OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 521, 522, 523 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
nash wrote:
I don't know if Ingram will come back shooting better from long distance, but I have no doubt we are going to see him finishing a lot of alley-oops with another PG running the show like he did a few times last season after timeouts.

I love how Ingram lulls Lebron to sleep here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6SU5dUFbthQ

of course
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
I don't know if Ingram will come back shooting better from long distance, but I have no doubt we are going to see him finishing a lot of alley-oops with another PG running the show like he did a few times last season after timeouts.

I love how Ingram lulls Lebron to sleep here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6SU5dUFbthQ

With Lonzo running the show I expect players like Ingram and Nance finishing a couple of plays like that most games, not a couple of times per season.

By the way Ball can also finish those alley-oops himself.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

The important thing for Ingram in year 2 is consistency. Had a promising march but was pretty poor in april (and most of the year). He has climbed one spot up on the pecking order and we can't take him having inconsistent nights. Dlo and Jules in year 2 would have great nights and then multiple clunkers. I know it's a lot for a 19 year old but he's one of the top 3 options on the team now. And we just shed most of our offensive firepower at the guard position.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

if that was a bad year hold onto your hats fans...
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Ingram: (On summer league) I'm looking to kill everybody in front of me.

LOOK OUT GUYS, HERE HE COMES
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:
BI on M&I

Thanks!

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:

BI sounds so much more comfortable talking now too
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
Brandon Ingram: (On summer league) I'm looking to kill everybody in front of me.

LOOK OUT GUYS, HERE HE COMES

Love that kinda talk..
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

I haven't seen any Lakers player with more promise than Ingram in the last five years. I think he will be great.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
nash wrote:

With Lonzo running the show I expect players like Ingram and Nance finishing a couple of plays like that most games, not a couple of times per season.

By the way Ball can also finish those alley-oops himself.

It'll be a lot easier for Lonzo to do that if he actually plays with Ingram and Nance for more than a third of the season, assuming Walton doesn't go back to a platoon system.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Ingram said today he has a totally different mentality. He wants to get back to being a defensive stopper, and is disappointed in his season last year. Knows he can be better.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:

Ya getting better on the mic. Most young players are damn robotic on the mic anyway. Even Kobe wasn't good on the mic when he was super young, although he was charming with his smile
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Ingram said today he has a totally different mentality. He wants to get back to being a defensive stopper, and is disappointed in his season last year. Knows he can be better.

This is why I'm not worried about his first year woes. He knows where he needs to get better, and is taking the necessary steps to improve.
PerchiN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Have a good feeling that Ingram is gonna be great. Paired with Lonzo, it's gonna be a lot of fun watching them work on their craft and seeing how they improve season to season. Looking forward to watching how much the Lakers improve, definitely gonna translate to playoffs in the near future hopefully!

Crazy thing is...Ingram is only a month older than Lonzo with a whole year of NBA experience under his belt. Sky is the limit for this guy, so stoked to have him on the Lakers
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject:

the future...
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

Ya getting better on the mic. Most young players are damn robotic on the mic anyway. Even Kobe wasn't good on the mic when he was super young, although he was charming with his smile

I thought BI was kinda robotic when he first entered the league, he's gotten so much better but that Lonzo...damn is he robotic. I wonder what he's really like cause he sure ain't showing much regarding his personality.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

The name of the game is focus.

Early the only thing he did was a eye catching defensive play here and there, then at the end of the season when he was dunking on people and taking guys one on one his ft% and 3pt% felt a bit and he was not as active on defense as he was early. With his rookie season behind I believe he is going to keep improving while putting it all together.

I'm not a bit concerned about Ingram, it is reported that the kid has great work ethic and most of the time I see a kid trying to play the game the right way.

I really enjoy watching his development and I'm excited with what he brings to the table.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject:

Starting to get really excited about LonzoGram. Have moved on from DLO and focusing on the great young talent we have.

My areas of focus for Ingram this year:

1. consistency. I know he was uber young, but he's moved up a few pegs on the totem pole, so he can't have a 17 point game followed by a 6 point one. I know that DLO in year 2 had too many of those, but Ingram's game isn't reliant on the long ball so I hope he can find multiple ways to attack.

2. defense. I know that we all project him as an elite defender, but IIRC, the metrics didn't show that. His block/steal % was abnormally low for a projected elite defender and for someone with his immense wingspan/reach. This is why I'm hoping he plays "SF" instead of SG, but I don't think chasing SGs in tight spaces/screens is great for him. I think in due time he has the potential to be our lock down defender.

3. 3 point shooting. 29% isn't going to cut it, especially b/c we are going to rely on him as probably our 2nd option (unless PG comes, he's #3 option). Thankfully he's working on his mechanics.

4. FT shooting. For the same reasons as #3, he's got to have confidence going to the line in close games. I don't want him to get the Iggy-lack-of-FT-confidence late in games.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm all in with the British Connection as well!
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Trudell:

Quote:
Lopez has been in for a few workouts already, and told me he was immediately very impressed w/how good Brandon Ingram is.

Quote:
The coaches and his teammates are the best judges of this, and they’ve all been raving about how Ingram’s looked in the gym.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
Trudell:

Quote:
Lopez has been in for a few workouts already, and told me he was immediately very impressed w/how good Brandon Ingram is.

Quote:
The coaches and his teammates are the best judges of this, and they’ve all been raving about how Ingram’s looked in the gym.

GreatBallsOnFire
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
Trudell:

Quote:

Quote:

He is going to be good, every player tells he is special.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

cmonkee wrote:
Trudell:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean this is exactly what the rhetoric was this time last year too, after the first summer league practice. Excited to see some improvement though!

I see him as a several-years long project still. Not sure if he's going to make the big leap everyone wants him to do this season... Think it is likelier to happen season 3 or 4
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
cmonkee wrote:
Trudell:

Quote:

Quote:

I mean this is exactly what the rhetoric was this time last year too, after the first summer league practice. Excited to see some improvement though!

I see him as a several-years long project still. Not sure if he's going to make the big leap everyone wants him to do this season... Think it is likelier to happen season 3 or 4

Not sure about that. They knew he was going to be good, but a lot of the guys also understood the physicality would be the toughest aspect for him to adjust to. It's something Nance discussed in the exit meeting. The first year is always the most difficult, so expectations have to be tempered a bit. Second or third year is when we begin to see what they are capable of, although I expect a guy like Lonzo to make an immediate impact.

With the progression Ingram demonstrated the second half of the season, I don't think he can be labeled a project. I'll do a piece on this later, but the way defenses started over-committing to him is why I think he'll be really good next season. As Ennis said during his exit interview, Ingram made the game easier for his teammates. It's not something I've seen since the Kobe days. I get the impression they will try to feature him as much as possible (and Magic even talked about building around him).
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I hope this isn't just lip service.

The defense or whatever they are doing they are calling defense needs to change. It has been just terrible for several years now.

Calling out not just the players, but the coaches....it isn't that complicated really is it?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 521, 522, 523 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 522 of 1885
Jump to: