OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 478, 479, 480 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

The man with the numbers. Thanks for that Tox!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The man with the numbers. Thanks for that Tox!

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
MJST wrote:
If Brandon Ingram came out next season and averaged 15 points and shot 36-37% from three.

Ask yourself.. do we desperately need Paul George at that point?

As a free agent.
You dang skippy. Who would you rather try to pick up in free agency with the cap space?

IF he bought into what we were doing and Magic's conditioning premise as well as Luke's vision? (which he'd have to in order to sign here)

DeMarcus Cousins.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
epak wrote:
MJST wrote:
If Brandon Ingram came out next season and averaged 15 points and shot 36-37% from three.

Ask yourself.. do we desperately need Paul George at that point?

As a free agent.
You dang skippy. Who would you rather try to pick up in free agency with the cap space?

IF he bought into what we were doing and Magic's conditioning premise as well as Luke's vision? (which he'd have to in order to sign here)

DeMarcus Cousins.

This board doesn't have a font large enough to accurately portray how big that if would really need to be.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers’ Brandon Ingram wants to ‘dream big’ with his 5-year plan

The Lakers surely will play host to those players as they evaluate their options with their No. 2 draft pick, but the most interesting workouts of the summer might involve former Laker Kobe Bryant and Lakers forward Brandon Ingram...
“Of course, it’s going to happen eventually this summer,” Ingram said in a phone interview. “I’ll pick his brain on whatever.”

Before that happens, though, Bryant stressed that growth requires more than just offseason training sessions. Bryant also outlined the importance for Ingram to formulate a five-year plan regarding his NBA career. It sounds like Ingram already has etched out a blueprint.

“In five years, you can say you want to be a superstar in this league and want to win such and such amount of championships,” Ingram said. “But I also want to continue to get better and better each and every year. Of course, you want to win more games every year. But my main goal right now is to get better and get closer toward having a winning team with the Lakers organization.”

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/23/lakers-brandon-ingram-wants-to-dream-big-with-his-5-year-plan/
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

At the end of his rookie deal I believe Ingram is going to be a beast.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

Ingram and Lakers young core back in the gym

Good to know that they're addressing their need for 3-pt shooting to help spacing. It may not pay optimum dividends but any improvement will certainly be welcome as that's a big key to helping a potential DLo/Ball back court.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Good to know that they're addressing their need for 3-pt shooting to help spacing. It may not pay optimum dividends but any improvement will certainly be welcome as that's a big key to helping a potential DLo/Ball back court.

Young players working to improve their shooting in the off season is music to my ears. I love seeing the young guys grow.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Young players working to improve their shooting in the off season is music to my ears. I love seeing the young guys grow.

Yeah...I also like that they are spending a lot of time together training in the offseason which should do wonders for team chemistry
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Everytime I hear about the young core working out together, I get happy again
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Trudell confirms GoldenThroat's wants about Ingram's jumpshot

@LakersReporter
Brandon Ingram’s been spending a lot of time working on/fine-tuning his shot w/LAL’s staff. Focus on the release, really breaking it down.

@LakerFilmRoom
@LakersReporter Great news. Should focus on finishing high vs outward. He back rims a lot of shots because he doesn't always get is elbow past is eyebrow.

@LakersReporter
@LakerFilmRoom Yup, the coaches are on the finer points. He made progress from Oct. to April and should make more this offseason.

THAT... made me so very happy.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Lakers’ Brandon Ingram wants to ‘dream big’ with his 5-year plan

The Lakers surely will play host to those players as they evaluate their options with their No. 2 draft pick, but the most interesting workouts of the summer might involve former Laker Kobe Bryant and Lakers forward Brandon Ingram...
“Of course, it’s going to happen eventually this summer,” Ingram said in a phone interview. “I’ll pick his brain on whatever.”

Before that happens, though, Bryant stressed that growth requires more than just offseason training sessions. Bryant also outlined the importance for Ingram to formulate a five-year plan regarding his NBA career. It sounds like Ingram already has etched out a blueprint.

“In five years, you can say you want to be a superstar in this league and want to win such and such amount of championships,” Ingram said. “But I also want to continue to get better and better each and every year. Of course, you want to win more games every year. But my main goal right now is to get better and get closer toward having a winning team with the Lakers organization.”

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/23/lakers-brandon-ingram-wants-to-dream-big-with-his-5-year-plan/

My prediction: he will be a top 10 player by the end of his plan. (In the league).

Really like his game, his attitude, his desire and his humility.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject:

What is crazy is that Ingram is either the same age or younger than many of the top 10 picks in this year's draft!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
tox wrote:

Ingram's FT% dropped like 15% through the season. Zubac's about 25%. Our other guys improved, but barely. I'm not saying they're going to make his stroke worse. I'm just not convinced they're going to fix it either.

The FT% dropping is bizarre - especially for Zubac, who was knocking them down at first when he started playing.

Seems pretty normal to me. I don't think either of them were completely used to the NBA schedule yet, so their FT% probably dropped due to fatigue.

Player Pre-ASB Post-ASB
Russell, 1st yr: 69.9% 77.3%
Clarkson, 1st yr: 81.3% 84.3%
Clarkson, 2nd yr*: 79.1%, 83.9%
Randle, 1st yr: 70%, 74.4%
Nance, 1st yr: 72.3%, 75.8%

There's no actual trend of fatigue for any of the other young core.

*In case you want to argue Clarkson doesn't count since he didn't play a full season and get fatigued.

Hmm...I guess data doesn't support my hypothesis. If they still have bad FT% during this season, then I'd probably start to worry. Just looking at the splits between Dwight Howard's FT% in practice and during games, I was under the impression that fatigue did make a difference.

Sure, other players also had a drop off. Nash went from like 97% to 90%. Kobe from 91% to 84%. etc. But I think it's more likely that not being in a free throw rhythm explains the drop in accuracy, since you don't get to shoot 10 or 100 FTs in a row in an actual game. If it were fatigue, you'd see a leaguewide trend for lower FT% later in the season and later in an individual game (i.e. 3Q, 4Q, OT) which afaik doesn't exist.

BI and Zubac were the only ones who never played in the NBA schedule before. I don't believe those pre/post all Star game stats discount fatigue as a factor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
tox wrote:

Ingram's FT% dropped like 15% through the season. Zubac's about 25%. Our other guys improved, but barely. I'm not saying they're going to make his stroke worse. I'm just not convinced they're going to fix it either.

The FT% dropping is bizarre - especially for Zubac, who was knocking them down at first when he started playing.

Seems pretty normal to me. I don't think either of them were completely used to the NBA schedule yet, so their FT% probably dropped due to fatigue.

Player Pre-ASB Post-ASB

*In case you want to argue Clarkson doesn't count since he didn't play a full season and get fatigued.

Hmm...I guess data doesn't support my hypothesis. If they still have bad FT% during this season, then I'd probably start to worry. Just looking at the splits between Dwight Howard's FT% in practice and during games, I was under the impression that fatigue did make a difference.

Sure, other players also had a drop off. Nash went from like 97% to 90%. Kobe from 91% to 84%. etc. But I think it's more likely that not being in a free throw rhythm explains the drop in accuracy, since you don't get to shoot 10 or 100 FTs in a row in an actual game. If it were fatigue, you'd see a leaguewide trend for lower FT% later in the season and later in an individual game (i.e. 3Q, 4Q, OT) which afaik doesn't exist.

BI and Zubac were the only ones who never played in the NBA schedule before. I don't believe those pre/post all Star game stats discount fatigue as a factor.

The stats provided were for DLO/Jules/JC/Nance in their 1st years...when they also didn't go through the NBA schedules either.

I just think Ingram needs to retool the mechanics on his shot. No reason he should be such a poor FT shooter. Perhaps the 41% from 3 at Duke may have misled us into believing he was a knockdown 3 point shooter.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Trudell confirms GoldenThroat's wants about Ingram's jumpshot

@LakersReporter
Brandon Ingram’s been spending a lot of time working on/fine-tuning his shot w/LAL’s staff. Focus on the release, really breaking it down.

@LakerFilmRoom
@LakersReporter Great news. Should focus on finishing high vs outward. He back rims a lot of shots because he doesn't always get is elbow past is eyebrow.

@LakersReporter
@LakerFilmRoom Yup, the coaches are on the finer points. He made progress from Oct. to April and should make more this offseason.

THAT... made me so very happy.

GT making our players better
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
tox wrote:

Player Pre-ASB Post-ASB

The stats provided were for DLO/Jules/JC/Nance in their 1st years...when they also didn't go through the NBA schedules either.

I just think Ingram needs to retool the mechanics on his shot. No reason he should be such a poor FT shooter. Perhaps the 41% from 3 at Duke may have misled us into believing he was a knockdown 3 point shooter.

Argh. You are right.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
tox wrote:

Player Pre-ASB Post-ASB

I wonder if the increase in playing time had anything to do with it. Without checking out the #s, I feel like BI and Zu had a more drastic increase in playing time throughout the season than Russell, Randle, or Nance. Fatigue messes up mechanics.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
tox wrote:
Jiggling Jello wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
tox wrote:

Player Pre-ASB Post-ASB

I wonder if the increase in playing time had anything to do with it. Without checking out the #s, I feel like BI and Zu had a more drastic increase in playing time throughout the season than Russell, Randle, or Nance. Fatigue messes up mechanics.

I think the simple explanation, and we're doing mental gymnastics here, is that Ingram/Zub have to work on their FTs. The myriad of reasons provided basically apply to DLO/JC/Jules too and their FT%s didn't dip post ASB.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

BI confirmed he'll be at summer league

Looking forward to big things from him at SL with a years experience under him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:

Nice. He'll be the lead guy on that squad.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:

I can't wait for him and Zubac to mesh with Ball.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

The simplest answer is usually the right one. Ingram played 4.5 more mpg post-ASB as compared to pre-ASB, but Russell played 3.5 more mpg as a rookie. I don't see this as a strong explanation.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

The simplest answer is usually the right one. Ingram played 4.5 more mpg post-ASB as compared to pre-ASB, but Russell played 3.5 more mpg as a rookie. I don't see this as a strong explanation.

Interesting, yeah, it doesn't explain the dip.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ingle wrote:

gonna be lead guy on our squad too...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 478, 479, 480 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 479 of 1885
Jump to: