram is not quick in changing directions like most "freak athletes" are. However, I still think he will qualify as a freak athlete when he gains weight and strength. His combination of length and vert is freakish. Right now he lacks the strength to utilize them consistently. Guys are able to push him around. When he gets stronger and is no longer at a strength disadvantage, I think we'll see his athletic talents become more and more apparent.

There simply aren't many guys in the league that can deal with center length and a 40 inch vertical. He's also got a quick first step, despite his underwhelming change of direction ability.

If he can manage to gain 25 pounds of muscle (don't know if his frame can handle it, I've heard it said that he doesn't seem to have a frame that can accommodate weight), he will be able to overwhelm most guys with his combination of quick first step, center length, 40 inch vert, and strength. We've already seen flashes of this unique combination (minus strength) on his highlight dunks. And before he went down with injury, those highlight dunks were becoming more and more frequent. He had started to have one or two of them every game.

His jumper will continue to improve, his handle will continue to improve, his footwork will continue to improve. With added strength, this will be a very nice combination of skills and athleticism.

dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right, so physically (not even from a skills standpoint), he will need a lot of work. Could take several years.
Hopefully he can get up to at least 220 in his prime. And hopefully he can somehow manage to get up to 200 pounds this offseason.

Despite his strength disadvantage though, he played some pretty good ball in the second half of the season. If he can gain some significant weight this offseason, I think he'll have a strong year.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hopefully he can get up to at least 220 in his prime. And hopefully he can somehow manage to get up to 200 pounds this offseason.

Despite his strength disadvantage though, he played some pretty good ball in the second half of the season. If he can gain some significant weight this offseason, I think he'll have a strong year.

I'm guessing he might get to around 210-215(which I expect to take a few years). He'll probably always be on the thin side, but hopefully he can get to that "wirey strong" spot physically.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mark Medina: Lakers listing Brandon Ingram as probable for tomorrow vs Clippers 3 hours ago – via Twitter MarkG_Medina
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Mark Medina: Lakers listing Brandon Ingram as probable for tomorrow vs Clippers 3 hours ago – via Twitter MarkG_Medina

Good news
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Mercy. I've been pretty down after the Zu news. Gotta get some excitement back these last few gms.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
thank god
I wonder if the Clarkson/ Russell/ Ingram/ Randle unit will go back to being historically terrible together. It was probably a coincidence but once BI got hurt they started not giving up 125 points per 100 poss
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:
thank god
I wonder if the Clarkson/ Russell/ Ingram/ Randle unit will go back to being historically terrible together. It was probably a coincidence but once BI got hurt they started not giving up 125 points per 100 poss

Brewer is a better defender than all those players, I believe swapping any of them for him would have a good impact on D. Ingram is not a good defender, but neither are JC, Russell or Randle. One of the main things that makes me a doubter about our chances to win something developing our young core is that they are all bad defenders and bellow average shooters.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:
thank god

Brewer is a better defender than all those players, I believe swapping any of them for him would have a good impact on D. Ingram is not a good defender, but neither are JC, Russell or Randle. One of the main things that makes me a doubter about our chances to win something developing our young core is that they are all bad defenders and bellow average shooters.

Yeah maybe, but somehow I'm skeptical Brewer is having that much of an effect on defense. We'll find out on against the Clippers. The optimist in me would like to think they're starting to learn how to play defense together (they being Russell, Clarkson, and Randle).
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:
thank god

You want to compare them to their peers. Comparing 19 year olds to vets is comparing apples to oranges. You're assuming theyll never get better with experience. Steph Curry in his first or second season is not what he is now. Dray Green was on the bench in his first 2 yrs.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
nash wrote:
tox wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:
thank god

Yeah maybe, but somehow I'm skeptical Brewer is having that much of an effect on defense. We'll find out on against the Clippers. The optimist in me would like to think they're starting to learn how to play defense together (they being Russell, Clarkson, and Randle).

I'm curious to see those 4 without many minutes next to Zubac.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I see him as being a 15 PPG player next season, then 18 or so the season after, then 20+ from there on out.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 414 of 1885
Jump to: