OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 452, 453, 454 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Giannis' hands are bigger as well. That is a huge factor.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ingram still looks and moves like a human.

And so did Giannis when he was 19

(not saying he'll become Giannis, which would be a dream come true, but we're comparing apples to oranges right now)

Giannis was more athletic as a rookie, by a solid amount.. Then he grew

It is crazy, though, how easily he bulked up after entering the NBA and without any loss of quickness or athleticism (actually made him more explosive). If Ingram can do that, even at a lesser level, we should be thrilled. If he gets that jumpshot down, he doesn't need to be a Giannis-level athlete anyway.

Yup. But even as a rookie you could see his frame had some muscular potential https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/giannis-antetokounmpo.jpg?quality=100&w=650

https://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/gi/giannismorecomfortable/giannismorecomfortable_fullsize_story1.jpg

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ingram still looks and moves like a human.

And so did Giannis when he was 19

(not saying he'll become Giannis, which would be a dream come true, but we're comparing apples to oranges right now)

Giannis was more athletic as a rookie, by a solid amount.. Then he grew

It is crazy, though, how easily he bulked up after entering the NBA and without any loss of quickness or athleticism (actually made him more explosive). If Ingram can do that, even at a lesser level, we should be thrilled. If he gets that jumpshot down, he doesn't need to be a Giannis-level athlete anyway.

That Greek diet will do that
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

I don't think he's faster than Ingram but the extra height, wingspan and hand size make a difference. Even as a rookie he was stronger too.

All things considered, Ingram and Giannis have the same max vertical reach.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
I don't think he's faster than Ingram but the extra height, wingspan and hand size make a difference. Even as a rookie he was stronger too.

not since Giannis grew
Also think Giannis' strides are longer than Ingram's
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

We can't even tell Ingram is going to be an above average player, but watching his highlights is like watching a superstar in the making.

I can't wait to see him next season.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

not since Giannis grew

So Giannis was 6'9" when he came into the league, and a near 7-footer now? Is there any estimate of what his wingspan was, and is?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

not since Giannis grew

So Giannis was 6'9" when he came into the league, and a near 7-footer now? Is there any estimate of what his wingspan was, and is?

Hmm, so, this article says that http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2471358-greek-freak-giannis-antetokounmpo-shows-off-122-max-vertical-reach
At 6'11, 7'4 wingpsan, his max reach is 12'2".
Ingram's reach is 9'1, with a 40" vert. That puts his max reach above Giannis' 12'2"
I really think Giannis' hands play a huge role in his dunks.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

BI vs Giannis rookie mix

Physically Giannis has the edge, with his bigger hands and better strength. But it was impressive how BI showed improvement in his athleticism throughout the year, post-all star break he was dunking on someone almost every game.

I don't think BI will ever be as physically overwhelming as Giannis, but he's got more finesse and skill to his game as a rookie. A less athletic Giannis with better iso scoring skills is still a scary player
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

not since Giannis grew

Hmm, so, this article says that http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2471358-greek-freak-giannis-antetokounmpo-shows-off-122-max-vertical-reach
Ingram's reach is 9'1, with a 40" vert. That puts his max reach above Giannis' 12'2"

Yeah that is the article I saw as well. The hands are key. Ingram doesn't have small hands but Giannis has meat hooks.

I actually think Ingram is a little quicker. Maybe has to do with the extra strength and weight Giannis has.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

not since Giannis grew

Yeah that is the article I saw as well. The hands are key. Ingram doesn't have small hands but Giannis has meat hooks.

I actually think Ingram is a little quicker. Maybe has to do with the extra strength and weight Giannis has.

Yeah, Ingram almost always dunks with 2 hands. I'm just happy to see him dunking on people. Maybe once he's comfortable dunking through contact he'll start dunking with one hand more. We don't really know right now if it's hand size or he's just trying to go up strong with 2 hands because of his slim frame. Does anyone have his hand measurements? I know they measure that for some prospects.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

not since Giannis grew

Yeah, Ingram almost always dunks with 2 hands. I'm just happy to see him dunking on people. Maybe once he's comfortable dunking through contact he'll start dunking with one hand more. We don't really know right now if it's hand size or he's just trying to go up strong with 2 hands because of his slim frame. Does anyone have his hand measurements? I know they measure that for some prospects.

Ingram dunks a lot with one hand, most of his half-dozen posters are with one hand. But there's still a difference between palming and extending, and just dunking with one hand.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W85R80WmZrE

mah goodness

this highlight mix was beautifully poetic

you can see it starts with bingram looking like a nervous newborn deer still trying not to get eaten. then brandon dunks, and dunks, and dunks.

the last play in the video is sleepy getting yet another monster poster over some pelican dude but now he's making ferocious adult deer roars.

he was but a boy. now he's a man.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Giannis attacks the rim more bc he lacked a consistent jumper. Ingram has been (up to about 2/3rds of his rookie year) a good shooter. Just different approaches to the game.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
ingle wrote:

mah goodness

this highlight mix was beautifully poetic

you can see it starts with bingram looking like a nervous newborn deer still trying not to get eaten. then brandon dunks, and dunks, and dunks.

the last play in the video is sleepy getting yet another monster poster over some pelican dude but now he's making ferocious adult deer roars.

he was but a boy. now he's a man.

Giannis is a Buck... coincidence? I think not.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:

You must have stopped watching the games back in December??
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Ingram can do a bit of everything.

comparing him to rookie Giannis: not as much sudden vertical explosiveness, though his first step is just as quick imo. Giannis can explode suddenly in tight spaces, whereas Ingram must develop a gather. But Ingram's quick first step combined with the super long strides gives him enough time to gather and finish above the rim.

And while the athleticism advantage goes to rookie Giannis, I'd say that Ingram's ball handling is significantly better than what we saw from rookie Giannis.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

ingle wrote:

BI vs Giannis rookie mix

Physically Giannis has the edge, with his bigger hands and better strength. But it was impressive how BI showed improvement in his athleticism throughout the year, post-all star break he was dunking on someone almost every game.

I don't think BI will ever be as physically overwhelming as Giannis, but he's got more finesse and skill to his game as a rookie. A less athletic Giannis with better iso scoring skills is still a scary player
Yeah agreed. Ingram is far more skilled than Giannis was as a rookie imo. Particularly in terms of ball handling.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

I didn't realize Brandon had so many highlight dunks this year.
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yup. But even as a rookie you could see his frame had some muscular potential https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/giannis-antetokounmpo.jpg?quality=100&w=650

https://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/gi/giannismorecomfortable/giannismorecomfortable_fullsize_story1.jpg

Kid develop at different times though. My biggest growth spurt was my 20th to 21st year, i grew another few inches and grew a lot stronger.

My point is, Ingram hasn't developed his man's strength yet, no way to determine if he will or wont be stronger than Gianis (likely not of course, but with a strong enough work ethic it is not only possible, its doable).

Me personally, I think BI is going to continue to grow into a great player. Happy to have him.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

not since Giannis grew

Ingram dunks a lot with one hand, most of his half-dozen posters are with one hand. But there's still a difference between palming and extending, and just dunking with one hand.

Stop messing with my eye test bro.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Giannis

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/853380979854946304/photo/1
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Giannis

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/853380979854946304/photo/1

das crazy.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Boldarblood wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Kid develop at different times though. My biggest growth spurt was my 20th to 21st year, i grew another few inches and grew a lot stronger.

My point is, Ingram hasn't developed his man's strength yet, no way to determine if he will or wont be stronger than Gianis (likely not of course, but with a strong enough work ethic it is not only possible, its doable).

Me personally, I think BI is going to continue to grow into a great player. Happy to have him.

This- BI is still just a baby deer. Some guys like Lebron are already full grown men at 19, but not Ingram. He is still growing and he is a late bloomer. So yes the future is bright for us, BI will get taller, longer and more explosive as he gets his man's strength in the next few years.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

ingram ran the point position for a little bit. u dont trade that boy!! he could be giannis with a reliable jumpshot and fadeaway. he's weak but he's 19, a lot of room to grow
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 452, 453, 454 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 453 of 1885
Jump to: